PDA

View Full Version : LF Luxury SUV Rental in Calgary

Strider
04-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Looking to rent an Escalade or Navigator for a weekend, but the only place I found that rents them (Alamo) doesn't have any available for the dates that I need. I've tried phoning about 8 different places in Calgary including Budget, Enterprise, Avis, Thrifty, Discount but can't find one...

Any other places that rent these?

Thanks in advance.

dino_martini
04-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Try Hertz. From what I've seen they always have nice-ish vehicles on hand. Escalades, Navigators, Volvos. Might have to go up to the airport to pick up one of the prestige class vehicles.

bokchoy
04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Contact Larry Reid at Executive Car Rentals, 403-686-6266.

Strider
04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Try Hertz. From what I've seen they always have nice-ish vehicles on hand. Escalades, Navigators, Volvos. Might have to go up to the airport to pick up one of the prestige class vehicles.

Originally posted by bokchoy
Contact Larry Reid at Executive Car Rentals, 403-686-6266.

Thanks guys.

Tried Hertz... they seem to only have Jeeps and equivalent.

I've been trying to call Executive Cars Inc for the last 3 days, but they won't pick up the phone or return voicemails...

Any other ideas??

ExtraSlow
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Budget gave me a navigator about a year ago. I was pissed off, those low profile tires have shit traction.

But from what I recall, they don't garantee the vehcile, just the classification, so you can't tell if it'll be a navigator, or a suburban or what.

Zhariak
04-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Be carefull with the luxory rentals. Every time I goto Vancouver or any of those cities and want something comparable to what I drive, if you talk to the luxory rental places they want a kabillion dollar deposit, and some whakced out insurance policy...

Best thing todo is find a normal rental place that has an Escalade or Navigator... Theres not bull deposit or anything, and its just like renting any other vehicle... No insurance crap either...

Graham_A_M
04-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

But from what I recall, they don't garantee the vehcile, just the classification, so you can't tell if it'll be a navigator, or a suburban or what.

Thats fucking retarded. :nut:

Try Driving force. They sometimes have some high end vehicles you can rent.

ExtraSlow
04-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Just as an update, I drove past the Downtown budget location last night, and they had a Navigator out front, so they still do rent those. Maybe just walk up to the desk as ask.

Zhariak
04-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Just as an update, I drove past the Downtown budget location last night, and they had a Navigator out front, so they still do rent those. Maybe just walk up to the desk as ask.

Do it quick before someone else takes it. Everywhere I go they tell me they have escalades and other high-end vehicles, but as soon as they get returned they get rented out again.

Once while mine was in the shop I was fortunate enough to get an escalade. Literally it just got dropped off and I think someone called and asked about it on the phone right as it got signed out to me.

Strider
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by Zhariak

Do it quick before someone else takes it. Everywhere I go they tell me they have escalades and other high-end vehicles, but as soon as they get returned they get rented out again.

Once while mine was in the shop I was fortunate enough to get an escalade. Literally it just got dropped off and I think someone called and asked about it on the phone right as it got signed out to me.

Thanks... I checked with downtown Budget the same day, and it was already gone by the time i got down there. I asked if I could reserve it for a w/e in May, but they said that I can't make a reservation on it, since their system no longer has Large/Luxury class SUVs.

It's starting to sound like none of the rental places take reservations on them, but there's a few floating around.

Now I just need Beyond's eyes and ears open so I can make a list of all the places to check out on the day that I need it.

Neil4Speed
04-22-2009, 10:59 PM
You know, if your really in a bind, this might be an idea.

Talk to a dealership which sells used Escalades/Navigators and see if they would let you rent one for a few days for X amount.

Crazier things have happened.

bigpower
04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
go to a cadillac dealership and put a deposit on your CC for a weekend test drive.

Has happened.. especially with the hurting economy.