PDA

View Full Version : Scammed by member sr20s14zenki (Evan)

Pages : [1] 2

D_flore
04-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Let me start by saying Evan has been absolutely great up until I gave him my money... big surprise.

I had Evan do a VG30DETT swap on my 300zx.
As the spring weather came Evan wanted to get his car on the road so he started to rush mine and get it back to me so that it was out of his garage so that he could put a new engine in is summer car. All of a sudden my car was ready for pickup. A few not so vital things were not yet done. He was supposed to change the power steering line that was leaking while the engine was out but he forgot as he was in a rush, so he told me he would come by and do it for me later on along with an oil change and installation of upper rad mounts. Not a big deal. Since he was so honest and "trustworthy" I decided to pay him the total amount she he was not upset and also because he needed the money to work on his car (also note i offered to give him half when he was half done to get the parts needed for his car and because he mentioned he was broke).

The problem started when he put the wrong tranny fluid in. He put in GL5 when it calls for GL4. This came up in conversation between us so we searched around on the net and found differing opinions. The manual states GL4 and so did about 80 percent of the opinions online (which I know are not always reliable) So he comes over with the fluid and changed it along with removing the power steering line (as it needs to go in for a rebuild) and says will you meet me half way with the cost of fluid. I say well I don't think I should have to since you put in the wrong stuff to begin with which damages the tranny anyway but I will think about it and pay you with the cost of the line when you get it back. He said ok if you feel you don't have to then you don't have to. I later check my email and it says in short "you will pay me the full amount for the fluid or you will not be getting your power steering line back" So now I have a car with wire holding my rad on, a broken alarm siren, no power steering line and lost the synthetic oil change that was promised. (synthetic fluids were part of the cost of the swap)

I just want to warn others out there. I am confident he can do a SR20 swap but unless you go over everything with him in detail he will appear honest and try and charge you or find a way to force you to pay him for things once he has some sort of collateral. For those who have done a swap with him and he gave you your car COMPLETE I am sure it went great. In talking with him it seems as if he has had problems with people paying him in the past. Other than this he was absolutely great but as soon as I gave him my money I had nothing to hold against him but his honestly which in the end is probably my mistake for trusting a mechanic.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I forgot to mention I will advise Evan that this is up to ensure both sides of the story are heard

7thgenvic
04-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I hope you talked to him before going on the board and posting all this.... You are complaining over 20 dollars in fluid and a rubber line? Or am I completely out of the loop after reading your post

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Alright beyonders, let me tell you the whole situation. I have been nothing but a stand up guy with this guy, not to mention giving him a WICKED rate. I did so many things for free, included them in the swap because im nice. I installed his upgraded turbos FREE, as well as numerous other things. If you want me to elaborate, i will, but i am not going to mention them all right now. I have every intention of getting him his precious upper rad mounts, as soon as he pays me for the oil that made NO difference like i told him it wouldnt. His tranny whines, its a bad tranny, and hes basically passing the buck on to me. I found various documentation saying that when gl5 came out it was bad, but since has been re-certified and no longer has problems with Synchro ring issues. Everything was operating fine besides the whine. Also, the power steering line was ANOTHER nice thing that i was going to do, out of the goodness of my heart, but forgot during the swap. I took it out today, and i asked him to pay half of the oil, considering i just spend 1 1/2 hours getting the power steering line out. He said he didnt think he should pay for it cuz it was the wrong fluid. GL5 EXCEEDS the values that gl4 has. I didnt put factory in, i put BETTER in.

its simple, pay for your fluid, and i will do your power steering line, oil change, and upper mounts. Sound like a good plan beyonders? I want to add, the car came to me with a leaky power steering pressure line, so like i said, wasnt a requirement of the swap, i was just nice and said i would.

oh, and its actually 50$ in fluid, as he wanted the most expensive shit.

heres a chart of Gl5, it MEETS and EXCEEDS gl4.

http://www.lubrizol.com/products/automotive-gear-oil/gl5.asp

i have MANY more sources i can post.

R154
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
You are a fucking idiot. gl4 is the same as gl5, gl4 is more corrosive and less stable then gl5 dipshit. He used expensive as gear oil, THAT YOU DIDNT PAY FOR.

On top of that, your tranny was a piece of shit to begin with. Why dont you tell everyone how your tranny whines you bitch ass?

Dont you dare try and pull Evan down with your I wont pay for work bullshit.

You hassled Evan from the get go and he did nothing but bend over backwards for you, not to mention he cut his labour cost by 15% because your a broke wannabe.

Evan is not only THE MOST reputable backyard mechanic on this board, but he is upstanding, and does nothing but terrific work.

Why dont you tell everybody how you tried to nickle and dime him on the PS line dick head? How about let loose about how you refused to pay him what it was worth to get your car done, so instead of doing what most people would have done evan did the work for cheap AND to your specification.

You are a shitty person for making a thread that is completely untrue... and believe me when I say people will be burning you alive, just WAIT until the 10's of 100's of people who have had work and favors done pipe up.

You are liable to get your shit pushed in, fucking liar.

Jason Lange
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Hmm I want to hear what Evan says, I know him and this seems out of character. I might give him a shout here later and try to get him to post. I know many people have been happy with their swaps.

^^I'm a little slow...

R154
04-15-2009, 08:43 PM
BTW what about the free installation he did on your turbo's? How about that fab work on the harness? How about the fact that he put other cars off to finish yours. He hasnt even started on his setup because of you and you continuous whining?

Gear oil? Seriously?

Bitch.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 08:47 PM
lol do some research. I call nissan and they told me not to use GL5 anyone can google it real quick and lets see what they come up with. The power steering line was never nickle and dimed? I am tryin to keep this simple but if you want to go into why the swap was cheap which it was, was becuase he planned to do it slow and easy as he had time over the winter..6 monthsish which ended up working out for both of us. Also becuase he was learning as he went. He had never done this swap.. I also had to spend hours and hours researching things to avoid major problems.

Yes my tranny whines... but i dont get what that has to do with anything?

What labour costs by 15% that was never even talked about between us?

I never refused to pay him what is was worth? He has alot more than I did in the pot (ie my entire car)

D_flore
04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
That was part of the deal aymen.

Yeah like I said Evan was great up until now just great but as soon as I gave my money on an unfinished car this happened.

I also said I am confident if he gave you your car finished im sure it was great

7thgenvic
04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Evan has been a good contributor to beyond. Its these hack 18 year olds that want their cars done for cheap and bitch when they purchase shitty parts to be installed....Should be a interesting thread.

R154
04-15-2009, 08:51 PM
your post just goes to show how much of a shit head your are. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and you nicely avoided talking about how evan did you alot of favours for free.

You didnt research shit. I know, becuase evan called me numerous times to keep me updated on how the swap was going and to ask me for insight.

Shut your mouth kid, you think that you can just post some random stupid shit and people will believe you? you have just made yourself one of the most hated members among people who matter on this board (for nissan guys anyways). First or not, evan did many MANY more challenging projects then your shitty vg swap.

So tell me how much did you pay for your labour?

S13_Ryan
04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
your an ungratefull fuck for even thinking to post in reguards to your "issues" with evan.

ive dealt with evan multiple times over the last year and a half and haven't once had a single problem with his service. his knowledge and service pushes far beyond anybody else i have ever dealt with when it came to my car.

put your flame suit on you fucking moron.

:rofl: :rofl: :facepalm: :facepalm:

R154
04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
For the record I am NOT Aymen.

R154
04-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by D_flore
Let me start by saying Evan has been absolutely great up until I gave him my money... big surprise.

I had Evan do a VG30DETT swap on my 300zx.
As the spring weather came Evan wanted to get his car on the road so he started to rush mine and get it back to me so that it was out of his garage so that he could put a new engine in is summer car. All of a sudden my car was ready for pickup. A few not so vital things were not yet done. He was supposed to change the power steering line that was leaking while the engine was out but he forgot as he was in a rush, so he told me he would come by and do it for me later on along with an oil change and installation of upper rad mounts. Not a big deal. Since he was so honest and "trustworthy" I decided to pay him the total amount she he was not upset and also because he needed the money to work on his car (also note i offered to give him half when he was half done to get the parts needed for his car and because he mentioned he was broke).

The problem started when he put the wrong tranny fluid in. He put in GL5 when it calls for GL4. This came up in conversation between us so we searched around on the net and found differing opinions. The manual states GL4 and so did about 80 percent of the opinions online (which I know are not always reliable) So he comes over with the fluid and changed it along with removing the power steering line (as it needs to go in for a rebuild) and says will you meet me half way with the cost of fluid. I say well I don't think I should have to since you put in the wrong stuff to begin with which damages the tranny anyway but I will think about it and pay you with the cost of the line when you get it back. He said ok if you feel you don't have to then you don't have to. I later check my email and it says in short "you will pay me the full amount for the fluid or you will not be getting your power steering line back" So now I have a car with wire holding my rad on, a broken alarm siren, no power steering line and lost the synthetic oil change that was promised. (synthetic fluids were part of the cost of the swap)

I just want to warn others out there. I am confident he can do a SR20 swap but unless you go over everything with him in detail he will appear honest and try and charge you or find a way to force you to pay him for things once he has some sort of collateral. For those who have done a swap with him and he gave you your car COMPLETE I am sure it went great. In talking with him it seems as if he has had problems with people paying him in the past. Other than this he was absolutely great but as soon as I gave him my money I had nothing to hold against him but his honestly which in the end is probably my mistake for trusting a mechanic.

Quote for non edit d-bag

R154
04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
lol do some research. I call nissan and they told me not to use GL5 anyone can google it real quick and lets see what they come up with. The power steering line was never nickle and dimed? I am tryin to keep this simple but if you want to go into why the swap was cheap which it was, was becuase he planned to do it slow and easy as he had time over the winter..6 monthsish which ended up working out for both of us. Also becuase he was learning as he went. He had never done this swap.. I also had to spend hours and hours researching things to avoid major problems.

Yes my tranny whines... but i dont get what that has to do with anything?

What labour costs by 15% that was never even talked about between us?

I never refused to pay him what is was worth? He has alot more than I did in the pot (ie my entire car)

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I used Motomaster Full synthetic 75w90. On the back it states "Meets Api Gl5, and MT1 standards" as well as other standards i wont mention. mt1 fixes the problems that earlier gl5's had with corroding brass parts inside the transmissions. This fluid is perfectly adequate to what he wanted. It was just a thought that could cause the whining, wihch was proven today that it didnt. Seriously guys, i told him USUALLY its 40-50$ to resurface a flywheel, he lost it when i told him it was 68$. Also, his intercooler kit was missing parts, so i went and got pipe and fabbed up parts. did i charge him? NO! Do i wish i did now? YES. This is the only way i am going to get justice, is to keep his power steering line captive until i am paid what i should be paid.

the new fluid was 50$, what, you think i got that laying around? Get real kid.

Sorath
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
evan is a good guy, know him personally in real life. pretty sure u got on the wrong foot with him. also might be nice to get your facts straight. even after the wrongfully accusing him hes still offering to do labour for you even though ur being a whiny bitch

evan u should tell this guy to shove it, and then he can go pay labour rates at nissan if hes complaining that much, i`ll even give u the 20 dollars that u lost from this guy.

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
is Ayman.. lol not Aymen...

this is Ayman typing not Evan.. We share the account.

thanks boys the support

R154
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Kasem dont waste your time man. Evan isnt doing this bitch any favors. I am surprised he is handling it as well as he is.

I am more pissed about this then him hahaha.

pf0sh0
04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
:drama:

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
a source http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/engine-and-drivetrain/38315-gear-oil-gl4-or-gl5/

not to mention calling brasson nissan and them saying DO NOT USE GL5. Any search will show that about 8/10 say do not use gl5 in a recomnded gl4. This could have been easily avoided if the right oil was looked up in the first place.

Direct copy and paste:

13/04/2009 7:42:38 PM s14.....the car s13's wish they were Dev... dont drive your car, im coming over tomoro

13/04/2009 7:42:45 PM Dev... s14.....the car s13's wish they were alright

13/04/2009 7:42:53 PM s14.....the car s13's wish they were Dev... ill bring Gl4 fluid

13/04/2009 7:42:57 PM Dev... s14.....the car s13's wish they were k

13/04/2009 7:42:59 PM Dev... s14.....the car s13's wish they were what did u find?

13/04/2009 7:43:15 PM s14.....the car s13's wish they were Dev... well just that it can cause whining

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 09:02 PM
a source http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/engine-and-drivetrain/38315-gear-oil-gl4-or-gl5/

not to mention calling brasson nissan and them saying DO NOT USE GL5. Any search will show that about 8/10 say do not use gl5 in a recomnded gl4. This could have been easily avoided if the right oil was looked up in the first place.

Direct copy and paste:

13/04/2009 7:42:38 PM s14.....the car s13's wish they were Dev... dont drive your car, im coming over tomoro

13/04/2009 7:42:45 PM Dev... s14.....the car s13's wish they were alright

13/04/2009 7:42:53 PM s14.....the car s13's wish they were Dev... ill bring Gl4 fluid

13/04/2009 7:42:57 PM Dev... s14.....the car s13's wish they were k

13/04/2009 7:42:59 PM Dev... s14.....the car s13's wish they were what did u find?

13/04/2009 7:43:15 PM s14.....the car s13's wish they were Dev... well just that it can cause whining

Can, in certain trannys you fucktard. It obviously didnt cause it in yours did it. I read something, over-reacted, and then read more and figured out what i read was bullshit. Nissan was most likely reading the FSM same as i was and just quoted what it said. Its the same fucking thing.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
I used Motomaster Full synthetic 75w90. On the back it states "Meets Api Gl5, and MT1 standards" as well as other standards i wont mention. mt1 fixes the problems that earlier gl5's had with corroding brass parts inside the transmissions. This fluid is perfectly adequate to what he wanted. It was just a thought that could cause the whining, wihch was proven today that it didnt. Seriously guys, i told him USUALLY its 40-50$ to resurface a flywheel, he lost it when i told him it was 68$. Also, his intercooler kit was missing parts, so i went and got pipe and fabbed up parts. did i charge him? NO! Do i wish i did now? YES. This is the only way i am going to get justice, is to keep his power steering line captive until i am paid what i should be paid.

the new fluid was 50$, what, you think i got that laying around? Get real kid.

I didnt loose it about the flywheel. I was just surprised is all. I didnt care. I just trusted u and payed it without asking for a receipt

R154
he was talking about gl4, not gl5 :facepalm:

Besides which, you already admited that your tranny was shot. And we ALL know your tranny was in bad condition, dont even try to back pedal.

Quiet10
:thumbsdow for D_flore

Kloubek
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
"Scam threads gone wild".

Wraith
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Get a 3 way msn going or something lol

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I just wanted the proper fluid in the first place.. Not my fault this was not researched. I see people are forgetting i mentioned everything other than this was absolutely great.

PS i agreed to meet him half way once he raised a stink about changing the fluid (because the wrong stuff was put in the first time)

If this was a shop have admitted mistake and changed the fluid for free to what the manual states?

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes my tranny is shot we have been over this.. it states in many places that the wrong fluid can do this so it was the next step. Now i know its the tranny not the fluid causing the whine but it could have been the fluid

Canmorite
04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

962 kid
04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Just because you, some chump forum members and the flat-rate techs at the stealership think the fluid is wrong doesn't mean it is. Synthetic GL5 (GL5+) fluids have no problems with brass tranny parts, you're just like one of those people that think switching to synthetic will cause oil leaks.

You paid him to do the swap, because your own knowledge/skills are inadequate. Perhaps you should remember that fact the next time you decide to pick a big fight over nothing.

R154
04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
Just because you, some chump forum members and the flat-rate techs at the stealership think the fluid is wrong doesn't mean it is. Synthetic GL5 (GL5+) fluids have no problems with brass tranny parts, you're just like one of those people that think switching to synthetic will cause oil leaks.

You paid him to do the swap, because your own knowledge/skills are inadequate. Perhaps you should remember that fact the next time you decide to pick a big fight over nothing.

qft

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Quick question... If Evan knew nothing about the fluid before he put it in. Should he not have put in what the Manual recommends?

7thgenvic
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Evan I wouldn't even bother putting his PS line in...Let him figure out how to work on a car....You helped the kid out and went beyond what you had to do and now he is being a little bitch...Fuck him

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Quick question... If Evan knew nothing about the fluid before he put it in. Should he not have put in what the Manual recommends? Yah, the manual reccomends non synthetic gl4.....you want that? i would LOVE To put that in and save myself some money...and i know that works for a fact.

962 kid
04-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Quick question... If Evan knew nothing about the fluid before he put it in. Should he not have put in what the Manual recommends?

Would you also like DOT3 brake fluid, conventional 5W30 and stock heat range spark plugs as well?

CMW403
04-15-2009, 09:15 PM
sub-fucking-scribed

i think this guy saw what happened in the previous recent scammer threads and thought he might be able to get the attention as well.:facepalm:

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Would you also like DOT3 brake fluid, conventional 5W30 and stock heat range spark plugs as well?

running all of the above for the time being. syn is newer than my car and if you would like to bother looking up gl5 vs gl4 then do so and learn

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Evan I wouldn't even bother putting his PS line in...Let him figure out how to work on a car....You helped the kid out and went beyond what you had to do and now he is being a little bitch...Fuck him

I would love to work on my car but due to a medical condition I hardly can. Not an engine swap because my knowledge is quite limited but other less time consuming things yes.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
sub-fucking-scribed

i think this guy saw what happened in the previous recent scammer threads and thought he might be able to get the attention as well.:facepalm:

follow the pack sheep

pf0sh0
04-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Why don't you guys just call each other? As entertaining as this is, wouldn't it be more efficient lol

04-15-2009, 09:21 PM
after surfing this forum for a few years and coming in contact with sr20s14zenki in differant threads and seeing the level of support he even offers to strangers via PM's and forums chats, i find this thread full of garbage, to the o.p. quit fucking whining.

sr20s14zenki is a stand up member and a legit beyonder.

Primer_Drift
04-15-2009, 09:21 PM
:facepalm:^e10

R154
04-15-2009, 09:22 PM

I would love to work on my car but due to a medical condition I hardly can. Not an engine swap because my knowledge is quite limited but other less time consuming things yes.

Lets make this crystal clear. Did he or didnt he fab your intercooler pipes, do your turbo swap, fab a custom exhaust and exhaust flange, reloom your wiring harness, as well as fab you numerous other odds and ends, search for oil lines, and look over your tranny for you. FOR FREE.

Yes or no? Answer the question, then tell me if you owe him 50$ for the fucking gear oil???

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:23 PM
woo 3 pages already. Please only post if you are going to comment on the situation at hand not on history. History is not a predictor of the future just a good indicator

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by R154

Lets make this crystal clear. Did he or didnt he fab your intercooler pipes, do your turbo swap, fab a custom exhaust and exhaust flange, reloom your wiring harness, as well as fab you numerous other odds and ends, search for oil lines, and look over your tranny for you. FOR FREE.

Yes or no? Answer the question, then tell me if you owe him 50$ for the fucking gear oil???

Didnt reloom his harness, however, did remove oil pan, check GIANT dent in it, pound dent out so the sump could get oil, and re-seal oilpan, again, no charge.

R154
04-15-2009, 09:25 PM
You sure as fuck fixed the shitty harness that came with it. I know, cause you were complaining about it. :P

So answer the question D_flore.

R154
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Give him the 50$ and this thread can die.

Redlyne_jr
04-15-2009, 09:28 PM
:drama: sr20s14zenki = Standup Guy :clap: :closed:

turbotrip
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
do we really need these random nut huggers to stand up for sr20s14zenki? im pretty sure he can stick up for himself

PGTze
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
You did not get scammed OP, someone should delete this stupid thread.

Dirtycoupe91
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Now i know its the tranny not the fluid causing the whine but it could have been the fluid

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" :facepalm:

D_flore

Fair enough.

Intercooler pips : got some canadain tire exhuast piping and threw it in becuase he was in a hurry and wanted my car out of his garage before i could get the proper pipes. Note: no dealine was ever described it was an ongoing work on as evan has free time type of project.

Turbo Swap: Yes, part of the deal

Custom exhuast: No I got a bolt on aftermarket becuase it was easier for him however he did nicley offer to weld the holes shut in my stock system, rework the flange.. yes but only becuase he didnt want to wait for the part to be replaced from manufacturer.

Wiring harness: I do not know.

Look over tranny: I dont know

As for odds and end.. well that was considered part of the swap since i was told I would have a running twin turbo car with other things mentioned above and since he had never done one before he needed to do a few unexpected things sure but that was part of getting me a running car for the original price of $1300 labor + syn fluids discussed.

Note: the price had other stipulations mentioned earlier in thread

pf0sh0
Originally posted by turbotrip
do we really need these random nut huggers to stand up for sr20s14zenki? im pretty sure he can stick up for himself

Every great man has a group of men behind him cheering him on.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Oil pan : yes and thank you evan. this was done for a reason you didnt mention if i remember correctly?

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
Why don't you guys just call each other? As entertaining as this is, wouldn't it be more efficient lol

could have been discussed and solved in person but he decided to take my line and then email me once he got home. I don't know why

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 09:39 PM

could have been discussed and solved in person but he decided to take my line and then email me once he got home. I don't know why

Because i wanted to give myself a drive home to calm down and think about weather i want to be the super nice guy and get walked on by you, or maybe assert myself and say screw this, im not getting taken advantage of. If i had mentioned it in person in the mindset i was in, it would have ended very badly. Count yourself lucky.

syeve
04-15-2009, 09:39 PM

If this was a shop have admitted mistake and changed the fluid for free to what the manual states?

Go to a shop next time. Get your race car and race tranny worked on by race car technicians. :thumbsup:

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:40 PM
haha u were gunna fight me? grow up.. it would have ended in me giving u the half u wanted

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by syeve

Go to a shop next time. Get your race car and race tranny worked on by race car technicians. :thumbsup:

lol its far from a race car and my tranny is shot to shit.. ugg

RickDaTuner
I am not taking sides, because quite frankly I don't very much like unlicensed/unregistered back yard mechanics. Since for the most part all they do is create big headaches at the dealership level, but a fact is a fact...

here is an OFFICIAL Nissan TSB concerning this issue

TSB NTB 94-100 is titled "RECOMMENDED FLUIDS, LURICANTS AND CHEMICALS FOR NISSAN VEHICLES". For manual transmissions it specifies a GL-4 or a GL-5, 80W90(RWD), 75W90(FWD), mineral or synthetic. It further shows as a recommended aftermarket product Castrol Hypoid "C" or equivalent; Castrol Synthetic Gear Oil 75W90 P/N 00672 or Equivalent

962 kid

running all of the above for the time being. syn is newer than my car and if you would like to bother looking up gl5 vs gl4 then do so and learn

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're right, I wish I knew as much as you and all the other forum jerkoffs that spread misinformation like Herpes. I didn't realize how vast your knowledge and experience in tribology were. Perhaps you could enlighten you as to the differences between synthetic non-corrosive GL5 fluids, and the EP90 GL5 fluid you think is destroying your beatass transmission.

Or better yet, don't even bother :thumbsup: buy a car, leave it stock and live with it. You seem to have trouble grasping simple concepts, such as the fact that the person you hired knows more than you, or that there are many different types of GL5 fluid.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
im just tired of finally trusting a mechanic and then as soon as u pay things turn right around.. Any single person on here pay evan before everything promised was done??? if not chime out because like i said he was amazing up until i payed him

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
I am not taking sides, because quite frankly I don't very much like unlicensed/unregistered back yard mechanics. Since for the most part all they do is create big headaches at the dealership level, but a fact is a fact...

here is an OFFICIAL Nissan TSB concerning this issue

TSB NTB 94-100 is titled "RECOMMENDED FLUIDS, LURICANTS AND CHEMICALS FOR NISSAN VEHICLES". For manual transmissions it specifies a GL-4 or a GL-5, 80W90(RWD), 75W90(FWD), mineral or synthetic. It further shows as a recommended aftermarket product Castrol Hypoid "C" or equivalent; Castrol Synthetic Gear Oil 75W90 P/N 00672 or Equivalent

uhhhg if i would have know this i would have left it all together. Evan was the one who brought the gl4 vs gl5 issue to my attention to begin with

SR240SX
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Evans gay.....

:rofl: Jokes, If it werent for evan..I probably wouldnt be working on my own car. I havent taken any of my cars to a mechanic since I pretty much started driving, And it's all thanks to what Evan has taught me.

I would probably get pissed off if someone called me all the time asking how to fix this or that on they're car..But Evan has no problem with it..

Every time I call..he just answers and says "What did you fuck up this time?"

Lol...+1 for a good guy:clap:

:hijack:

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:45 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're right, I wish I knew as much as you and all the other forum jerkoffs that spread misinformation like Herpes. I didn't realize how vast your knowledge and experience in tribology were. Perhaps you could enlighten you as to the differences between synthetic non-corrosive GL5 fluids, and the EP90 GL5 fluid you think is destroying your beatass transmission.

Or better yet, don't even bother :thumbsup: buy a car, leave it stock and live with it. You seem to have trouble grasping simple concepts, such as the fact that the person you hired knows more than you, or that there are many different types of GL5 fluid.

like i said evan was the one that brought the concern to my attention

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
im just tired of finally trusting a mechanic and then as soon as u pay things turn right around.. Any single person on here pay evan before everything promised was done??? if not chime out because like i said he was amazing up until i payed him

God dammit man, i told you i will do the work NO PROBLEM when you pay me for the fluid. Quit being stubborn and just pay and i will finish. I was amazing up till you paid me because up to that point i had been putting up with your bullshit so i could GET paid without you trying anything sneaky. READ THE TSB. Pay for the damn fluids, you're wrong, its been proven. I am 100% honest and everybody knows that. From the countless people ive helped FOR FREE to the people who, once in a bue moon bring back a 240 swap that has an issue and i fix it FOR FREE because i warranty my work. If i leave a bolt loose or a clamp loose, BY ALL MEANS i take care of it. Thats the person i am. Please just pay me so i can finish your car.

pf0sh0
04-15-2009, 09:47 PM
humiliation

RZRSHARP_SVX
this thread was not needed. they created GL5 to meet and exceed the specs of GL4 making it all that much better.

sounds like someone needs to take a learner automotive course.

D_flore
AGAIN

ANY single person on here pay evan before everything promised was done???

If not chime out because like i said he was amazing up until i payed him.

Dj_Stylz
04-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Maybe Evan should charge you all the extra labor he did. If you pay him for that im sure he will be glad to buy you some oil.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
ok maybe 50 bux is nothing to you but im on god damn disability and still living at home paying for this with money i made in high school to save up for this because its my passion. And no absolutely NO sympathy is wanted but everyone is acting like 50 bux is nothing

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Maybe Evan should charge you all the extra labor he did. If you pay him for that im sure he will be glad to buy you some oil.

Do you know the entire situation hahahha?

RickDaTuner

If I would have looked at your car, I would have charged you the appropriate rate of at least 90 bucks an hour, would have pre quoted you on all time needed to complete the task, looked over your car in great detail, pointed out issues prior to even working on it.
Then during the process, I would have called you right away and let you know immediately of any further concerns that were found, and quoted you appropriately, During all this I would have been documenting all the work done with digital pictures. and finally would have taken only the quoted time to finish the job with in the 8-5 works hours a day to completed the job.

Your bill would have most definitely been more than $2000.00, but you would have a car back that was repaired to nissan factory standards.

My point of typing all that out is... You contracted a backyard mechanic, while his abilities are greater than most, you got what you paid for...

Gotta pay to play...

SR240SX
AGAIN

ANY single person on here pay evan before everything promised was done???

If not chime out because like i said he was amazing up until i payed him.

Yeah, on my first s13 years ago when I blew the motor, Dropped off the motor and car...Picked it up 2 days later..paid him the cash and everything was good. You just dont know about cars and think that every mechanic is out to get you. Why are you bitching about it man its chump change just pay him get the shit done and start driving you're car instead of bitching on here and trying to get him to come back for free.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:52 PM

God dammit man, i told you i will do the work NO PROBLEM when you pay me for the fluid. Quit being stubborn and just pay and i will finish. I was amazing up till you paid me because up to that point i had been putting up with your bullshit so i could GET paid without you trying anything sneaky. READ THE TSB. Pay for the damn fluids, you're wrong, its been proven. I am 100% honest and everybody knows that. From the countless people ive helped FOR FREE to the people who, once in a bue moon bring back a 240 swap that has an issue and i fix it FOR FREE because i warranty my work. If i leave a bolt loose or a clamp loose, BY ALL MEANS i take care of it. Thats the person i am. Please just pay me so i can finish your car.

Why didnt u read the tsb or show it to me before u did the change or bring to my attention that gl4 was bad? or how about before you put the GL5 in without knowing?

DGill
04-15-2009, 09:53 PM
sr20s14zenki is a stand up guy, always answers my questions if i have any
:thumbsup: just pay him his money and get your car done

R154
50 bucks IS nothing when you are paying 1100$ for a swap ;)

And you just proved how much of a lying sack o shit you are.

D_flore

If I would have looked at your car, I would have charged you the appropriate rate of at least 90 bucks an hour, would have pre quoted you on all time needed to complete the task, looked over your car in great detail, pointed out issues prior to even working on it.
Then during the process, I would have called you right away and let you know immediately of any further concerns that were found, and quoted you appropriately, During all this I would have been documenting all the work done with digital pictures. and finally would have taken only the quoted time to finish the job with in the 8-5 works hours a day to completed the job.

Your bill would have most definitely been more than $2000.00, but you would have a car back that was repaired to nissan factory standards.

My point of typing all that out is... You contracted a backyard mechanic, while his abilities are greater than most, you got what you paid for...

Gotta pay to play...

Well said

spikerS
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
sr20s14zenki
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 3.22
Trader Rating: (23)
User Rating: 97%

D_flore
Neutral

What I drive: Z32
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

i think that speaks for itself.

D_Flore, you picked the wrong member to try and call out, and instead black listed yourself.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 09:55 PM

lying? I have doctors notes to prove it.. you are really immature the way u go off a friends word and come on here guns blazing swears flying without the other side of the story. I said for the get go that I would have both sides of the story up

R154
04-15-2009, 09:56 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/253353/opinions-on-cost-of-swap/

sr20s14zenki

Gotta pay to play...

Only one thing Rick, and i mean this in the best of ways, believe me. Do dealerships offer swaps?

I know what im doing, but you are far superior in knowledge to me, you are a trained professional. I however, DO know what im doing, and i DID tell him every single problem. If i actually added up all the extra time, and charged hourly, it would be ALOT more.

D_flore

1100? where was i?

RickDaTuner
04-15-2009, 09:59 PM

Only one thing Rick, and i mean this in the best of ways, believe me. Do dealerships offer swaps?

Some do, it all depends on the service department and the mentality of the Techs in the back.
A proper dealership Tech will do anything aftermarket so long as it is done correctly with great fore thought to reliability and longevity.

i am not here to personally attack you or discredit you, same goes to the OP, I am just stating facts...

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by spikers

i think that speaks for itself.

D_Flore, you picked the wrong member to try and call out, and instead black listed yourself.

wait this is a joke right. internet forum stats.. no way.

I have 0 freinds on here cuz i never use it lol. |What is your point? that makes what i say less valid?

Once again Evan was the one that brought the gl4 vs gl5 issue to my attention

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 10:01 PM

Some do, it all depends on the service department and the mentality of the Techs in the back.
A proper dealership Tech will do anything aftermarket so long as it is done correctly with great fore thought to reliability and longevity.

i am not here to personally attack you or discredit you, same goes to the OP, I am just stating facts...

I know you arent here to attack me, thats why i said I was asking in the best of ways.

Im not saying that i should have charged extra, but YES out of the goodness of my heart i said i would install turbos INCLUDED in the swap, normally thats not included anywhere. I fixed a flange on the exhaust, FREE, got pipes that he was missing, and troubleshooted his piece of shit front mount FREE, i had to stretch his stock bumper to fit it over the shitty intercooler piping. DID IT FREE. I had to move a BOV because shithead that had the kit in the states had his washer fluid resevoir removed, and it interfered with devons, FREE!!!! I brought up the issue of oil as a THOUGHT because i wanted to help you in any way i could, you jerk.

What more should i have done, tell me.

R154
04-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Fair enough.

Intercooler pips : got some canadain tire exhuast piping and threw it in becuase he was in a hurry and wanted my car out of his garage before i could get the proper pipes. Note: no dealine was ever described it was an ongoing work on as evan has free time type of project.

Turbo Swap: Yes, part of the deal

Custom exhuast: No I got a bolt on aftermarket becuase it was easier for him however he did nicley offer to weld the holes shut in my stock system, rework the flange.. yes but only becuase he didnt want to wait for the part to be replaced from manufacturer.

Wiring harness: I do not know.

Look over tranny: I dont know

As for odds and end.. well that was considered part of the swap since i was told I would have a running twin turbo car with other things mentioned above and since he had never done one before he needed to do a few unexpected things sure but that was part of getting me a running car for the original price of $1300 labor + syn fluids discussed.

Note: the price had other stipulations mentioned earlier in thread

1) He used nice aluminum pieces from mopac and Tig'd them for free.

2) It wasnt included, you told him you wanted the turbo's swaped AFTER the original seal was propsed which was JUST an engine swap. he then did it, for free

3) You are flat out lying, the bolts didnt line up on your trust exhaust, not only did he section the exhaust, but he cut off and re-tiged the flanges, instead of just drilling holes like I have seen at other shops in the city... for free.

4) The motor you brought him had an old and shitty harness, he checked through ALL the wires, and fixed a few nics aswell as loomed some of it. (even though he doesnt want to add to the pile of crap he did). Again for free.

5) You had no idea about the state of the transmission until evan made it clear that your tranny was fucked, he told you what may/maynot help.hamper the situation and you didnt understand.
Again, for free.

Notice the trend asshole?

Of course im goign to be mad as hell if you are trying to be slanderous against someone who isnt in any way shady. All these members have attested to it.

Now pay him the money.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:04 PM
i wanted side mounts but i was mislead into thinking they were usless for my car by evan. intercooler not my fault.

Exhuast: as i mentioned before i was happy to ship them back to ams and have them fix the pipe

BOV: same as this intercooler issue which i didnt want in the first place

Graham_A_M
04-15-2009, 10:05 PM
^ Perhaps you should stop digging the deep hole you're in and just stop posting. ;)
its quite clear you're an idiot

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:05 PM

1) He used nice aluminum pieces from mopac and Tig'd them for free.

2) It wasnt included, you told him you wanted the turbo's swaped AFTER the original seal was propsed which was JUST an engine swap. he then did it, for free

3) You are flat out lying, the bolts didnt line up on your trust exhaust, not only did he section the exhaust, but he cut off and re-tiged the flanges, instead of just drilling holes like I have seen at other shops in the city... for free.

4) The motor you brought him had an old and shitty harness, he checked through ALL the wires, and fixed a few nics aswell as loomed some of it. (even though he doesnt want to add to the pile of crap he did). Again for free.

5) You had no idea about the state of the transmission until evan made it clear that your tranny was fucked, he told you what may/maynot help.hamper the situation and you didnt understand.
Again, for free.

Notice the trend asshole?

Of course im goign to be mad as hell if you are trying to be slanderous against someone who isnt in any way shady. All these members have attested to it.

Now pay him the money.

u just proved a lie vs what evan himself said.. nice

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Perhaps you should stop digging the deep hole you're in and just stop posting. ;)
its quite clear you're an idiot

no i just dont have support on here like evan becuase he is a member of this community and has done SR20 swaps that have been 100 percent perfect and then paid for not like mine which was done part way paid fully and then this whole shit show

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM

u just proved a lie vs what evan himself said.. nice

No, he just has it mixed up with other shit, i corrected him. Im not here to lie, i never am.

dood, i am not paid before you car is finished. I TOLD YOU, 50$ and i will finish, what is so hard to understand.I will even still give you your synthetic oil change...god damn man. Im not going to put shit in till im paid the 50, cuz i know you are just going to tell me to fuck off when im done. Btw everybody, im still storing his stock engine, and COUNTLESS spare parts. Taking up space, come get it.

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:08 PM

no i just dont have support on here like evan becuase he is a long time member of this community and has done SR20 swaps that have been 100 percent perfect and then paid for not like mine which was done part way paid fully and then this whole shit show

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:10 PM

No, he just has it mixed up with other shit, i corrected him. Im not here to lie, i never am.

dood, i am not paid before you car is finished. I TOLD YOU, 50$ and i will finish, what is so hard to understand.I will even still give you your synthetic oil change...god damn man. Im not going to put shit in till im paid the 50, cuz i know you are just going to tell me to fuck off when im done. Btw everybody, im still storing his stock engine, and COUNTLESS spare parts. Taking up space, come get it.

well we both know the piping is none mandrel bent cad tire stuff not mopac right?

RickDaTuner
04-15-2009, 10:10 PM

I know you arent here to attack me, thats why i said I was asking in the best of ways.

Im not saying that i should have charged extra, but YES out of the goodness of my heart i said i would install turbos INCLUDED in the swap, normally thats not included anywhere. I fixed a flange on the exhaust, FREE, got pipes that he was missing, and troubleshooted his piece of shit front mount FREE, i had to stretch his stock bumper to fit it over the shitty intercooler piping. DID IT FREE. I had to move a BOV because shithead that had the kit in the states had his washer fluid resevoir removed, and it interfered with devons, FREE!!!! I brought up the issue of oil as a THOUGHT because i wanted to help you in any way i could, you jerk.

What more should i have done, tell me.

charged for all that work...

Working for free is a nice thing to do, but at the end of the day being nice isn't going to pay your bills. a discount on said repairs would have been more appropriate.

Being the nice guy doesn't pay the bills man, or put food on the table. I am also not here to tell you how to run your business, but there are some ethics that need to be put forth regardless of you being a stand up guy or not.

Charging for work, even at a discount rate, also give you accountability to do the job, and work for the money you are about to earn...

I'm sorry things haven't worked out for the two of you...

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 10:11 PM

well we both know the piping is none mandrel bent cad tire stuff not mopac right?
You betcha, BEST PART.. IT WAS FREE TO YOU!

sr20s14zenki
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM

charged for all that work...

Working for free is a nice thing to do, but at the end of the day being nice isn't going to pay your bills. a discount on said repairs would have been more appropriate.

Being the nice guy doesn't pay the bills man, or put food on the table. I am also not here to tell you how to run your business, but there are some ethics that need to be put forth regardless of you being a stand up guy or not.

Charging for work, even at a discount rate, also give you accountability to do the job, and work for the money you are about to earn...

I'm sorry things haven't worked out for the two of you...

I do swaps on the side, when im not busy with my day job. I make way more money welding than i do in swaps. Im going to say you are right, However, he told me his budget, and i stayed within the borders no matter what, if i could do it. I dont know what to say =(

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM

you said it was ok to get this weekend. I asked if u wanted me to get it sooner and you said it was fine. Why would I fuck u when ure done.. I payed you before things like the rad mounts and stuff were done? Remember I even offered to pay half of the swap before all of this becuase u said u were low on money. I have tried to be really nice i just expect thing to be done to spec and nissan even told me do not use gl5. Why dont u call em. You never gave me any of this extra info before u changed the oil about tranny shops u spoke to or this other tbs or whatever it is

D_flore
04-15-2009, 10:16 PM

You betcha, BEST PART.. IT WAS FREE TO YOU!

that was becuase u wouldnt wait for the right stuff to come from me..? it had already been months what was a few days gunna do?