PDA

View Full Version : Need help for creating a wieght loss program for a young(er) mom.

Graham_A_M
04-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, first off thanks for taking the time to read this and potentially offering any help or insight.

Basically: a very close friend out east is looking to get back in shape after giving birth recently to a beautiful girl. Shes' 22, on a (low) budget, however she has the merit of having quite a bit of extra time due to maternity leave.

Just looking for any links or tutorials for getting back in shape towards effective dieting & work out regimens.
I have my own regimen that I use for my own fitness, but being a guy in his mid twenties, I'm lacking any practical and realistic know how for her to get back in shape.

I suggested Herbal Magic but it doesn't fit well with her for a multitude of reasons (Long story, not worth getting into, but mainly due to money). Too bad as I've seen the results first hand and it seems to be a remarkibly effective program. :(

Anyway. Fire away with the suggestions. HUGE thanks in advance as this is very important to her.
She already walks for a few hours a day, everyday.
her "Pedometer" (God I hate that name, not hard to figure out why :rolleyes: ) count is at 13,000 steps a day, everyday... but what else would work towards losing wieght and getting into tip top shape again?

kutt3r
04-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Have her try www.sparkpeople.com

There is diet and fitness on there, it is some of the better software out there for free. Lots of support too if it is needed.. a little to positive and happy for my taste.. but I am a bitter angry person.

:thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
04-15-2009, 07:06 AM
22 yo MILF want's to work out? I'm in.

Graham_A_M
04-15-2009, 12:41 PM
^ if you only knew the reasons for it too.:rofl:
:angel:

~Leah~
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
www.belliesbabiesandbeyond.ca

She can meet other Mom's and it's a great way to keep baby involved too! She can just do drop in... go to a class, get ideas and do stuff on her own that she learned there too. I would just highly recommend eating right, she can do a cleanse and lose a bunch of weight that way too. When exactly did she give birth? Did she have a c-section? Any other complications?

If you want, PM me and I'll give you my email to send to her so I can get more info from her. I'm a former personal trainer, and also am a single mom to a now-19-month old, but know about what it's like to be on maternity leave and what sorts of things she is able to start at different stages post-natally.

bituerbo
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
I know some chicks who get wet over hot yoga. Stretching to odd positions and being hot and sweatty... almost as good as what put her in the position she's in now.