PDA

View Full Version : Any advice would be appreciated

wronglyaccused
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
...I was recently issued a careless driving ticket because a driver called in that there was a motorcycle driving carelessly on the highway...weaving in and out of traffic, passing on the shoulder....and there was but it wasnt me....I ride a sportbike and sometimes do drive faster than the posted limit...but by know means do i drive carelessly and on this occasion was pulled over while i was doing 10Km less than the posted limit....i was riding with a friend and there was another rider in the same area....he was driving carelessly with no regard for anyone and this was obvious because he didnt even have a plate on his bike....he passed another driver on the shoulder and he called it in to the sheriffs....so when myself and my buddy got pulled over .....this guy literally pulled in between two cop cars and took off....knowing i had not done anything wrong i cooperated with the officers....they persued the other rider who took off....so basically this guy was riding like an idiot and because my buddy and i were also on bikes they paited us with the same brush ....the guy who called it in said i was part of the mayhem....which I wasnt. So this guys rides....pisses other drivers off...gets all bikes pulled over and questioned and he takes off without a care in the world...now i a stuck with a 400.00 ticket for careless driving ...and could potential face increased insurance or even loss of my license because of another rider i dont even know...Does anyone know of any other cases like this or have any advice? I realize this isnt a riders forum but am trying to find as much information as I can. Thanks for reading.

Kloubek
04-14-2009, 02:52 PM
State your case to the crown and get witnesses. :dunno:

Eleanor
04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
:werd:

And learn how to use proper punctuation.

CUG
04-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Get a lawyer and make sure the WHOLE thing gets thrown out. Don't even admit to speeding 5km/h over.

So that's:

-NO TICKET AT ALL

-Reimbursement from the issuing department for fees incurred.

Quit it with this "sometimes I break the law" shit. No you don't, and fuck them for thinking you do.

94boosted
04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
This one shouldn't be too hard to get out of because the police officer didn't catch you red handed and there is no hard evidence to say you were riding like this. Maybe try one of the ticket fighting places like Points.