PDA

View Full Version : m.exe and Flash Drive.

flipstah
04-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey everyone!

I recently encountered a flash drive issue and apparently, Google doesn't offer much information about it. Whenever someone plugs in their own flash drive, McAfee detects something called "m.exe" and says it is a virus.

It only does it while on AutoRun apparently and Google only tells me that it may be a virus but not what it actually does. Is it actually a virus or something that helps run AutoRun?

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

01RedDX
04-06-2009, 09:52 AM

Moezer
04-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Hey everyone!

I recently encountered a flash drive issue and apparently, Google doesn't offer much information about it. Whenever someone plugs in their own flash drive, McAfee detects something called "m.exe" and says it is a virus.

It only does it while on AutoRun apparently and Google only tells me that it may be a virus but not what it actually does. Is it actually a virus or something that helps run AutoRun?

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

some antivirus programs catch EXE files as a virus, i dont know much of ur prob but id say just ignore it some antivirus programs are sinsetive that way. Also to every one that dont know this, there is a virus out there, that will make your antivirus think that every EXE file on you computer is a virus, and take it from me its not fun !!! had to reboot my whole pc

googe
04-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Ignore the above poster.

If you want more info about what it does, go here:
http://threatexpert.com/submissionapplet.aspx

You can upload the sample and it will give you details on what it does and what it's called.