PDA

View Full Version : LF: Class 1 Driver Wanting Work..

westbeach70
04-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Good day all.. Hey just wondering if anyone knows of someone looking for a Class 1 driver with experience..

I am from Medicine Hat but will do whatever it takes to get a job as soon as possible to make my payments before I end up loosing everything I own. I am 30 yrs of age & do have like I said experience but cannot cross the border due to Gov't issues being Maintainance Enforcement...

If anyone can throw in a word or has a opening please give me a shout... Ya can reach me at 403 977 4746 or else email me at [email protected]...

Thanks & All the best to everyone...

Chris

Graham_A_M
04-13-2009, 09:55 PM
HEy Chris I'll do some searching and try to find something. I think I know of a few companies looking for class 1 work. Did you check out www.indeed.ca? I saw lots of Class 1 type jobs there.

Did you follow up on that lead I gave you for that Materials handler position?

westbeach70
04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Looked and yeah ... Will wait for your reply in the am...

Rat Fink
04-14-2009, 10:24 AM

westbeach70
04-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah dude I just came from Canadian Sub Surface here in town till they layed me off along with others... No wireline jobs are to be found ANYWHERE.. and now they tell me yeah your the next call back we do when it picks up ... But who knows when that will happen ...

I did apply for a pardon but unsure weather I wanna do long haul down south, might not come back... hahaha...

I will check that site & thank you for the heads up. But I did get a call today from good ol Timmies ... A job is a job right now i guess ... :banghead:

Rat Fink
04-14-2009, 09:14 PM

westbeach70
04-15-2009, 01:20 AM
yeah been looking for the pepsi co website for careers and all i find is this annoying click the pop cooler to see cool tricks bs... Arrrgghh!!

Other then that yeah I would be game to do the frito lay thing too but where would I begin to look cripes I would even drive there to give em my resume tomorrow need be...

Thanks..
Chris
403 977 4746
[email protected]

trevh
04-15-2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.pbgjobs.com/

Graham_A_M
04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I saw this ad in todays herald

FT driver needed for city & out of town
Fax resume and abstract to 403-296-1649 email at [email protected]

westbeach70
04-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks Gray.. Emailed them my resume & will see where it takes me.. Got a phone call from Tim Hortons too.. 10:15 tomorrow have an interview.. Wow.. Cannot believe a class 1 driver with LCV training has to work for 9.00 an hr at timmies.. What is this world coming to...

theken
04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
You do not want to drive for Pepsi. It is not a sweet job. Its extremely hard on your back and body. Taking shit up and down stairs. And if you are in calgary you will start nights could be for a year

westbeach70
04-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Nah dude I am down here in Medicine Hat.. And believe me I am good to go on the haulin pop and merchin coolers etc... Anything is better then nothing right now...

Graham_A_M
04-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by westbeach70
Thanks Gray.. Emailed them my resume & will see where it takes me.. Got a phone call from Tim Hortons too.. 10:15 tomorrow have an interview.. Wow.. Cannot believe a class 1 driver with LCV training has to work for 9.00 an hr at timmies.. What is this world coming to...
Its just until you find something better man, I'm on the same boat trust me.

I went from making things (in the company I work for) for the Military, several aeronautical companies and other big ticket firms to doing landscaping until the economy gets back on its feet. :nut:

Never thought this would happen, but.... Im just doing it to pay the bills until things change for the better. :thumbsdow

westbeach70
04-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah dudes its kinda crazy out there ... Hope everything works out for ya, and things start to pickup... We can only hope...

Rat Fink
04-16-2009, 01:59 AM

Graham_A_M
04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey Chris, I saw this on the back of an 18 wheeler. Apparently they're hiring class 1 drivers and warehouse staff.
Call Denis (dont quote me on that, it was dirty and hard to read)
at (403) 720-5800

Not too sure where in So. Alberta that is, it may be Calgary but who knows..

There may be a parts delivery job here that I'lll post up around noon today. Its local in Calgarys SE, Delivering parts for a transmission company... so more or less pick up and drop off type work, $14/hr.... I'll update this when I know more.

chkolny541
04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by westbeach70

are yout alking about a timmy's coffee shop, or the TDL group?

i beleive that TDL is looking for drivers, its not bad work, i think like 18+/hr for drivers. I worked there last summer, great management.

westbeach70
04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
yeah dude... working actually baking in the back room.. That lasted about ... 4 hrs ... Definitly not my thing.. and anyone who does work retail at tims props to you ....