PDA

View Full Version : 92 eagle talon

jeff
10-20-2003, 08:51 PM
i am buying this car i talked to the owner that owened it before the guy i am getting it from he said the head went bad so he had a differnt one put on.
he said one day while he was driving he smelled a weired smell so he killed the motor and pulled off to the side of the road. he later attemted to start the car and it wouldnt fire only would turn over. he said the head went out again. but i was told by the current owner the head is good and the fuel pump is bad because he said it will start while there is fuel in the air box. could the head gasket be bad as well as the fuel pump? how would one tell if the head is bad? could the fuel filter be bad not just the pump? somebody told me to smell the oil to see if it smelt bernt it didnt just smelled like oil in a car tha need to be changed (oil/gas smell)
so if you guys could help please do respond

jeff
10-21-2003, 06:15 PM
found out it the fuel pump is bad that is why it wont run because if it the head was bad it would still run just like shit

Isonex
10-22-2003, 12:17 PM
easy thing to go buy...if there is more then 2,000 you have to put in the engine then low ball the hell out of him. DOnt even fix it then, what you do is you go talk to engine importers and throw in a cyclone JDM for 2,500 :P

Chris