PDA

View Full Version : Where to get an electric fireplace fixed?

canadian_hustla
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey guys,

My electric fireplace died out on me so now I am wondering where I can get it fixed. The switches no longer turn the unit on and I am sitting here freeezing because I turned my heat down to save $$$ :rofl: It is one of those portable $300 cheap ones fom RONA. It would be ideal to find a shop that is open on weekends.

any ideas?

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5044/8388102.jpg

Amysicle
04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm wondering if you can just get an electrician to come out and fix it. Does it have to be through a shop? Maybe call Sears Home Central?

topmade
04-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't think it's in line with an electrician, but more a Electronics repair shop, like someplace you would take a broken TV and there might be some mobile repair joints if you look in the phonebook.

canadian_hustla
04-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by topmade
I don't think it's in line with an electrician, but more a Electronics repair shop, like someplace you would take a broken TV and there might be some mobile repair joints if you look in the phonebook.

good point. does anyone have a good one in mind?

TomcoPDR
04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
What about getting the symatics from the manufacturer and just take a look at the fuses, wiring, etc... and just make sure they're all in good order.

Could be as easy as replacing a burnt wire.