PDA

View Full Version : How many demerits do I have after getting GDL back

blacklabel
04-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I just got my license back after having it gone for a month. First time I lost it due to getting too many points. How many points to I have now that I've got it back again 8 points fresh or only a few?

Tik-Tok
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I think you still have 8, but now you have to wait another full year to get your regular class 5

Edit: Nope, you're at 3 now.

Note: If a new driver has their operator’s licence suspended due to accumulating 8 or more demerit points their operator’s licence will be reinstated, following the suspension, with 3 demerit points.Effective intervention strategies are in place that will enable Alberta Transportation to identify problem driving behaviors that may require the driver to attend improvement or remedial courses.

blacklabel
04-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I think you still have 8, but now you have to wait another full year to get your regular class 5

Edit: Nope, you're at 3 now.

So I can take on 5 more points then?

Tik-Tok
04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by blacklabel

Yes... not that you should be posing that question like it's a challenge... but you still need a year from now until you are class 5.

jazzyb
04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by blacklabel

Best idea is to think you have zero left, and drive according to the rules posted on the road signs.

Tomaz
04-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by jazzyb

Best idea is to think you have zero left, and drive according to the rules posted on the road signs.

One time that ignorance is bliss!

I am going to have a clean license in 3 months because I have followed this rule.

good advice:thumbsup:

Eleanor
04-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by jazzyb
Best idea is to think you have zero left, and drive according to the rules posted on the road signs. What a novel concept! Why hasn't anyone else thought of that before? :rofl: