PDA

View Full Version : Selling a vehicle stolen and recovered??

dawson13
04-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Heres the deal one of my close friends left his car at home one night when we went to a party came home and it was gone. he called the cops and they said they would do their best to find it and hung up, woke up the next morning to a police constable calling to say they have found the car and its now at the impound. so he picked it up and the only thing noticeable was a blown front tire no other real damage though. and its a 1994 civic hatchback so it has the steering column torn down.

so heres my question is there any inspections involved in selling this vehicle its not wriiten off as the car only had plpd insurence and no theft and since then he bought an suv and just wants to unload it from behind the house

thanks in advance

G-ZUS
04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
No inspections necessary

TDFTW
04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
All he has to do is tell the new owner it's been stolen. He will also probably have to fix the steering column if the seller is an asshole they can call amvic on him. I've had the same thing happen. I just sold my ford to a friend a week after it was stolen

dawson13
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
ya he has no problem telling them its stolen just wanted to know if there were any laws against selling a vehicle like that

Xtrema
04-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by dawson13
ya he has no problem telling them its stolen just wanted to know if there were any laws against selling a vehicle like that

Being 94, the buyer's insurer probably want an inspection done.

Everything else is just buyer's discretion.