PDA

View Full Version : Girls with Cellphones

Grittle Cakes
04-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Does anyone else agree that young women are now more dangerous drivers than young men? I mean, we pay more of insurance, but I think these speedy gonzaleerita's with their cell phones are waay more dangerous drivers.

natejj
04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah, because guys NEVER talk on their cellphones when driving.

Grittle Cakes
04-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I talk on my phone once and a while, but I think guys in general are more responsible with cell phones and driving. With the 'stupid spoiled whore' look bieng all the rage, girls tend to wear big sunglasses and drive like idiots for attention.

Zhariak
04-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I still think there's other groups on the road that are more dangerous.

To be honest, I don't have too many problems on the road with youngins... They might drive faster, but at the same time, I noticed they are more aware than others. Especially if they are in a hurry atleast they pay attention when they are weaving in and out.

Grittle Cakes
04-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, as a senior citizen, I think I deserve more respect from these younger drivers.

atgilchrist
04-17-2009, 10:52 AM
I think people on their cell phones, regardless of gender, tend to become much poorer drivers, myself included.

And, http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/atgilchrist/untitled2.jpg

911fever
04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by atgilchrist
I think people on their cell phones, regardless of gender, tend to become much poorer drivers, myself included.

And, http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/atgilchrist/untitled2.jpg

lawl

ExtraSlow
04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Young guys tend to drive more than younger gals, so even if the girls get in more accidents per mile, the guys get in more accidents per driver.
AND, the ladies tend to get in fender benders and parking lot accidents, whereas young men tend to write off cars doing 150 km/h on the highway, so cost per accident is higher for dudes.

Don't worry though, if the statistics ever point to young women being more expensive for the insurance companies to insure, they'll get charged more.

This is all just "gut feel" and I have nothing to back it up, just like the OP.

GTI CANADIAN
04-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I was driving up the deerfoot two weeks ago around 7:30am, and came upon a new civic driving 80 in the fast lane with no-one in front of them.

I pulled up next to said vehicle, and low and behold a stupid beatch texting on her blackberry.

As I was driving next to her, I leaned on the horn for several seconds...no response....leaned on the horn again....no response.

I drove off hoping the stupid bitch didn't kill someone.

What can you do?

:nut:

Kloubek
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I hate hate hate it when people drive slow in the fast lane. The worst is when they have someone matching their speed in the slow lane and you can't find a way to get even remotely close to the speed limit. That happened to me this morning - the entire distance of 68th to Deerfoot on 16th.

I think that for whatever reason, girls have a tougher time learning how to drive properly than guys do. However, there is no doubt in my mind that guys typically drive like dickheads on purpose much more often than girls do.

ragu
04-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Women being the most stupid/worst drivers?? I've never heard that before....:nut:

Grittle Cakes
04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ragu
Women being the most stupid/worst drivers?? I've never heard that before....:nut:

Well, as a senior citizen, I feel as though they are worst drivers every.

m3_powered
04-17-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure how many accidents has resulted from this or what the stats are, but more than often when I do see a young female driver using her cellphone behind the wheel I swear the bitch is fucking texting. I'm not saying men don't text, but I can't say it's anywhere amounts to females, at least to what I've seen. If you're one of those people get off the fucking road.:guns:

Civ2NR
04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
9 times out of 10 when I pass a chick and look over to check her out :poosie: she's on her cell phone. I was witness to an accident on Crowchild a few weeks ago where one girl rear ended another girl (I was the next car behind). Both of them jumped out of their cars still on their phones and I heard one of them said to the person on the other end of the line "OMG did you hear the crash?"

m3_powered
04-17-2009, 12:30 PM
^lol

Zhariak
04-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I hate hate hate it when people drive slow in the fast lane. The worst is when they have someone matching their speed in the slow lane and you can't find a way to get even remotely close to the speed limit. That happened to me this morning - the entire distance of 68th to Deerfoot on 16th.

I think that for whatever reason, girls have a tougher time learning how to drive properly than guys do. However, there is no doubt in my mind that guys typically drive like dickheads on purpose much more often than girls do.

I HATE HATE HATE the people your talking about, lol.

The most clear incident I recall off the top of my head. Some old lady in a Civic heading northbound towards the airport on deerfoot. She boxed everyone in for about 20 minutes matching the speed right beside two other cars...

The car beside her (not in the passing lane) actually was speeding up and slowing down trying to make room for people to pass the old lady in the fast lane... She kept matching the cars speed beside her...

Finally the car beside her GUNNED it, the old lady tried to too. Then as everyone was passing her fingering her, honking, and flashing their brights, she sat there smiling and pointing at her speedometer as if she was on a mission from god trying to make people not go above 100Km/hour...

Wow, I bet she feels special...

Grittle Cakes
04-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak

The most clear incident I recall off the top of my head. Some old lady in a Civic heading northbound towards the airport on deerfoot. She boxed everyone in for about 20 minutes matching the speed right beside two other cars...

The car beside her (not in the passing lane) actually was speeding up and slowing down trying to make room for people to pass the old lady in the fast lane... She kept matching the cars speed beside her...

Finally the car beside her GUNNED it, the old lady tried to too. Then as everyone was passing her fingering her, honking, and flashing their brights, she sat there smiling and pointing at her speedometer as if she was on a mission from god trying to make people not go above 100Km/hour...

As a senior citizen, I would like to be hooked up with this lady.

CMW403
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

yeah this is extremely typical here, but in europe this never happens. iv driven through Germany, France, Belgium, Italy and Switzerland and it is a HUGE improvement in driving skills and courtesy.

Shlade
04-17-2009, 12:52 PM
annoying annoying annoying
To add to it people texting while driving stopped at a red light and going like 10kmh on a green light until they finish their text! Bad road rage kicks in and i feel like an ass swerving around the car but the dumb bitch needs to gtfo the road!

Zhariak
04-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Once I was texting an ex girlfriend trying to organize some future fun....

I didn't know she was driving, general response time was around 20 seconds....

All of a sudden, she stops texting, I start sending a few texts asking where she went...

I got the "OMG, I just got in a car accident while texting you back"...

LIKE WTF, TELL ME YOUR DRIVING AND I WOULDA CALLED! lmao

/pwned

JEFFRIX
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Grittle Cakes

Well, as a senior citizen.

you shouldn't even be allowed near a steering wheel granny :nut:

Godfuader
04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Whats worse is: puttin on the damn make-up!!!! :guns:

At least with cell phones they are looking in the right direction. The make up chicks turn the rear mirror to face them and are now not even loooking at the road. Pulled up to a chick on Country Hills yesterday morning after I noticed the swerving. When she saw me glaring at her...the right hand slowly moved the mirror back to its position and she was looking straight as an arrow for the next few minutes. :facepalm:

SRT10Killer
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I talk on my phone once and a while, but I think guys in general are more responsible with cell phones and driving. With the 'stupid spoiled whore' look bieng all the rage, girls tend to wear big sunglasses and drive like idiots for attention.

That's hilarious the big sunglasses, wtf is the point... are they trying to hide their whole face... try a space helmet then

JTC180
04-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I never text when im driving, and if I get a call I wait until its safe then throw the phone on speakerphone and put it down beside me. Best way to deal with calls etc, but not using your phone is even better.

m3_powered
04-17-2009, 05:18 PM

I encountered these heroes a couple times while cruising the Transcanada going to Banff.:guns:

m3_powered
04-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

At least with cell phones they are looking in the right direction. The make up chicks turn the rear mirror to face them and are now not even loooking at the road. Pulled up to a chick on Country Hills yesterday morning after I noticed the swerving. When she saw me glaring at her...the right hand slowly moved the mirror back to its position and she was looking straight as an arrow for the next few minutes. :facepalm:
I like to stare at the girl when she's applying her lipstick/makeup, then when she looks I pucker my lips at her with a big grin:bigpimp:

96integra
04-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I mean, we pay more of insurance,

That used to be the case but didnt they change that because it was being sexist?

As a senior citizen, I would like to be hooked up with this lady.

As a senior citizen, you should retire and gtfo the road ;)

pyroza
04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
They passed a law down here last year where you have to use a hands free device, and a law was passed a few months ago banning texting/emailing while driving. I still see people doing it and it really pisses me off

bashir26
04-17-2009, 06:27 PM
I was talking to a firefighter about a month ago and this is what he said

"Woman try to be so safe on the road, that they actually become dangerous to themselves and others"

Mitsu3000gt
04-17-2009, 08:56 PM
IMO, the worst drivers by a significant margin are middle aged to old women. I don't know what it is, but EVERY SINGLE TIME someone is stopped in a merge lane, almost changes lanes into me, stops in the middle of the road to get over to a lane they don't need for like 5km, etc. etc. etc. its a middle-old aged woman. Anyone can be a bad driver, of course, but 95% of the ones I see fit the above criteria.

heavyD
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by JTC180
I never text when im driving

Well I sure fucking hope not. Just mentioning that makes me cringe at the thought of how brain dead a person would need to be to actually think that's okay.

Shunsui
04-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by pyroza
They passed a law down here last year where you have to use a hands free device, and a law was passed a few months ago banning texting/emailing while driving. I still see people doing it and it really pisses me off
Really is that true? Cause I sometimes text between red lights is that okay?

Stealth22
04-18-2009, 12:33 AM
^^^ Writer of that post lives in California, so LEGALLY, I don't think you have anything to worry about

TorqueDog
04-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Shunsui
Really is that true? Cause I sometimes text between red lights is that okay? I will text at red lights, but as soon as that light changes, I stop. If the phone is docked, I just let it be. If it isn't, I'll throw it on the seat next to me or in the console. It's not that important.

rumeo
04-18-2009, 10:12 AM

All of a sudden, she stops texting, I start sending a few texts asking where she went...

/pwned

talking on the cell while driving is just as bad

chkolny541
04-18-2009, 11:04 AM

/pwned

hahah funny you said this, i had the EXACT same experience
my ex gf's dad was texting me and we text back and forth like 3 times or so, then suddenly he doesnt text back at all. So when i went over to her house the next day i found out he rear ended someone when the light turned red as he was texting me back. His car was BRAND NEW, drove off the lot the previous day (paid 45k for some jeep)

Dalma
04-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Anyone driving in the city with a Cell Phone in their hand simply drives me crazy.

403Gemini
04-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Old asian women = recipe for disaster ;)

methodicreign
04-19-2009, 01:27 PM
I especially love the paris hilton wanna be bitchs, with thier little pound and a half piece of shit dor on thier lap with the big sunglasses and a cell phone in one hand and a fucking lattee in the other sterring with who knows what. Driving is a privalidge not a right and as soon as people catch on to that the roads will be a safer place. I want to show everyone of these dumb bitchs what an air bag would do to thier precious little barking rat.

funkedelic2
04-19-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.cellphonesafety.org/images/distraction.jpg i see this shit daily

msommers
04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
You know why girls behave like this? Well, according to just about every woman I've driven with, it's because, "So I'm a girl, guys will understand....hahaha...kidding!" Ya right...and I'm taking you out for dinner because I want to be friends.

JordanEG6
04-20-2009, 08:09 AM

HAHAHAHA oh man I run into these old bitches once in awhile. I hate them. Especially when they know for a fact they SHOULD be in the slow lanes.

FivE.SeveN
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
^ Fuck me.. .these are the reasons why I keep a ton of extra whp handy. Try to match my speed in your POS civic now bitch

Anyway, the OP's trolling pretty hard but it's funny 'cause it backfired. Everyone has stories about that Dumb Bitch putting on makeup, eating lunch, texting, and holding her little rat dog all while doing 80 in the fast lane on deerfoot.

*edit*

"So I'm a girl, guys will understand....hahaha...kidding!" Ya right...and I'm taking you out for dinner because I want to be friends.

Haha, this made me laugh pretty good :rofl:

LadyLuck
04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Speaking of make-up,

This morning on my way to work, I had a chick in mazda 3 behind me from centre street all the way to northmoutn drive putting on her make up while driving.

I kept looking back in my rear view mirror and she managed to apply everything within about 5 minutes.

I came up to a red light on 4th and Northmount drive and as I looked back I thought she was going to rear end me while putting on her eye liner, she slammed on her breaks and jabbed her eye liner pencil in her eye :rofl:

Zhariak
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
What makes me angry is the big women, driving BIG trucks, lol.

I was just at an intersection where a big 50 wheeler (its not 50, but it has 3-4 turning points on the trailer... HUGE TRUCK) was turning... This thing needs like 3 lanes.... I stop behind him in the lane to the left of him, so he'd know hes got the area to move...

All of a sudden this HUGE chick, in a HUGE yellow truck starts honking at me, NON stop, pointing at me, and doing the WTF hand motions....

The light goes green, the truck goes turning, the belly of the trailer is in my lane, and this b*tch is STILLL friggin honking...

I don't get it. Even if there was someone on a motorbike, they wouldn't have enough room to be beside this truck...

The guy in the truck that follows behind the HUGE truck (beside me with his Wideload lights on), kept looking back and giving her the WTF, lmao...

Someone tell me I did something wrong... lmao

95EagleAWD
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I would have got out and said something to her, at least to shut her the fuck up.

Zhariak
04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
I would have got out and said something to her, at least to shut her the fuck up.

Like, I'm not trying to sound sexist, but like why are some women so ignorant when they are in their vehicle...

Once I was lined up to goto a car wash... 2 Lane entrance, this chick blinged out to the nines (looked like a realtor), in a big truck with her 5 year old daughter, just sitting in the lineup, no cars infront of her... I was behind her waiting, because I didn't want to budge (i didn't want to get into the 2nd lane entrance.

Waited about 90 seconds, shes still not moving, finally I go into the other lane thinking she was having vehicle problems or something, went slow too not to be rude just incase...

The crazy woman turns out she was reading papers, or something. She notices I jumped in the other lane, she GUNS it, almost hits me... Open's her winder (shes to the left of my vehicle), and starts CUSSING me out infront of her 5 year old daughter...

I apologize, and she KEEPS GOING, finally I start getting agitated, and explain that I thought she was having vehicle problems, SHE KEPT FREAKING OUT...

FINALLY i told her to shut the fuck up, and pay more attention to the road and her sorroundings. And if shes busy doing other stuff, she shouldn't be sitting on the road expecting vehicles to stop for her, and give her the right of way.

She starts swearing at this point, tells me to learn some f*cking respect. I snap, and tell her she needs to learn some respect and shes setting a poor example for her daughter, she then asks me why Im talking to her like this infront of her daughter, "why do you need to talk to me liek that"....

I'm sitting there jaw dropped, wondering if she has multiple personalities or something.... Close my window, wait for a bay to become free, and shes STILL spazzing out with my window closed.

Finally I just drive away to an exit along the waiting line cuz I was embarrassed.

:dunno: WTF?

canuckcarguy
04-21-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm not convinced that women are any worse than men at "multi-tasking" behind the wheel.

But to add to their reputation, last summer I was watching a woman behind me driving fairly erratically. She was drinking from a pop can, and seemed very distracted. Sure enough, I'm ahead of her and the lights turn red, I slow down to stop, she reacts late, and then overreacts by slamming on her brakes, swerving into the other lane, and only just avoiding my bumper. Good thing, too, because there was a line of traffic, and if she had hit me, I would likely have rolled into the guy in front of me, and so on.

But whatever, we all have our moments, right? She pulls up next to me, screaming, rolls down her window, and pitches her Pepsi can right at my car. Scared the hell out of my wife, who turns just in time to see this pop can come shooting toward her window. Fortunately, it hit the glass, no damage, just Pepsi everywhere.

To my eternal embarrassment, she lost me in traffic a few blocks later, after running a red light - I wasn't prepared to follow her.

The best part is that I had her license plate, but the police declined to do anything, saying it was a "he-said, she-said" situation.
:dunno:

Zhariak
04-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
I'm not convinced that women are any worse than men at "multi-tasking" behind the wheel.

But to add to their reputation, last summer I was watching a woman behind me driving fairly erratically. She was drinking from a pop can, and seemed very distracted. Sure enough, I'm ahead of her and the lights turn red, I slow down to stop, she reacts late, and then overreacts by slamming on her brakes, swerving into the other lane, and only just avoiding my bumper. Good thing, too, because there was a line of traffic, and if she had hit me, I would likely have rolled into the guy in front of me, and so on.

But whatever, we all have our moments, right? She pulls up next to me, screaming, rolls down her window, and pitches her Pepsi can right at my car. Scared the hell out of my wife, who turns just in time to see this pop can come shooting toward her window. Fortunately, it hit the glass, no damage, just Pepsi everywhere.

To my eternal embarrassment, she lost me in traffic a few blocks later, after running a red light - I wasn't prepared to follow her.

The best part is that I had her license plate, but the police declined to do anything, saying it was a "he-said, she-said" situation.
:dunno:

Well you took this better than most of us would...

So if some chick says you grabbed her boob, you'd get arrested, but if u (a male) says some chick threw something at your vehicle while road raging, its "he said she said".

Gotta love our justice system.

Once a group of young shitheads threw a steel coffe mug out their window late at night, almost smoked my windshield (my SUV was brand new at the time). I was chasing them, while calling the cops, cops wouldn't do anything and told me to stop chasing them, I said "right....."

I got up beside them, telling them to pull over and stuff, they kept laughing and wouldn't, we got going pretty fast, finally came towards a red light, I decided not to run it cuz there was traffic, they blew through it, along with another red light positioned right after it...

ExtraSlow
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Coles notes: I was driving with my cellphone while racing another vehicle, but I wasn't doing anything wrong.

canuckcarguy
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM

Well you took this better than most of us would...

So if some chick says you grabbed her boob, you'd get arrested, but if u (a male) says some chick threw something at your vehicle while road raging, its "he said she said".

Gotta love our justice system.

Once a group of young shitheads threw a steel coffe mug out their window late at night, almost smoked my windshield (my SUV was brand new at the time). I was chasing them, while calling the cops, cops wouldn't do anything and told me to stop chasing them, I said "right....."

I got up beside them, telling them to pull over and stuff, they kept laughing and wouldn't, we got going pretty fast, finally came towards a red light, I decided not to run it cuz there was traffic, they blew through it, along with another red light positioned right after it...

Yeah, I definitely tried to keep up with her, but she blew through a red light into a busy intersection, and there was no way I could follow her even remotely safely. I still keep an eye out for her car, though...

scat19
04-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Yesterday, white car. Going 30 in a 50, right indicator on, shes in the left lane. Cell phone, blond ditz. I honk as I drive past her, she jumped, slammed on the brakes and I swear that xterra almost hit her - there was NO one for 10 car length in front of her. I wish I was beside her in a red light to yell at her. Sigh.

And whats up with douchebag GUYS in trucks? wow. Yesterday, he was totally in the wrong, cut me off hardcore, If i didn't slam on the brakes he would of came across my hood, and he broke, got out, fingered me, and continued out. He wouldnt let me get out though... probably would of done something I would regret.

TravisD62
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah those big truck oil rig dickheads suck. it was one of those brutally icy winter days and i had one tailgating me big time as i was doing the speed limit in a 50 zone by a school. i slowed down to piss him off and then he honked his horn and flipped me off so i pulled over. right as i got out he unsheathed this crazy looking samurai sword at me in front of his windshield. needless to say i shut right up and got back in my car. worst thing ever, he was an asshole for driving like a jackass and i still ended up looking like a bitch!