RIDE SAFE!!

redevil
10-19-2003, 06:16 PM
when did that happen?

kaput
10-19-2003, 06:17 PM

bol
10-19-2003, 06:46 PM
He went straight into the river... I saw them at the scene with the body covered up after they fished him out of the river. Didn't look very good and the bike was no where to be seen

PsI
10-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Holy shit, thats weird.. anyone know what kind of bike this was.. or when this happened?? that soo nuts... be careful

kevie88
10-19-2003, 07:21 PM
holy crap!

rage2
10-19-2003, 08:38 PM
There's a left hand kink where the accident occurred, right under the center st. bridge.

Shaolin
10-19-2003, 08:47 PM
think buddy was speeding? I drive on that road everyday and can't see an accident happening there without speeding. I didn't watch the news so I have no idea what happened.

YCB
10-19-2003, 10:58 PM
i heard it on the news.. stunting accident.. wheelie possibly.. so they say... and i think it was a red and white f4I

Date: Sun Oct 19 02:10:01 2003
Subject: Fatality Collision

-----BEGIN MD5 -----------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just after 0130 on October 19,2003, a motorcyclist was
eastbound on Memorial Drive just west of Centre St when he
lost control of the bike and left the road. He continued
down the embankment and landed in the river.

Police , Fire and EMS responded and despite the efforts of
EMS and the assistance of the Calgary Fire Dept, the
motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police Traffic Investigators are currently at the scene
completing the fatality investigation.

East bound Memorial Drive is closed and will remain closed
for about 4 hours.

-30-

ryder_23
10-19-2003, 11:14 PM
Just saw news, said he was racing...but its the news, so maybe just trying to make bikers(edit sp) have a bad name :dunno: , plus the media is full of shit, lol, imo

YCB
10-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Just saw news, said he was racing...but its the news, so maybe just trying to make a biker have a bad name :dunno: , plus the media is full of shit, lol, imo

:werd: media likes to blow things up..

B17a
10-20-2003, 11:10 AM
I heard about another bike accident on Saturday. This hands down is the winner of dumbest human alive.

From what I heard on CFCN, some woman was driving her car westbound on Glenmore, took the turnoff onto Crowchild, realized, she didn't want to go onto Crowchild, and get this........made a U-Turn and started driving back down the exit ramp!! Anyways, some biker hit her or rather she hit him. I don't think too seriously though since I haven't heard about it since. U-Turn on an off ramp! I'm speechless, this truly is a person too stupid to live! She beats out that other woman who backed up down that off ramp on Deerfoot last year for stupidest human alive!

Kona9
10-20-2003, 11:24 AM
i drove past that. How fuckin mental can you be? She shoud be dragged behind the new bike the rider gets when he recovers. I hope he is ok. There was nothing but the bike the car, police and fire trucks there with the road blocked off when I got there. Traffic was so backed up.

Shaolin
10-20-2003, 11:26 AM
are you fucking serious?!?!? was this a couple days ago? I remember driving off the offramp from Crowchild to Glenmore East and the offramp from Glenmore to Crowchild got sealed off by ambulences and cop cars.. I don't remember if it was 2 or 3 days ago.. I probably saw that accident then..

B17a
10-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
are you fucking serious?!?!? was this a couple days ago?

I wish I were joking yet people of this stupidity live amongst us! They showed the plate of the lady's car on the news, I should have posted it it so we can all stay as far away from this walking time bomb.

Shaolin
10-20-2003, 11:39 AM
they didn't disclose any names or anything did they? my god, I REFUSE to believe these types of drivers actually EXIST. But I saw the scene, i was coming home from the U saturday afternoon and there it was.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ajay
10-20-2003, 01:34 PM
That is by far the worst I've ever heard of any driver in Calgary.

That driver should NEVER be able to drive a vehicle ever again

Mr.Touchdown
10-21-2003, 08:40 AM
i hear that, you just dont do somthing dumb like that man some people

RiCE-DaDDy
10-23-2003, 08:35 PM
you mean the rider was going up the ramp and she was coming down, so its a head on collision?? thats some messed up shit

fivespeed
11-05-2003, 12:45 AM
From what I heard on CFCN, some woman was driving her car westbound on Glenmore, took the turnoff onto Crowchild, realized, she didn't want to go onto Crowchild, and get this........made a U-Turn and started driving back down the exit ramp!! Anyways, some biker hit her or rather she hit him. I don't think too seriously though since I haven't heard about it since. U-Turn on an off ramp! I'm speechless, this truly is a person too stupid to live! She beats out that other woman who backed up down that off ramp on Deerfoot last year for stupidest human alive!

Dude i was there lol i was on foot not in a car but ya it was messed up.

bikrbabe
11-06-2003, 03:48 PM
A while ago I saw something similar on Deerfoot... some person was driving south on northbound deerfoot near the McKenzie/Douglasdale areas.... where do some of these people get their licences? out of cracker jack boxes? lol