PDA

View Full Version : Mav's Get Walker...

PGTze
10-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Holy crap, the Dallas Mavericks Traded Raef LaFrentz, Chris Mills, and someone else I can't remember, to the Boston Celtics for Antwan Walker, and Tony Delk.

Now this is just getting to be retarded. The Mav's can actually start FIVE All Stars (Nowitzki, Jamison, Walker, Finley, and Nash). This years NBA season should be really exciting to watch :rolleyes:. The Lakers are now one All Star behind the Mav's. They had better go out and trade for another one quick before they look like cheapskates :rolleyes:. Looks like I won't be needing to watch any NBA Games until the Western Conference finals (aka NBA championship winner).

Gosh Darnet Golly Gee eh, the NBA's rich teams are turning the league into their own video game. Some teams are starting to look like the ones I would stack in NBA Live. Fun to play, booooring to watch :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

roopi
10-21-2003, 10:40 AM
What was Boston thinking on this one?

max_boost
10-21-2003, 11:26 AM
No shit......

Boston got jacked hardcore on this one

bigboom
10-21-2003, 01:28 PM
the only thing with a high power team like that...everyone is basically going to want the ball. sure nash and finley arent as selfish but you try getting the ball to walker, nowitzki and jamison and keep them happy.

Ajay
10-21-2003, 03:41 PM
I like this trade....Walker is a post player and you KNOW he's not gonna get his opportunity to hoist up three's playing on Dallas with Nowitzki, Finley, and Nash sharing the same floor.

Now Dallas has some up front presence. Sucks for Boston...they did get jacked...this is only helping the Western Conference get stronger! Now Boston is all Pierce for sure!

max_boost
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
The West is getting ridiculous. Every team is stacked. I bet you the 8th place team in the West can win the East, too much disparity.

PGTze
10-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
Now Dallas has some up front presence.

Are you serious??? Walker will get eaten alive in the post in the west man. He lives around the three point line. Walker makes Lafrentz look like a beast inside.

On the flip side of things... I do agree that boston got jacked, but in a way this will help them. Now Peirce doesn't have to share the ball with the trigger happy Walker, I think he could win MVP this year for that reason. Also, Lafrentz is better then people give him credit for, and he wont get pushed around in the east nearly as much as in the west. The Celtics are down with launching 3's all day too, so he should be a better fit chamestry wise than Walker will be in Dallas.

SoSlowDx
10-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
The West is getting ridiculous. Every team is stacked. I bet you the 8th place team in the West can win the East, too much disparity.

:werd:

another western conference championship

yankeefan
10-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Boston was glad to get rid of walker, he couldnt have played worse then he did in the playoffs last year. Kenyon Martin made him look terrible. If and its a big if, but if Vin baker can come back and play solid. They should be fine with out him. Or at least the same around the 6-7 spot in the east.

Think they got a first round pick in the trade also, which is good along with lafrentz.

Ajay
10-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

Are you serious??? Walker will get eaten alive in the post in the west man. He lives around the three point line. Walker makes Lafrentz look like a beast inside.

I'm not saying Walker is a dominant post player but he's alot better than what Dallas used to have. Obviously he's not gonna go head to head with Shaq or Rasheed or Duncan and come out the victor most of the time. I mean c'mon....Shawn Bradley in the post...or Antoine Walker in the post. Of course you're gonna go with Walker. Dallas is a shooting team and with the amount of long range threats they have I'm sure Walker's role will NOT be around that three point area rather in the post. Don Nelson will probably bench him if he launches a three with the three point talent they have on that team.

Lafrentz is a decent player....but he's one of those players that was amazing in college and has yet to find a home in the NBA. He was a BIG disappointment in Denver and he turned out to be kind of the same in Dallas. Hopefully Boston is a better fit for him.

All I can say is...Pierce baby....it's gonna be his year!

And about Baker...that boy has sucked royal goats ass since he left Milwaukee. When Baker, and Robinson were with the Bucks that was a pretty good combo. Now Baker is nothing but a $7 Million + disappointment.

pinoyhero
10-21-2003, 06:55 PM
No center = no championship, enough said.

M32003
10-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

yeah, but these things happen in cycles, remember a few years ago when East dominated?
Should be interesting to see Mavs, Spurs, Lakers fight it out

RiCE-DaDDy
10-21-2003, 08:26 PM
wont work, 5 all stars like that cant work on the court at the same time. k nowitzki, jamison and definitely walker takes tons of shots a game. there wont be enough to go around.

pinoyhero
10-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
wont work, 5 all stars like that cant work on the court at the same time. k nowitzki, jamison and definitely walker takes tons of shots a game. there wont be enough to go around.

I second that Nash and Jam have no prob sharing the ball but the other, toine for sure need to take their shots. I mentioned this in another post but I like Mavs trading with Pacers, Toine and Jam for Oneal and Miller (or Artest).

max_boost
10-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
No center = no championship, enough said. WEnnington, Longely, Perdue :D
The Bulls did it :D
They did hack a shaq to perfection!:rofl:

Ajay
10-21-2003, 11:40 PM
Yah I'll agree with that one....that's all the five men for Chicago were good for.

Think Walker is gonna have to accept the fact that the Mav's aren't his team and he's gonna have to stop jacking up the ball whenever he get's a chance. This is his best chance so far to win a championship....going from a mid level team in the East to one of the more dominant teams in the West.

This season for sure will be fun to watch....can't wait for it to start!

PGTze
10-22-2003, 12:04 AM

I second that Nash and Jam have no prob sharing the ball but the other, toine for sure need to take their shots. I mentioned this in another post but I like Mavs trading with Pacers, Toine and Jam for Oneal and Miller (or Artest).

I highly doubt that would happen, the Pacers are not going to let go of O'neal.

It should be interesting to see if Walker can handle sharing the ball so much. I don't think he will be able to do it, he had a hard enough time sharing the shots with Pierce. You never know though, maybey he will put the team ahead of his stats :dunno:.

accordboi_02
10-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by M32003

yeah, but these things happen in cycles, remember a few years ago when East dominated?
Should be interesting to see Mavs, Spurs, Lakers fight it out

Don't forget about the T-Wolves this year... they've really added to their team, and KG has some good support for once now!!!

As long as the Lakers don't win, I'm happy!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PGTze
10-23-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

Don't forget about the T-Wolves this year... they've really added to their team, and KG has some good support for once now!!

They are deffinetly the sleeper of the West I'd say. Sprewell was a killer addition for sure.

pinoyhero
10-23-2003, 05:36 AM

They are deffinetly the sleeper of the West I'd say. Sprewell was a killer addition for sure.

Are you serious, you think that the T-Wolves, with arguably the most versatile player in he game and a real decent supporting cast is a sleeper team? They are top five in the NBA they were last year and they will be again this year.

lammer
10-23-2003, 03:52 PM
GO MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES! hahahahah.

PGTze
10-23-2003, 04:35 PM

Are you serious, you think that the T-Wolves, with arguably the most versatile player in he game and a real decent supporting cast is a sleeper team? They are top five in the NBA they were last year and they will be again this year.

OK so maybey sleeper wasn't the best word to describe them :rofl:

I just meant to say that not nearly as many people are picking them to win it all ahead of Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Mavs, ect..

pinoyhero
10-23-2003, 06:00 PM

OK so maybey sleeper wasn't the best word to describe them :rofl:

I just meant to say that not nearly as many people are picking them to win it all ahead of Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Mavs, ect..

I agree they could break into the top four in the west this year, didn't mean to sound so argumentative.