PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for things to eat after having wisdom teeth removed?

pyroza
04-17-2009, 05:51 PM
I had all four removed a couple of days ago and I'd like some recommendations for things to eat. Soup, jello and ice cream have gotten pretty old. I can eat some soft foods, so I was thinking maybe a pasta dish or something

pinoyhero
04-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Magic bullets are your friend ...

blend frozen berries, spinach, almond butter and some water ... get some nutrients to help you heal

nonlinear
04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
just eat the T3s, and you'll be fine muhahhaha. ask if they'll give you T4s.

em2ab
04-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Jello? Who took them out? I had all 4 of mine removed and ate a sandwich that night. I still have the bottle of Vicadin here somewhere, didn't need them. You got butchered.

AE92_TreunoSC
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Mine hurt like a mofo as they were really impacted, I bled for quite awhile too.

I ate a lot of pastas and cereals the few days after the surgery, but really it doesnt take long to eat solids again.

pyroza
04-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
Jello? Who took them out? I had all 4 of mine removed and ate a sandwich that night. I still have the bottle of Vicadin here somewhere, didn't need them. You got butchered.

All four were impacted pretty badly... apparently they had to cut them all up before they could be removed.

It's more my jaw than anything

carzcraz
04-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Fiance had instant oatmeal, mashed potatoes and gravy (purchased from KFC).

AMFH403
04-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Try Congee easy to swallow.

nonlinear
04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
they tell you not to smoke or drink from straws so you don't suck out the clots (:barf: ), but when i got out of my session, first thing i did was light up a smoke. i smoked the whole time and never had a problem. pretty much ate anything, too. you just have to be a bit careful.

Thomas Gabriel
04-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
just eat the T3s, and you'll be fine muhahhaha. ask if they'll give you T4s.

Screw that get percocet.

SJW
04-18-2009, 11:59 AM
All I ate for one week was frostys from wendys.

GQBalla
04-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I was one of the lucky ones. Hehe
I ate kfc right after my surgery I was just to damn hungry.

Ate solid foods throughout the whole healing process.

EK 2.0
04-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Rice Pudding was key for me...

Plus I ate a lot of rice and curry....when soaked in curry the rice was soft enough for my law to handle....

jsn
04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
for the first day I had alot of those meal replacement drinks. I think its called ensure... i forget.

Disoblige
04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
I had all 4 taken out when I was in grade 10 and they too had to chop them up and slice my gums to get them out.

I ate congee (very smooth, no chunks) and ice cream. I hated jello because it had a hard time going down (gets all around your mouth, stuck in places, etc). At some point I got so damn tired of wet foods that I ate some fruits or something. It kept opening up the flaps I had in my gums that they cut, starting the healing process all over again haha. I also liked really creamy alfredo though. Goes down easy!

In the end, I ended up losing like 10 pounds for the ordeal.

bball2
04-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I mostly just ate mashed potatoes and protein shakes after I got mine out (all 4). It was about 3 or 4 days before I could go back to eating normally.

4lti7ude
04-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Mac N Cheese.
You can just swallow the noodles if there soft.

Jynx
04-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Jamaican Meat paties

04es
04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
i had 4 taken out, i swelled up real bad and i was stupid, i ate rice, worst idea ever.

congee is wicked basically anything u dont have to chew lol

eblend
04-20-2009, 08:02 AM
My wife drunk Yop yogurt pretty much the whole time

HHURICANE1
04-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I had all 4 out at once and went to McD's for a Big Mac after. Little hard to open the mouth wide enough though. :D

Pollywog
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Somewhat unrelated, but any of you also get your wisdom teeth taken out while awake?

Afrodeziak
04-20-2009, 12:00 PM
yogurt, banana's, pudding to name a few.

ZedMan
04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Somewhat unrelated, but any of you also get your wisdom teeth taken out while awake?

Yup, mine weren't bad, though, just the top 2 and they weren't sideways or anything weird.

Felt pretty weird, no pain but still weird to feel the dentist prying out your teetth.

The most painful part was the damn freezing.

z24_wheels
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

Yup. Bottoms were fine, but the top teeth were deep. I remember the "dentist" tilted the table so my head was down and my feet were up (blood rushing to my head), then he made the incision to get at the first tooth. Blood squirted into the back of my throat and I gagged...all while the scalpel was still in my mouth.

I was in shock for an hour afterwards and they wouldn't let me leave.

I didn't eat for two days. Drank water.

Lagerstatten.ca
04-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Had all 4 taken out by Dr. Tung (Brentwood) and had steak the same night. Not bad - minus the drooling. No swelling of the cheeks either, so I highly recommend going to him if you need any teeth taken out.

pattyt
04-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah mine were completely impacted and under the gums, so i had issues with this too. I survived on oatmeal and cream of wheat for a week . GL

sdiep
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Random question, but can you still wear your contacts during the surgery? My glasses aren't up to date with my current eye prescription since I rarely resort to them either way.

Lilac Wine
04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
After a couple days I was craving meat so bad. I got a cheap cheese burger from McDonalds and cut it up into small peices.

azn_gq
05-01-2009, 10:22 AM
CONGEE!! worked wonders for me.. many different flavors so it wasn't always the same boring thing for me

toyboy88
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
+1 for congee.

bignerd
05-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Scrambled eggs, yogurt, baby food, apple sauce. You may be able to eat some small noodles, basically anything that can easily slide down your throat... I might of had some canned peaches too, cut up small you can just swallow them with no chewing.

For me the pain was not so much from my gums where the teeth were pulled, the but the freaking stiffness and soreness in my jaw and not being able to move my jaw or open my mouth.

Jonel
05-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Did mine while I was awake, burning tooth is the grossest thing I've ever tasted in my life. And I've eaten a lot of weird stuff like seal soup from NF or deep friend snake chops.

As for food, I mostly had soup and what not. My mom made chicken macaroni soup the following night iirc and I turned it into a shake after a few seconds in the blender =P

xolemonteaox
05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
has anyone been to the Dr. Angelus Karmis from Scotia Dental Care? i'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled out this friday...:cry:

Adrenaline101
05-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I had all 4 of mine taken out at the same time. Hearing your teeth break in your mouth is disgusting.

On a better note, I was eating popcorn chicken and french fries that very night. I didnt have to change my diet too much other than making sure i rinsed out my mouth alot. That and they gave me antibiotics along with my ketorolac so I could have eaten rotten seafood and prolly still not had an infection.

xolemonteaox
05-10-2009, 12:24 PM
just had mine out...baby food is my new best friend
i also have yop and congee for my diet...

i iced it for a long long time.. but the puffy-ness didn't go away...it was even worst on the second day!

it hurts like mad for me
couldn't stop crying the night i got it out

it's the third day.. and i still have some bleeding..is that normal?

Thomas Gabriel
05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Naw you shouldn't be bleeding on the third day. You have to make sure the packing is nice and tight or it won't heal. Shouldn't hurt either...I think you got jipped on the painkillers lol.