PDA

View Full Version : Active Release Therapy

94CoRd
04-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I just finished having my first active release session the other day. If you don't know what ART is, just click here (http://www.activerelease.com/what_patients.asp), but it's pretty much a massage while stretching in a specified area. Really good for tension and scar tissue.

My question is, if anyone has been to, and can recommend an ART place, that being you find it affordable. Where I go its going to run about $80 a session, and will eat up the benefits in no time.

Thanks.

Ntense_SpecV
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
My Chiropractor does Active Release. He's down in the SW (Dr. Colin Watson @ Oakridge Chiropractric beside the Co-op). I believe he charges $50 for this as well - not to sure because I don't specifically go there for treatment.

Super_Geo
04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
My chiropractor does Active Release as well... he's sick! Really nice guy, explains everything he's doing, rates are $95/initial assessment, and then $40/session after that.

He came highly recommended to me from friends who have had bad sports related injuries in the past, and I recently had some acute lower back pain after throwing it out pretty hard and he had me back up up and running in no time.

Let me know if you need his contact info, he's located at 12th Ave and 5th Street SW.

hassanc21
04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Go to Mayfair Chiropractic on Glenmore and Elbow Drive SW.
Dr. Cosman does active release and is trained in the Graston technique. Which is a more intense and effective active release therapy. His rates are great, but even more so, his treatments work.

His philosophy is to get you to where you want to be as fast as your body will let you.

liquid1010
04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
If you're in the west..... Westside Sports & Dance Therapy. He's one of the best, and does work for some sports teams in the city. Intitial charge of $65, but the remaining sessions are $45.