PDA

View Full Version : Good BMW Mechanical Shop

akumajack
04-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Would you guys recommend any independent BMW shop in town? Thanks in advance.

endo
04-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Two Square Auto Repair. They are awesome. Jamie Arns is one of the tech's there (might be head tech, I can't remember). He knows his shit.

scat19
04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Fucking search! This has been asked SOOOOO many times

w_man
04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Have you noticed independent BMW repair shops to be considerably cheaper than going to the dealership? What are the pros and cons for going to an independent repair shop vs. the dealership.

I know going to the dealership usually costs more money when it comes to Hondas/GM etc but is it the same for BMW/Audi where the work/parts are a bit more specialized?

TorqueDog
04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by w_man
Have you noticed independent BMW repair shops to be considerably cheaper than going to the dealership? What are the pros and cons for going to an independent repair shop vs. the dealership.

I know going to the dealership usually costs more money when it comes to Hondas/GM etc but is it the same for BMW/Audi where the work/parts are a bit more specialized? I found the wait times were less, and since my car just came off warranty, I figured I might as well use an independant simply for the convenience of faster service.

That said, having shuttle service is nice, which obviously an independant won't offer.

911fever
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Kuk's Shop. Great guy, great place, knows BMW's inside out, and is a great guy. I pm'd you his number.