PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Analysis of the Brawn GP diffuser

rage2
04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
For those that want to understand what the fuss is about...

f5oDu6nSgBg

The 7 teams claim that you can see the suspension from the holes that feed the diffuser when looking from the bottom of the car, thus breaking the rule.

arian_ma
04-11-2009, 01:37 PM
That's sick, I thought they already approved this.

Mibz
04-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Final ruling is on Tuesday.

Inzane
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Anyone know the verdict yet?

Eleanor
04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
This is the latest I've heard:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/14/rumormill-f1-diffuser-decision-will-favor-brawn-williams-toyo/

The Cosworth
04-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Brawn said "I did explain that I felt we should have a different set of rules to simplify what needed to be done. I offered them, and they were rejected. We needed to clean the rules up, but nobody was interested. They're interested now."

wow

Canmorite
04-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Ruled in Brawn's favor.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7996698.stm

irs
04-15-2009, 08:50 AM
That is awesome.

Finally not a court room win for Ferrari!

Hmmmm this will be a really interesting year!

ryanallan
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I wonder how many teams will show up in China with revised body work...
Apparently Ferrari was testing theirs last week. And I would imagine that most teams were anticipating this decision and had already started development on new parts.

Mibz
04-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ryanallan
I wonder how many teams will show up in China with revised body work...
Apparently Ferrari was testing theirs last week. And I would imagine that most teams were anticipating this decision and had already started development on new parts. Depends on who can easily incorporate it. Red Bull is apparently going to have huge problems because of their pull-rod suspension whereas it's been reported that teams like McLaren don't need to change a whole lot with the rest of the car in order to accommodate the new diffuser.

rage2
04-15-2009, 06:22 PM
McLaren says they'll have a 80% solution in China, with a full proper one (modified rear suspension + gearbox casing) at Barcelona. McLaren has been working on 3 different solutions in parallel, with the first "80% solution" debutting this weekend.

Ferrari did straightline testing last week with some new parts (not diffuser related), and don't expect to have a Diffuser solution until June (Monaco).

Red Bull just started working on their solution. Adrian Newey is flying back to the factory to start work immediately and skipping the Chinese GP.

Renault's lawyer during the case says they have their diffuser ready for this weekend's GP. Very vague info.

Eleanor
04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
I would've expected the other teams to have been working on a new diffuser since pre-season testing began. Seems odd to wait it out till the last minute.

DJ Lazy
04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
That's good news from Mclaren... Will be nice to see is LH can challenge for podiums in a better car... Heikki, well shit, I've kinda gave up on him at Mclaren... But maybe he can make it thru the 2nd corner with these upgrades.. :rofl:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch this race live this weekend.. Fuckin work schedule!!....... I dunno, maybe I can pull an all nighter..:D

rage2
04-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Heikki, well shit, I've kinda gave up on him at Mclaren... But maybe he can make it thru the 2nd corner with these upgrades.. :rofl:
He actually made it to turn 5 the last race :).

Inzane
04-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Ferrari did straightline testing last week with some new parts (not diffuser related), and don't expect to have a Diffuser solution until June (Monaco).

Well, that sucks... :(

DJ Lazy
04-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2

He actually made it to turn 5 the last race :).

*flips on the race*..... Oh.. so he did.. haha, well maybe he can finish the first lap then.. :nut: