PDA

View Full Version : Full Coverage on RHD Vehicles?

guitarguy
04-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey everyone,
Thought i'd ask the question on here. I've been calling all over the place trying to find a company that will put full coverage on a 1993 supra. I need collision on the car but every place i've call said they only do liability, they dont even do fire and theft.

Anyone know of a company that will offer full coverage?

Thanks

Jeff

Ukyo8
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
TD

top_speed
04-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo8
TD :thumbsup:

guitarguy
04-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Awesome, i'll have to call them and get a quote tomorrow

thanks alot

ercchry
04-06-2009, 09:07 PM
if you have modification done in more then 2 of their categories TD will not cover you and your only option will turn into nordic, will need an appraisal for anything more then liability with them though

andyg16
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
maybe try state farm

Jason Lange
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I have full coverage on my RHD Supra with ING, my broker is Topley, Sanders and Jepson insurance. Give them a try, very reasonable pricing.

ercchry
04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Jason Lange
I have full coverage on my RHD Supra with ING, my broker is Topley, Sanders and Jepson insurance. Give them a try, very reasonable pricing.

nordic is a division of ing, so that might be a better route since nordic is the `end of the line`for insurance

GQBalla
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM

did you need a vehicle appraisalÉ

CelicaST-162
04-06-2009, 10:02 PM

I have full coverage on the Aristo with ING, the broker I deal with Lundgren and Young. Reasonable pricing as well! Mind you I've been with them for a number of years.

Jason Lange
04-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

did you need a vehicle appraisalÉ

Actually no they didn't ask for one, I simply told them what I paid for it and the extras I put into it and they said ok. I have my business liability, company lease equipment, home and cars with them so maybe that made it a bit easier.

BlackFyre
04-07-2009, 02:21 AM
TD for sure, I've been with them since I imported my car back in '06. You'll have to tell them about every mod done to the car though, and not fully disclosing them can lead to no moneyz.

shin0bi
04-07-2009, 09:56 PM
TD or Meloche Monnex FTW.
My Fairlady is cheaper to insure than my Saturn!

guitarguy
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Do engine mods jack the price up? I'm going to call a couple of these places tomorrow i've been working 14 hours shifts all week. Whenever i have time to call them no ones there to talk to.

ercchry
04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
TD is open till 8pm during the week, for modifications it depends on the areas that are modified, hit more then 2 categories and TD will tell you that they can not cover you... ie. wheels bigger then factory count for 2 categories, then engine would put you over, roll cage would be another one and good luck at that point

guitarguy
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I called topley sanders and jepson insurance. They told me 4450 for full coverage. They said aftermarket intercoolers and intakes don't make a difference but the combination of exhaust and bigger wheels doubles it. If i bought a stock car that would be two things i'd wanna do. What would happen if i told them it didnt have exhaust or bigger wheels and i got in an accident, would they cover nothing?

I know a couple buddies that modify their car and just not tell their insurance company and they haven't had a problem.

911fever
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by guitarguy
I called topley sanders and jepson insurance. They told me 4450 for full coverage. They said aftermarket intercoolers and intakes don't make a difference but the combination of exhaust and bigger wheels doubles it. If i bought a stock car that would be two things i'd wanna do. What would happen if i told them it didnt have exhaust or bigger wheels and i got in an accident, would they cover nothing?

I know a couple buddies that modify their car and just not tell their insurance company and they haven't had a problem.

that's garbage. They're just taking you for a rip.
keep phoning. Wawanessa is awesome, they don't care about mods from my experience.

badatusrnames
04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Can anyone explain why simply having bigger tires increases your rates?

ercchry
04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Can anyone explain why simply having bigger tires increases your rates?

counts in 2 categories thats all they tell you.... frankly i think it is just a cop out, but like i said earlier if you want to be legal and have them cover you in a collision your only option after you hit the 3rd category of modifications is nordic. this is what i have been told by TD and masked bandit on here (who i ended up using as my broker since nordic does not deal directly with the customer)

give masked bandit a call and he can put everything into his magic computer and tell you what company will be best for you