PDA

View Full Version : Good shoe stores in Calgary

Little Dragon
04-13-2009, 09:38 PM
So I'm in the market for some new shoes.
Been looking around and almost all the shoe stores I've gone to have got the same thing over and over. (sportchek, footlocker, browns, etc.)

Haven't really seen anything that has caught my eye.

So does anyone recommend any shoe stores in calgary?
I'm pretty open minded for shoes right now, it just needs to look nice, be comfortable, and light.

Post pics of shoes you'd reccommend.
I don't wear basketball shoes or the ones that go up past your ankles though.

I was thinking about getting some Puma Mostros but I can't find the Perf edition anywhere or in my size. I've tried them on before and just loved them.
Anyone know where I can get these in Calgary?

Let me know!
Thanks.

badatusrnames
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Have you tried online? I've found that if you shop at the mall locally, everyone seems to end up having the same shoes that you thought were unique at the store...

Zappos.com isn't bad...

nonlinear
04-13-2009, 09:43 PM
more information required.

what kind of shoes are you looking for?

athletic shoes, casual shoes, walking shoes, etc. etc.

i personally like 'comfort' shoes like clarks and ecco.

cam_wmh
04-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Goodfoot.
Gravity Pope.

Little Dragon
04-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Have you tried online? I've found that if you shop at the mall locally, everyone seems to end up having the same shoes that you thought were unique at the store...

Zappos.com isn't bad...

Haven't tried online yet, as some shoes fit smaller/bigger than others and look differently than in pics.
I like to see/touch before I purchase ;)

Originally posted by nonlinear
more information required.

what kind of shoes are you looking for?

athletic shoes, casual shoes, walking shoes, etc. etc.

i personally like 'comfort' shoes like clarks and ecco.

Athletic shoes, but not trainers or anything like that.
Fashionable athletic shoes :)

GenerationX
04-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
Goodfoot.
Gravity Pope.
+1 for Goodfoot

nonlinear
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
have you tried gravity pope? they have a lot of neat/rare/imported shoes.

http://www.gravitypope.com/

on their site you can look at all their shoes. they have some neat pumas and some pretty dope adidas.

Little Dragon
04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
have you tried gravity pope? they have a lot of neat/rare/imported shoes.

http://www.gravitypope.com/

Nope.
Checking them and Goodfoot out right now.

godlovestofu
04-13-2009, 09:54 PM
the g pope in calgary sucks

nonlinear
04-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by godlovestofu
the g pope in calgary sucks

thanks for your constructive comments - a definite contribution to the thread :rolleyes:.

cityhunter2501
04-13-2009, 10:38 PM
a little op...but best online site to buy AF1?

msommers
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Are you looking for something like this:

http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/shopimages/products/normal/00096%20awo8%20pics%20004%20112_thumb.jpg

Little Dragon
04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Are you looking for something like this:

http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/shopimages/products/normal/00096%20awo8%20pics%20004%20112_thumb.jpg

Sure, those look comfy :)

EK 2.0
04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501

a little op...but best online site to buy AF1?

pickyourshoes.com or sneakerhead.com

msommers
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Little Dragon

Sure, those look comfy :)

Those ones specifically are called Lacoste Zepher 2 Mesh Trainers.

Hard to really lead you in a clear direction, there are a ton of shoes that look like that or similar. Not sure exactly what you'd classify that as, casual trainer??

godlovestofu
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM

thanks for your constructive comments - a definite contribution to the thread :rolleyes:.

now he knows to avoid the place
at least my post was on topic

LongCity
04-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
Goodfoot.
Gravity Pope.

-1 Goodfoot.

Kardon
04-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Goodfoot, and perhaps the source. Online is the way to go though. Pickyourshoes.com, footalog.com, solestop.com

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
The store right beside underground in market mall is brand new and had good selection, the prices were a bit high though

narou
04-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Try the same brand on in a store to compare size with what you are looking at online and then order.

JordanEG6
04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Goodfoot sucks. And I, myself, am a fiend for sneakers. Weak selection and service. And I haven't seen the Pumas in there you're looking for. I'm not even sure if GF has a Puma account. Like mentioned, try Gravity Pope. But if all else fails, online is your best bet. Try canadian based online stores or even make a trip to Edmonton, they have better stores.

Hustla8484
04-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Red wing shoes!! best work boots! and cheap carhartt clothing

EK 2.0
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Goodfoot sucks. And I, myself, am a fiend for sneakers. Weak selection and service. And I haven't seen the Pumas in there you're looking for. I'm not even sure if GF has a Puma account. Like mentioned, try Gravity Pope. But if all else fails, online is your best bet. Try canadian based online stores or even make a trip to Edmonton, they have better stores.

You dislike GF because of the lack of Jordan Brand haha....

I HEART GF...but yes, there are better places out there even for my AF1 fetish...

rgr
04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
-1 goodfoot

jaylo
04-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Size 10 and size 11 left on Womens. Might fit you

http://www.groovyshoes.ca/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=3176

toyboy88
04-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
The store right beside underground in market mall is brand new and had good selection, the prices were a bit high though

That would be Town Shoes.

Little Dragon
04-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
Size 10 and size 11 left on Womens. Might fit you

http://www.groovyshoes.ca/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=3176

Oh nice!!
But what size in men's are size 10/11 womens?

hmmmm, might be a little tight?

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
04-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

That would be Town Shoes.

I knew that... :guns:

LongCity
04-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Agreed. Their service is abysmal; they just stand around like dicks. They don't to give you a hand but when you ask for a shoe, they get it, drop it off, and go back to the computer, and talk to the buddies. The last I heard, they were being shafted by Nike. I noticed that The Source was getting all the new Nike releases. These guy need to take a lesson in customer service from the guys at Group 7. Maybe they'll sell more shoes and Nike will start sending stuff to them regularly.

Fusion
04-14-2009, 10:39 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/Darkside_69/Picture324.jpg

My new Lacoste

JordanEG6
04-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

You dislike GF because of the lack of Jordan Brand haha....

I HEART GF...but yes, there are better places out there even for my AF1 fetish...

Haha the lack of doesn't bother me because of the fact that not one of my pairs in my collection come from GF. They don't deserve my business ;) I have a bone to pick with their shitty service, elitist attitude, and hypebeast-ism. And agreed, there ARE better places for your classics.

As for their Nike account, why offer SBs when you have the Source who has the biggest SB account in Canada for better prices/wider selection and better service. I also heard they pulled an Undefeated and released a bunch of J's early and got their JB account suspended.

IMO, As much as I hate to say it, Edmonton wins in the sport culture in Alberta.

RY213
04-14-2009, 11:56 PM
There is a new shoe store in south center mall called kixx or something like that. They have a anall selection but have nice shoes and brands you don't see elsewhere. Definitely worth checking out...

Chester
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Lacoste shoes are garbage, stay away from them, they all fall apart. Ask me how I know.

Impreza
04-15-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm looking for some Nike Air Morgan's (ACG) for some light hiking.. any leads?