PDA

View Full Version : S13 Sr20DET Clutch

drlopter
04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Clutch is going in my 180 and i want to know what to get, need reliability but also racing to street performance, open to any thoughts

RZRSHARP_SVX
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
get a ACT-6puck sprung should give you the streetability and performance for what you need

blainer
04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know what kind of power you're pushing but a Centerforce Dual friction will give you all the hold you'll need up to 300ft/lbs

RZRSHARP_SVX
04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Centerforce clutches are crap. from everyone I talk to.

ercchry
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by RZRSHARP_SVX
get a ACT-6puck sprung should give you the streetability and performance for what you need

brad do this but unsprung, same clutch as i had in the 2-farty. i had an act street fly wheel with it, and the pressure plate was the xtreme duty one

RZRSHARP_SVX
04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I am running the unsprung racing disc and presure plate in my car right now. and its holding up great.

ercchry
04-08-2009, 05:11 PM
yeah i had one season on mine and gave it shit every time out, lots of clutch dropping too. still was grabbing great at the end of the season

bundi
05-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I always thought those unsprung 6 puck clutches were rough as shit and aren't really that nice to use for a daily driver.

I think Jim Wolf Tech makes a clutch for the 350Z that works for the SR20 and is a sprung disc ~ much nicer to use. I think it holds pretty hard too, but I can't recall the numbers so I won't even guess.

Don't take my word as 100% though.. I haven't used either of the above clutches in my car, and will most likely re-research this when I upgrade my clutch.

Jason Lange
05-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm using OS giken multi plate and it is amazing...so smooth. It is the sprung one.

Cooked Rice
05-05-2009, 12:23 AM
RPS Sport. Or RPS Max, but the pedal is pretty stiff with the Max.

ercchry
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by bundi

Don't take my word as 100% though.. I haven't used either of the above clutches in my car, and will most likely re-research this when I upgrade my clutch.

well.... since i HAVE ran the unsprung it is not bad... no rattling. it all comes down to the user of the clutch and how well they can drive.

and the op has got a new clutch... have not talked to him in a while so im not 100% sure what he went with but i think it was similar to my old set up but they sent him the wrong flywheel (turned out to be the more expensive one)

bundi
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I was looking at some Clutchmaster's and they sound pretty interesting, sprung disc design, their clamping system (?) is a bit different so the pedal feel stays like stock but you can get up to 110% more clamping force.

might be worth checking out

zieg
05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Never heard a bad thing about Competition Clutch.

n1zm0
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
i have an ACT street/strip kit from about 3 years ago, still meaty (mind you i dont beat on my clutch that often) but not your best friend in deerfoot traffic.

i had no idea what clutch i had in the tranny when i did the SR swap, found out it was an OSGiken of some sort, quite thick is all i remember as Jason Lange said, it was fken awesome, probably the best clutch i've ever used, smooth as he said. of course wanting hte same experience again i was going to buy another...then I saw the price of one and quickly ran away lol you pay for the quality on those things.