PDA

View Full Version : <<<A4 vs TSX>>>

XoXMsAnjaliXoX
10-19-2003, 09:23 PM
i'm stuck between them i dunno what to get...acura tsx with navi...or audi a4 (w/o navi) 1.8...help please opinions appreciated

btw i'm new :D

That.Guy.S30
10-19-2003, 09:26 PM
since your new.. this is what everyone will tell so watch out.. there goin to tell you why dont you go drive it and see what you like more.. haha and it gets worse then that..
personally i like both cars.. the tsx is nicely designed but if it came down to it.. i would get a a4 1.8t with quattro if its possible on that car.. i duno anythin about audi

04blackMAX
10-19-2003, 09:30 PM
audi man, way better car wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

PsI
10-19-2003, 09:30 PM
audi

Ajay
10-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Hands down...Audi

Hash_man
10-19-2003, 09:44 PM
The TSX looks awesome, but is slow. Get a 1.8t Quattro a4, that would be awesome.

XoXMsAnjaliXoX
10-20-2003, 12:09 AM
lol ok...i guess it would help if u knew that i tested them both and like them equally...both have their advantages and disadvantages....but for ur info 1)this will be my first car 2) sry i dun race so i guess i'm not that interested in speed but wanna know whats better in a overall sense 3) i live in chicago so i need something that handles well in the snow (obviously the quattro would be a major plus cept yea i dunno if it comes in the 1.8) 4) i like the interior of the tsx but the exterior of the audi 5) the audi has a horrible blind spot in my opinion 6) and the audi navi sux 7) the feel in both cars is great but i slightly prefer the acura

sandman
10-20-2003, 12:12 AM
u can get quattro in the 1.8, audis are jus bad in the sense that u ight ahv a few elecrtonics go haywire, like heated seats almost burning them lol, happeend to a friends cousin's S4, but all in all at the end of the day an AWD turbo Audi, or a Honda...audi all the wya man
but, ur call.....

Hakkola
10-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Audi is 1.8 is slow too, but cheap to get some power out of it...
For winter driving Audi is the obvious choice.

Is Navi important to you? Where is the 'terrible blind spot? I think when it comes down to it I'd feel safer in an Audi, especially in the winter, I haven't seen the interior of the tsx but from what I've seen of the CL and the rest of the Acura range the materials used and the fit and finish didn't seem quite as good as the Audi.

Sounds like you prefer the TSX though, if you get good winter tires I'm sure you'll be fine, but the Audi would be better.

If it's the first year TSX I'd stay away from it, 1st year models usually have more kinks.

Stratus_Power
10-20-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

If it's the first year TSX I'd stay away from it, 1st year models usually have more kinks.

but its basically an Europe Accord, so not really 1st year

rice_eater
10-20-2003, 12:58 AM
QUATRO is your is your friend!!! it really comes in handy in the winter. However some people complain that it's too agressive and takes all the fun out of driving, coz it keeps you on the road TOO well. I would pick the A4 anyday

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 01:51 AM
quattro a4 > tsx > fwd a4

pinoyhero
10-20-2003, 05:37 AM
Best thing to do would be to go and drive both cars, either that or for less you could get more car by buying my '02 TL TypeS (260 horsey baby!)

syeve
10-20-2003, 09:52 AM
I think the A4 is defn a better car, but I guess it comes down to your personal pref. Cost, stlye, reliability are all things that you should look at. Test drive both and make your decision

hjr
10-20-2003, 09:59 AM
well he already tested and liked the TSX better. So your personal preferance is the acura, you should go with that. I feel the audi with AWD would be a better option, but that is my personal preferance. Buy what you like.

rice_eater
10-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
quattro a4 &gt; tsx &gt; fwd a4

when we went to test drive one the guy told us they all come with quattro now

XoXMsAnjaliXoX
10-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Audi is 1.8 is slow too, but cheap to get some power out of it...
For winter driving Audi is the obvious choice.

Is Navi important to you? Where is the 'terrible blind spot? I think when it comes down to it I'd feel safer in an Audi, especially in the winter, I haven't seen the interior of the tsx but from what I've seen of the CL and the rest of the Acura range the materials used and the fit and finish didn't seem quite as good as the Audi.

Sounds like you prefer the TSX though, if you get good winter tires I'm sure you'll be fine, but the Audi would be better.

heres the thing...the tsx is really nice heres a link a to some pics...most of the reason i want the tsx is because its got such a nice interior and control panel and stuff take a look:
(imagine a navi too)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/419659/2

sandman
10-20-2003, 10:24 PM
if ur having such strong feelings for the tsx, do it up, most ppl hav said audi but u clearly like the tsx more, and its not like th audi is like WAY better, better, but not amazingly better....
go tsx

illeagle
10-21-2003, 08:27 AM
T S X, I drove the A4, A6, and TSX. i feel the tsx is a way better car to be with in the long run.

Hakkola
10-21-2003, 10:51 AM
TSX is no competition for the A6, unless maybe you drove the base model, and still...

Curious, what's the hp on the TSX, 200? Also, how much torque?

GTS Jeff
10-21-2003, 11:10 AM
TSX is no competition for the A6, unless maybe you drove the base model, and still...

Curious, what's the hp on the TSX, 200? Also, how much torque? 200hp/160tq

look at that lowend! this car is like an american muscle car!

roopi
10-21-2003, 11:28 AM
tsx look better. and thats what it comes down to. how you look. :D