PDA

View Full Version : class picture???

maximus
10-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Wierdest thing I've ever seen in class today. If anyone has taken Econ 305 and knows the simplex method for solving linear optimization problems, the questions involve A LOT of work. Anyway the prof had both boards full of stuff and explaining the stuff and somone pulls out their digi cam and snaps a pic of the blackboard

:rofl:

B17a
10-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by maximus
Wierdest thing I've ever seen in class today. If anyone has taken Econ 305 and knows the simplex method for solving linear optimization problems, the questions involve A LOT of work. Anyway the prof had both boards full of stuff and explaining the stuff and somone pulls out their digi cam and snaps a pic of the blackboard

If only this technology was readily available when I took some of these classes!:thumbsup:

girlRACER
10-20-2003, 03:12 PM
What a good idea! Better than writing all of that down. hehe...although I'm not sure if I'd do that in front of everyone. What was the Prof's reaction?

D'z Nutz
10-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Fuck, I've been tempted to do that so many times, but I never did cause I didn't want to look like a weirdo.

max_boost
10-20-2003, 03:48 PM
haha
That would be funny to see, did the prof get mad?
I always thought of bringing a tape recorder to class and taping lectures. And when I go home, I'll listen to it, just to reinforce everything!

Shaolin
10-20-2003, 03:48 PM
smart man :thumbsup: farthest i've gone is take video/screen captures of important notes :D

Shaolin
10-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
haha
That would be funny to see, did the prof get mad?
I always thought of bringing a tape recorder to class and taping lectures. And when I go home, I'll listen to it, just to reinforce everything!

There's a guy in my MGIS class that did that, not sure how well he did in the course though.

thich
10-20-2003, 04:06 PM
i had engineer friends who did that...
smart stuff though for those of us who are inclined to laziness :D.

Davetronz
10-20-2003, 06:26 PM

Hahaha I do that ALL the time in Electronics with big circuit diagrams.

maximus
10-20-2003, 08:49 PM
I know you can tape the lectures but the UC rules are that you have to ask for permission.

The prof was caught off guard. He was facing the board and when he turned around they guy was putting his camara down. He just kinda looked at him funny and said "did you just take a picture of that?", paused, made a puzzeled look and continued talking. Really, what was he going to say? Everyone was like WTF, and chuckling and stuff.

I don't think that a picture is a good idea though. When your doing all those kinds of derivations and stuff I find it better to write it down and put side notes on how you got where you are. There are a lot of steps inbetween that you should know to get the stuff he writes down. I'll bet that when he trys to study that he's going to have to ask someone how he got this from this and this from that and so forth. I know it wouldn't work for me at all but if it does for him more power to him! I hope it came out good!

Maybe we should bootleg videos of lectures and sell them to people that are too lazy to go to class, hmmmmm..........
:thumbsup:

maximus
10-24-2003, 03:57 PM
UPDATE

So Wed was the midterm and today was the first class after the picture incident. Half way through class he pulls out the good ol U of C calander and starts reading the taping of lectures section. He gets kinda flustered as he's reading it and finishes with "last class someone took a picture of the work on the board....I DON'T LIKE IT and I don't want it to happen again. Now I'll calm down for a second."

Apparently anything in class and on the board and said is property of the professor. You must have permission. So I guess technically if you don't ask permission you can get in serious shit :dunno:

He was probably pissed because the guy did it when he wasn't looking and it caught him off guard. If he asked he may of let him.
I honestly didn't expect the prof to have that kinda reaction.

Davetronz
10-24-2003, 05:58 PM
UPDATE

So Wed was the midterm and today was the first class after the picture incident. Half way through class he pulls out the good ol U of C calander and starts reading the taping of lectures section. He gets kinda flustered as he's reading it and finishes with "last class someone took a picture of the work on the board....I DON'T LIKE IT and I don't want it to happen again. Now I'll calm down for a second."

Apparently anything in class and on the board and said is property of the professor. You must have permission. So I guess technically if you don't ask permission you can get in serious shit :dunno:

He was probably pissed because the guy did it when he wasn't looking and it caught him off guard. If he asked he may of let him.
I honestly didn't expect the prof to have that kinda reaction.
Those U of C profs are dickheads.
When I do the picture trick the intructors either laugh, call me lazy or try to get into the picture and do something entertaining.

Melinda
10-25-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

Hahaha I do that ALL the time in Electronics with big circuit diagrams.
It's true, he sends me the pictures all the time to prove it :rofl: I dunno why you do though Dave, don't you teach most of the classes anyways? :D

Davetronz
10-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

It's true, he sends me the pictures all the time to prove it :rofl: I dunno why you do though Dave, don't you teach most of the classes anyways? :D
Most of them are getting to the point where its becoming to me over my head now.
I am into the actual "learning" stage...