PDA

View Full Version : Broken Security install from Futureshop

TacoMexicano
04-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Easter Sunday. Wake up at 7:30am to head out and purchase some gear from a fellow beyond member, walk outside and the horror!

The passenger door on my car was slightly ajar, everything in the car is strewn everywhere, all the compartments are open, and the back seats are folded down, revealing that my audio equipment, MTX's subs and amp, are gone!

I'm sure that this situtation happens all the time, as well as to people here on this forum. However, I was confused as to how they got in? I locked both doors, and armed my alarm the night before....

Upon further investigation, it becomes clear that the Viper alarm system I purchased and got installed at futureshop was installed without the passenger door being rigged to set off the alarm. Now, I payed to have the customer door be installed as part of the alarm setup, and... they never did.

So I'm wondering if I am able to hold futureshop partially liable for this? I mean, I payed for an alarm, which they never properly installed, yet claimed that they did. The confusion!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Taco

BlackArcher101
04-13-2009, 03:04 PM
When did you get the alarm installed?

Could they have left it disabled on purpose and left themselves a possible way to break in to your car at a later date without setting it off?

ShermanEF9
04-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
When did you get the alarm installed?

Could they have left it disabled on purpose and left themselves a possible way to break in to your car at a later date without setting it off?

That wouldn't Surprise me. IMO when you get installs done on your car, REMOVE ANYTHING VALUABLE. don't trust anyone these days.

Sucks ass about your stuff though man.

TacoMexicano
04-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if thats what they did. And yeah, it does suck. Little tough to remove my stuff when they did the install on the security as well as the subs and such. Install was a little less than a year ago. So I'm gonna see what futureshop can do for me, I dunno. I can accept the fact that its gone ya, but a part of me wants SOMETHING out of this situation

revelations
04-13-2009, 03:45 PM
You cannot hold FS liable as there is no way to prove that the thief wouldve been warned away with an extra trigger alert.

You can go back and ask them to check their shit if they alarm was supposed to be a complete install.

Kloubek
04-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Not only that, but by all rights you could (and probably should) have tested everything yourself to make sure it was to your satisfaction....

Sorry to hear that though man - that blows.

NATE0513
04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
take it to an independent dealer to find out if the passenger door trigger was done. Take pictures of the work and ask the dealer to document it was not done.

take it to the store manager at future shop and say that they never did the work that was supposed to be done and due to that you are now out whatever was stolen.

see what that does for you.

IRL
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
You dont have a case again future shop or another install place. Going by your profile, you have a '93 civic....which means the door triggers for your alarm run off the same wire in your car, the dome light. In older hondas the door pin which sets off the dome light (and in turn sets off your alarm) tend to stop working, some work after a little wd40, others need to be replaced completely.

The only part that I do hold against Future Shop...is that they should have informed you the passenger door pin was not fuctional. Did they not test the system with you after the install?

chkolny541
04-14-2009, 12:59 AM
there should have been a test performed, i would get it checked by another company as earlier posted, i hope you have some sort of a case to get SOMETHING back from them