PDA

View Full Version : Autocorrect for your ---> you're

Dumbass17
04-13-2009, 07:28 AM
i think that beyond may need to install some sort of auto-correction feature for changing "your" to "you're". It seems that about 7/10 beyonders cannot correctly identify when to use this grade 3 tool correctly. thanks:nut: :dunno:

EK 2.0
04-13-2009, 08:32 AM
I think your wrong. 7/10 beyonders?? Please check you're facts before posting.

Moezer
04-13-2009, 08:53 AM
lol, its just how people got use to typing its like saying "you" as
in "u", or "r" as in "are" lol makes txt msging faster lol

em2ab
04-13-2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.danmaher.com/images/your.jpg

D'z Nutz
04-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Ooooh, I see what your doing there...

Originally posted by Moezer

You should be the last person involved in any conversation pertaining to grammar.

A790
04-13-2009, 09:46 AM
What if someone wants to use your in its possessive sense? Autocorrect just won't work, though I like your spirit. Keep on truckin'!

iceburns288
04-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Can we have that Google drunk email math thing before you post? Not to keep people from posting drunk, we should put it on 24/7 and use it to keep stupid people from posting.

Dave P
04-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Who really cares? It is a internet forum

http://morningglory2.files.wordpress.com/2006/04/grammarpolice.jpg
Check your badge at the door, son.

em2ab
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
Who really cares? It is a internet forum

http://morningglory2.files.wordpress.com/2006/04/grammarpolice.jpg
Check your badge at the door, son.
The people that I would normally help but skip over their posts because I can't read them. See signature.

powerslave
04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
i think that beyond may need to install some sort of auto-correction feature for changing "your" to "you're". It seems that about 7/10 beyonders cannot correctly identify when to use this grade 3 tool correctly. thanks:nut: :dunno:

Your right Dumbass17, the forum really needs this auto-correction feature.

max_boost
04-13-2009, 12:22 PM
dat is the worses idea ive red in an long tyme. :thumbsdow

pinoyhero
04-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

LOL, WINNER!

Aleks
04-13-2009, 12:28 PM

7/10 beyonders are FOBs so that may have something to do with it :dunno:

alloroc
04-13-2009, 01:58 PM

We may consider you serious if you made the following corrections to your own grammar and spelling:

Change i to I.

Delete one of the 'correctly' terms in the second to last sentence using it twice causes a redundant term.

"you're". ' should be "your're." punctuation should be enclosed in quotations.

Change thanks to Thanks the first word after a sentence needs to be capitalized.

Have a nice day.

sen.say.shun
04-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Why dont you just read every single post in every single forum, then correct the spelling mistakes and feel better about yourself.

Or you could just see a shrink and ask him why you worry about such a small and insignificant issue on the internet.

It's a public forum buddy. Find something better to worry about.

The_Rural_Juror
04-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

7/10 beyonders are FOBs so that may have something to do with it :dunno:

The other 3/10 beyonders are raciest!:D

em2ab
04-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by sen.say.shun

Why dont you just read every single post in every single forum, then correct the spelling mistakes and feel better about yourself.

Or you could just see a shrink and ask him why you worry about such a small and insignificant issue on the internet.

It's a public forum buddy. Find something better to worry about.
It has to do with how you read literature. Those that say they don't care and it's not a big issue are people whom read the word and interpret its meaning from its context. This is predominately because these types of people have poor spelling and grammar skills themselves and cannot recognize the difference.
Then there are those of us that have basic spelling and grammar skills and determine a word's meaning from how it's spelled. We read "your" when it should be "you're" and we're genuinely confused for a second. We stop our place in the paragraph, focus on it for a second, re-read the sentence again and finally understand it's a spelling mistake. This is long and monotonous and I'd rather just skip over the post.

So saying it's not a big issue might be okay for you but some people interpret literature differently from you and need to be accommodated. Since we can't all bring our grammar down to a grade 3 level, the basic standard should be for you to raise yours to at least a high school equivalent.

sen.say.shun
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

It has to do with how you read literature. Those that say they don't care and it's not a big issue are people whom read the word and interpret its meaning from its context. This is predominately because these types of people have poor spelling and grammar skills themselves and cannot recognize the difference.
Then there are those of us that have basic spelling and grammar skills and determine a word's meaning from how it's spelled. We read "your" when it should be "you're" and we're genuinely confused for a second. We stop our place in the paragraph, focus on it for a second, re-read the sentence again and finally understand it's a spelling mistake. This is long and monotonous and I'd rather just skip over the post.

So saying it's not a big issue might be okay for you but some people interpret literature differently from you and need to be accommodated. Since we can't all bring our grammar down to a grade 3 level, the basic standard should be for you to raise yours to at least a high school equivalent.

Then maybe you should tell dumbass17 to go back to grade 1 and learn how to capitalize!

How am I supposed to know where the sentence begins?? OMG I'm so confused!!

Canmorite
04-13-2009, 05:21 PM
They're seems to be a problem with those kinda words, happening over their and even in this thread...some people, there retarded!

max_boost
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
You guys need to chill out. I don't want you to loose your mind over something like this!!! :D

ZorroAMG
04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Your a chill guy, max. You dew us all prowd.

Eleanor
04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
You guys need to chill out. I don't want you to loose your mind over something like this!!! :D Is it okay if I lose my mind over your incorrect usage of the word "loose"? ;)

badatusrnames
04-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Moezer

And you clearly text message far too much, if your grammar performance so far on the forum is any indication...

Ukyo8
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
your retarded

Dumbass17
04-13-2009, 10:14 PM
lol
i believe i can't people actually replied in that this one thread. I figured it would just be gone done ignored.
Oh well, i guess i's being the one who is fool then I am, ah ha ah ah.

rumeo
04-14-2009, 12:55 AM
we might as well create an auto correct for there,their and they're while we're at it

max_boost
04-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Have the mods issue a warning to those who consistently brake the grammar rule. 3 strikes and your out! ;)

ZorroAMG
04-14-2009, 02:03 AM
wear do you think the mods will find the thyme?

The_Rural_Juror
04-14-2009, 07:14 AM
^ In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (headbang)

Spoons
04-16-2009, 07:06 PM
If you design a program that can actually do this and tell what the person is typing and if your or you're should be used or not I will retract this statement:

You sir are a fucking moron.

SR240SX
04-16-2009, 07:19 PM
OP tried to get on the bandwagon and it backfired.

:nut: