PDA

View Full Version : Bad wax job

AndrewJS
04-09-2009, 01:35 AM
So my buddy was waxing his car today.. after all the work of doing the 3 step Mothers Ulitimate wax system he finished. then noticed after that hard days work that at the bottom of the door there are some spots of dirt that got waxed in.. Looking for help to fix this..

I was thinking using the Step one Cleaner that strips of old wax around that area then starting over again on those sections?

Dish soap? But I heard its really bad for the car..

Please help.. :facepalm:

rockanrepublic
04-09-2009, 01:41 AM
got any pictures?

berbatov
04-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Pictures will give us a better idea how to fix it

2EFNFAST
04-09-2009, 01:44 AM
How does dirt get "waxed in"? No idea what the 3 step process is, but I'm assuming it's some type of aggressive polish, medium polish, wax ...... if it were dirt you'd have picked it up before (or even with just the wax) and rubbed it into the paint (making swirls/scratches)....not ground it in and covered it with wax.

Sounds more like paint chips to me.

Anyways, it's the bottom of the door - who cares - as soon as you drive 1 block you'll pick up some mud/dirt/shit/etc... there anyways.

Dawn/palmolive/etc... will strip old wax btw.

realazy
04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I have no idea what you mean by waxed dirt into the paint. That just doesn't happen. If you have dirt and you wax you max get some scratches and swirl marks from you pushing the dirt around.

Test it by washing the wax off with dish soap and see if it's still there. If it's still there, it's probably in the paint.

benyl
04-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Sounds like brake dust to me, not dirt.

realazy
04-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Sounds like brake dust to me, not dirt.

Never thought of this. Benyl is probably right, it's brake dust caked to your paint.

HHURICANE1
04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Get the clay bar kit and then re-wax. It should take off most embedded dirt etc.