PDA

View Full Version : Almost hit a crazy speed trap cop

Rat Fink
04-14-2009, 09:34 PM

torob
04-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I've actually seen this alot, not with semis but normal cars, cops get excited and jump in front of the cars. Saw this one driver get out from his car and scream at the cop for a couple of minutes.

PureDeXteritY
04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Good thing you didn't hit him, but legally what would happen if you couldn't avoid him and struck the cop?

Hakkola
04-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by PureDeXteritY
Good thing you didn't hit him, but legally what would happen if you couldn't avoid him and struck the cop?

Nothing would happen to the OP.

Nismorphed
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
What a dumbass. Didnt they learn at an early age that running in the streets is a bad idea??

Hash_man
04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
I swear if more people just starting plowing down cops who do this we wouldnt have such a problem with ticketing.... jk jk.

I had something similar happen a while back, i almost smoked a cop on elbow, he then stopped my friend and gave him a ticket lol.

I don't speed exessively and even going the speed limit, I don;'t know what some of these cops are thinking, they just bolt out into the road thinking that a car which they know is speeding is going to stop, and they don't pay attention to other cars on the road at the same time.

TheCheff
04-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah they are always on highway 2 heading south towards okotoks doing a speed trap but the thing is to be pulled over for speeding there u have to be doing 120ish and they just jump right out into the lane of traffic(left lane)...Its definitely a bit reckless and could have major consequences if one person is not paying attention.

Moezer
04-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Jumping and waving your hands, to the cops thats a sign to halt on ur breaks and stop on a dime no matter how fast you are going. THE LAW ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY XD thats what they said on TV yesturday

PGTze
04-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Moezer
Jumping and waving your hands, to the cops thats a sign to halt on ur breaks and stop on a dime no matter how fast you are going. THE LAW ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY XD thats what they said on TV yesturday

TV is never wrong.

Working a speed trap has got to be the worst part of being a cop. Dealing with pissed off motorists all day, doing paperwork and having to jump out in front of traffic. I'd be flagging cars down from the side of the road, that shit is crazy.

Moezer
04-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by PGTze

TV is never wrong.

Working a speed trap has got to be the worst part of being a cop. Dealing with pissed off motorists all day, doing paperwork and having to jump out in front of traffic. I'd be flagging cars down from the side of the road, that shit is crazy.

But still i wouldn't risk my life to give a $300 ticket, just to say that i did my job to day. The first time i saw cops running in to the road with a damn star wars light sword and a flashy red jacket, was beside jack james last summer and a car almost hit him, the cop had to move to the side more and stoped the other lane just so he dont get hit and then yelled at the guy to go to the right and he sure as hell was pissed, the cop i mean, and im sure so was the driver but still. They play chicken and most of the time they win:werd:

scat19
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM

But still i wouldnt rist my life to give a $300 tickit just to say that i did my job to day. The first time i see cops running in to the road with a damn star wars light sword and a flashy red jacket, was beside jack james last summer and a car almost hit him, the cop had to move to the side more and stoped the other lane just so he dont get hit and then yelled at the guy to go to the right and he sure as hell was pissed, the cop i mean, and im sure so was the driver but still. They play chicken and most of the time they win:werd:

:english:

Moezer
04-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by scat19

stay on topic ass wipe

chkolny541
04-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by torob
Saw this one driver get out from his car and scream at the cop for a couple of minutes.
no you didnt.

911fever
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM

oh shush

beyond_ban
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by 911fever

oh shush

I prefer english too.. :dunno:

Moezer
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

I prefer english too.. :dunno:
learn to read better :D

atgilchrist
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM

stay on topic ass wipe

It's well documented that Moezer has the worst grammar that has ever been seen on Beyond.

Originally posted by chkolny541

no you didnt.

My Grandpa did this one time! Crazy old man, RIP.

civiclvr
04-15-2009, 02:35 PM

learn to read better :D

No, I think scat19 has a point.
Punctuation and spelling in that huge run on sentence made reading and comprehension impossible. I, like most, gave up after reading it twice.
Also, who is Jack James. From your post I feel like I should know him or something.

rumeo
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by civiclvr

No, I think scat19 has a point.
Punctuation and spelling in that huge run on sentence made reading and comprehension impossible. I, like most, gave up after reading it twice.
Also, who is Jack James. From your post I feel like I should know him or something.

Jack James is a school in the SE

Kloubek
04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I had one incident when living in Kamloops. I'm driving on the highway - going somewhere close to the speed limit when I see a motorcycle cop on the shoulder on my side. No big deal - I don't slow down or anything. Well, I guess he spots a vehicle travelling in the other direction that might have been speeding (I saw no radar tripod), or was suspicious, or whatever. Without looking back, he drives right onto the road to do a U-turn literally right in front of me.

I had to slam on the brakes and swerve onto the shoulder he just came from, nearly hitting the concrete barrier in the process and probably balding my tires in spots... I had to totally perform evasive actions to keep from turning him into roadkill.

I looked back in my mirror, and the cop didn't slow, wave, or anything... he just drove away. If *I* did that in front of a cop, you can rest assured I would have been charged with dangerous driving or something. But because he is wearing a badge, I guess he's entitled to do whatever dumbass thing he pleases...

civiclvr
04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
ah.. that clears that up. thanks

I was under the impression that some dude was riding along with Moezer

w_man
04-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I had one incident when living in Kamloops. I'm driving on the highway - going somewhere close to the speed limit when I see a motorcycle cop on the shoulder on my side. No big deal - I don't slow down or anything. Well, I guess he spots a vehicle travelling in the other direction that might have been speeding (I saw no radar tripod), or was suspicious, or whatever. Without looking back, he drives right onto the road to do a U-turn literally right in front of me.

I had to slam on the brakes and swerve onto the shoulder he just came from, nearly hitting the concrete barrier in the process and probably balding my tires in spots... I had to totally perform evasive actions to keep from turning him into roadkill.

I looked back in my mirror, and the cop didn't slow, wave, or anything... he just drove away. If *I* did that in front of a cop, you can rest assured I would have been charged with dangerous driving or something. But because he is wearing a badge, I guess he's entitled to do whatever dumbass thing he pleases...

fuck the po po