PDA

View Full Version : GF wants to lose some weight

reborn_euro
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
So my gf is getting alil on the lazy side, she wants to start working out again but doesn't really know what will be affective, and I cant really help her since my solution is always lift weights lol.

So if you guys have any input on what she could do around the house, probably 20 to 30 min 3 or so times a week, that would be a huge help. Shes not fat and has a small figure, just starting to put on a lil belly and wants that gone.

Let me know and as always thanks beyond.

The_Rural_Juror
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I could recommend something, but it would be irresponsible to prescribe based on a one size fits all policy. Photos would greatly help to pinpoint the issue and prevent any unnecessary injury.

TorqueDog
04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
I could recommend something, but it would be irresponsible to prescribe based on a one size fits all policy. Photos would greatly help to pinpoint the issue and prevent any unnecessary injury. http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/c3922e57/i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Belly fat, you want cardio and abdominal exercises. Good diet is extremely important too, have her see a dietician for some guidance.

signature7
04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Photos would greatly help to pinpoint the issue and prevent any unnecessary injury.

sxtasy
04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
just get her to clean house, its a great calorie burner

The_Rural_Juror
04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog

Belly fat, you want cardio and abdominal exercises. Good diet is extremely important too, have her see a dietician for some guidance.

Did you know that people with outward belly buttons have a higher risk of hernia from abdominal exercises? Photos are a must. Believe me, I'm qualified.

7thgenvic
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
more cooking and cleaning. and let her walk the dog for at least 45 minutes a night

TC2002
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Does she want to sign up with a gym? E.g. Spa Lady or something? They offer an individualized program to target your needs.

msommers
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
:rofl: :rofl: At some of your responses!

Diet and cardio are good first steps, coupled with some resistance training. There are some very knowledgeable people on this board pertaining to fitness and how to get started. Maybe look at A790's weightloss thread as a starter for some ideas as well (with obvious differences of course).

reborn_euro
04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
The diet would be an issue, just a very erratic eater, no real patterns to it (times and what she eats is very random) and Ive been trying to figure out what cardio would be good for just working out at home. Im thinking in the general lines of 3 times a week, go running and then some kind of yoga or something. what do you guys think?

Also if you guys would know of some kind a milkshake or something along those lines that she can use as a meal suppliment (gives necessary vitamins, minrals, etc..) so that she does have something healthy.

Super_Geo
04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Anal.

gretz
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
carrot in front of the nose? jk

anything that differs from her everyday routine - jog with her (matching outfits are a must)

buy her wrist and ankle weights

GQBalla
04-16-2009, 10:15 AM
sex is great way to burn calories, but yeah do yoga, nice jog around the house.,

teggypimp95
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
She wants to be doing all different forms of cardio and abs work outs.
Lifting weights is fine for her too, best for her to do low weight with higher reps.

Like said above, diet is a major part also. Cutting down on as much sugar and salt possible will really help.

Travel_Dude
04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
No secret here.

Eat well, often and lower proportion sizes.
Excercise. She needs to sweat, get the heartrate up.
Sleep well. I need 8-10 hours. Most need a little less.
Join a class. Get into a routine. Make it fun.
Take CLA.

jaylo
04-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Travel_Dude
No secret here.

Eat well, often and lower proportion sizes.
Excercise. She needs to sweat, get the heartrate up.
Sleep well. I need 8-10 hours. Most need a little less.
Join a class. Get into a routine. Make it fun.
Take CLA.

^This

TorqueDog
04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Did you know that people with outward belly buttons have a higher risk of hernia from abdominal exercises? Photos are a must. Believe me, I'm qualified. I did.

That said, I also know you're a member of Beyond.ca, so you can't blame me for picking the more likely of your motives. :D

A790
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
It's not rocket science man. It sounds like her diet is keeping her metabolism down. Eat more frequently, smaller meals. Make sure she's getting at least .5g/lb that she weighs of protein.

Regular exercise at least three times per week for about an hour. Not going for a "walk" either. Go for a run. Lift some weights. Get into Yoga. Try Pilates. Do something that gets her heart rate up, so she's exerting herself. Try mixing up the sex life (seriously, it can make a big difference. Woman on top = 400 cals/hour for her, doggie style = 250 cals/30 minutes for both of ya).

Ditch the processed foods. Get rid of chips, pop, white bread, candy bars, etc. Snack on fruit, nuts, and other clean, natural foods. Keep it in perspective too, don't go crazy snacking just because "it's healthy".

Have fun :)

reborn_euro
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
thanks for all the info boys, ill piece something descent for her to start with together from all of this. and then move it forward from there. thanks again.

mowglee
04-27-2009, 09:21 PM
do the cardio first thing in the morning before breakfast. that is when your blood sugar levels are the lowest and you'll be burning the most stored fat.

squats are good too. they tone the legs and the ass. good for her and better for you :thumbsup:

Jim Rome99
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Running. The weather is good now, get out and run every day.

A790
04-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99
Running. The weather is good now, get out and run every day.
What city do you live in that is getting nice weather?

dirtsniffer
05-03-2009, 08:36 AM
1. eat right
2. eat right
3. sweat
4. eat right