PDA

View Full Version : 350Z heater motor

LUDELVR
04-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey lads,

anyone have any experience with a 350z heater motor? I'm assuming it's pretty similar to most heater motors, but at the mo I'm having some issues with my bro's car. When I turn the heater up the motor itself sounds as if it's getting ready to explode. It makes a sort of sound as if something is caught and when it spins, it makes the same whirling noise that is very loud and gets even louder when the speed gets turned up almost to the point where it literally sounds as if it's just going to break.

Is the heater motor an independent assembly or is it belt driven? Not entire sure, but it does sound as if it's coming from under the passenger side dash. Haven't had time to look at it, but just wondering if anyone with a 350 has had any similar issues. Any help would be awesome!

Cheers.

DC2
04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Independant assembly, should be decently accessible. Like you said its right under the passanger dash.
There should be 3 or 4 screws holding it up

2EFNFAST
04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
if it's anything like my dad's i30 that I just replaced, it's 7 (or so) screws, drop the glove box, unbolt it and bolt the new one in.

Mike09
04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
likely something like a leaf or mouse?? maybe got stuck in the fan. happens all the time.
It's just got an electric motor underneath the fan itself and it's only got a couple screws to remove.

LUDELVR
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know if this helps anything, but the car has been sitting for a few weeks in the drive, and all the snow has finally melted away. The snow was pretty much piled on when it dumped and was never brushed off, just melted. :dunno: