PDA

View Full Version : System Error on Event Viewer

radioactivesago
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I keep getting this error and have no idea what it is or how to resolve it. I have spent a good hour looking into this on Google and nothing has turned up. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Every time I load XP with the internet connection on, the machine freezes. When I remove the internet(disconnecting Ethernet) and load XP, the computer doesn't freeze. If I return the internet connection after loading XP (without internet) I don't have problems as well. If I go to safe mode with networking I don't get any problems as well. The source of the errors are usually coming from DCOM and Service Control Manager with the following (BTW I have disabled system restore a long time ago, I know I shouldn't have and I learned my lesson):

DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Fips
intelppm
kl1
klbg
KLIF

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7026
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

Explanation
The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User Action
Do all of the following:

Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.

Version: 5.0
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

Explanation
The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User Action
Do all of the following:

Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
Fips
intelppm
IPSec
kl1
klbg
KLIF
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip
WS2IFSL

Zhariak
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
This could be a few different things causing this.

1) Malware on the computer - Do you have anti-virus software installed? What kind of history does your computer have in regards to being infected with malware?

2) Third party network layer drivers - If you have anti-virus software that installs a driver ontop of the main network connection on the computer (for filtering or other pruposes), theres a chance it may somehow be interfering with the system. This can also happen if you have any virtualization products installed, or network sniffers as they install virtual drivers ontop of the network drivers.

The first thing I would do, is boot up the system with the internet connection unplugged. Go into Device Manager (Right click my Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager). Locate your Network adapter on your computer, right click it, and uninstall the hardware.

Restart the computer, see if it detects the network card (you may need to provide it with a driver CD so be prepared). Let it re-install the driver and see if it clears anything up.

This is where I would start anyways...

Good luck!