PDA

View Full Version : Popping joint between hip and thigh bone

radioactivesago
04-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I just started working out myself like most other people do these time of the year. I started doing the p90x(yoga x/ cardio x mostly) on my own pace.

I've recently noticed that the left joint on my hip pops after doing a knee stretch. My right side is fine (it is my strong side). There is no pain so I'm not worried right now.

But, does anyone else experience this pop on their hip joint? I'm going to see a physician but I just want to get an idea of what I'm dealing with.

pf0sh0
04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Do you stretch before working out? That should help out if you don't. But consulting a physician is also a really good idea. lol

KeepItGully
04-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Underdeveloped hip flexor muscles. No big deal, its pretty common.

Ebon
04-11-2009, 12:10 PM
i had the same problem when i started working out again. Went away pretty fast when i stayed off it a little.

I'd go with KeepItGully's answer.

radioactivesago
04-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
Do you stretch before working out? That should help out if you don't. But consulting a physician is also a really good idea. lol

I do yoga x which feels like a stretching exercise. But I haven't done the stretching part on the P90x program since I feel like yoga x covers it. Am I right?

Jonel
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Was this from the workout where you clear a stool one leg at a time?

If it is the same thing happened to me on my first few workouts (cardio x) but I took a couple days off and now it doesn't pop anymore.

~Leah~
04-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Mine always does that but I'm pretty sure I'm just double jointed in my left hip, it's pretty disgusting.