PDA

View Full Version : FS: Apple Cinema Display 20"

freakin
04-17-2009, 10:48 AM
This monitor is newer, aluminum model and is in excellent shape. There are no scratches on the case or screen, no dead or stuck pixels, even illumination and no color shift or pink hue.

If you're not familiar with these monitors, it's a S-IPS panel, and perfect for color-sensitive work. You wont see a color shift when you turn your head like you do with a TFT or PVA panel. I use it for video and photo editing and loved it. It's a DVI connection, so it will work on a Mac or a PC. It also has 2 USB and 2 FireWire 400 ports on the back of it. The only reason that I am selling it is because I'm upgrading to the 23" version to have a bit more real-estate.

Apple just pulled this model off of the site in the last week or so. They're in the middle of refreshing their monitors to be more like the 24" LED Cinema display. Unfortunately that also means the new model will have a glossy panel and be mini-display port connection only. So if you don't have a brand new Macbook, mini or Pro that's about a month old, you won't be able to use the new ones anyhow. My 20" model will is still the only monitor that Apple offers in that size and as I mentioned above is DVI, so it will work on any Mac or PC with a DVI port.

Here's a link to the monitor on Apple's refurb site.
Even as a refurbished monitor, Apple is still asking for $579:
http://store.apple.com/ca/product/F9177LL/A?mco=MjE0NzU0OA

I'm asking (SOLD) for mine. If anyone would like to take a look at it before buying it, they're welcome to stop by and see it hooked up. I can run some uncompressed HD footage on it as well, so you can get a good feel for the image quality of this monitor.

:closed:

freakin
04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I realize that this is short notice, but If anyone in Edmonton is interested in this monitor, I'll be up there around 5-6pm to pick up the 23" that I'm replacing it with. If you get a hold of me before I head out (2PM at the latest), I'd be happy to take it up with me for you to look at it.

freakin
04-19-2009, 07:38 PM
:closed: Monitor is sold :closed: