PDA

View Full Version : Wondering how many project cars are equipped with ac?

megafandrew
04-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Alright Im just wondering for the members that have/have had/or are building a project car, how many of you have ac equipped project cars or did you remove it or did the vehicle never have any? If you don't want to comment thats ok mabey just throw in a quick vote in my poll. In my other thread I kind of discussed this with keeping my civic hatch for a project or not but now I am directly asking about this part of such a project. \Thanks for your votes ;)

FLARE
04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
There should be a "I don't have ac, but want it" category. Thats what I would vote.

v2kai
04-12-2009, 10:12 PM
i'm putting ac in my civic when i do my engine swap so ^ x2

Travel_Dude
04-12-2009, 10:12 PM
I removed A/C and ABS for my swap.

ercchry
04-12-2009, 10:15 PM
i have windows and a sunroof, they do the trick, car HAD ac... dunno if it still does, if i do it needs a recharge

megafandrew
04-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by v2kai
i'm putting ac in my civic when i do my engine swap so ^ x2

I'm kind of in the same boat as you guy's, I want to throw in a b18c type r motor into my 94 cx hatch but it has no ac, I may leave ac out though and just focus on how quick of civic I can make it, I plan to stay NA obviously as well, and ercchry has the right idea in this situation lol. Thanks for the votes welcome to put in more votes and if you want to ad ac say that here, seems like it may be a possible plan for me as well then

Alak
04-13-2009, 12:30 AM
I'll never go without A/C again where possible. I mean, if the car never came with it, I wont bother. But if its in there and not working, its one of the first things to be fixed. Im the kinda guy that likes everything to work in my car. If its there, Its gotta work or it just bugs the crap out of me.

95EagleAWD
04-13-2009, 12:35 AM
No matter how badass my car gets, it will always have A/C. If I want to drive to Vegas in the summer, then I can do it.

megafandrew
04-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
No matter how badass my car gets, it will always have A/C. If I want to drive to Vegas in the summer, then I can do it.

see this is how I look at it, if I want to drive it somewhere far or just enjoy a day out I would like to be comfortable. Ive driven the car threw 2 summers and it is definitely tough on some days lol

RZRSHARP_SVX
04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I had A/c in my car before I put in the motor and I wanted less clutter, weigh and powerloss through that system. air still works but why would you want it when you can roll down the windows. thats what I have done all the time with my car.

Jason Lange
04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
I have had too many project cars that I ditched the A/C and regretted it. I will always leave it in there from now on, unless I build a track only car. Gotta be comfy on those long cruises.

megafandrew
04-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Jason Lange
I have had too many project cars that I ditched the A/C and regretted it. I will always leave it in there from now on, unless I build a track only car. Gotta be comfy on those long cruises.

thats really how im looking at it, I had a 180sx last year with the sr20det and etc. and it had ac, it was the funnest project car I have had because even with ac on it still had alot of kick, I used to just turn it on periodically to cool off the car then off to have that little extra performance. Im thinking I will either do the swap then go threw the trouble to install factory ac setup, or just sell the car (its a great little winter car) and buy something else. |I just bought my dad's 99 hyundai sonata for $500 it has ac lol. And is pretty much rebuilt besides motor work, man that thing was damn trouble before, my dad just wanted it gone he was gonna give it to his brother for free lol. |So now I just need a project/summer car

jdmSiR
04-13-2009, 10:26 PM
AC FTW

jdm_eg6
04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Depends on your car, and its purpose.

i had a 94 EG hatch, built to destroy corners and was zippy as nothing. AC didnt matter, i didnt want it, and didnt care for it.

now i have a 1998 Teg with a bunch of bells and whistles, im focusing on a good cruising vehicle with style so AC it is, and power steering.

so what im trying to say is if you building a track/fun road car to zip around in PS delete and AC delete. But if your looking for something to hit the road with and enjoy some cruises and daily comfort leave it be.