PDA

View Full Version : for all you RSX guys out there

sk65guy
04-18-2009, 03:48 AM
Hey guy i was looking to get some help i just had a few questions and hoping to get the answer. I have a 2004 rsx premium model, Now what i was wondering is if i could use a header ( a DC Sport Ceramic Header) for a type S on my premium model. Also im going to be putting on a type S stock exhaust to if that makes a difference not to sure, or if the type S exhaust will even fit. I heard it will fit, but requires a tiny bit of modification. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS GUYS

Mr_ET
04-18-2009, 07:21 AM
I would skip the type S exhaust. It will look slightly better but as far as performance gains you won't see much.

Greddy as an example lists 2 different exhausts for the type S vs the base engine so there may be some differences in making it all fit.

I would honestly recommend something like a Greddy SP2 or an Apex'i WS series exhaust if you want some gains, great quality, something still fairly quiet and something that will sound better overall.

I would only look at a type S one if it's free or dirt cheap and can easily be adapted.

DGill
04-18-2009, 11:02 AM
+ 1 on the Greddy SP2 :thumbsup:

sk65guy
04-18-2009, 02:14 PM
ohh kk but like say if i have an exhaust for a type s and Dc Headers which are meant for the type s will i have a huge problem getting these to fit

Revhard
04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by sk65guy
ohh kk but like say if i have an exhaust for a type s and Dc Headers which are meant for the type s will i have a huge problem getting these to fit

No, you will not. The differences are from the factory on the exhaust, to my knowledge the chassis is identical for all intents and purposes.
A DC header meant for type-s will bolt-up to type-s exhaust.

89s1
04-19-2009, 11:45 AM
but will a type s header bolt up to a base model engine?

same manifold flange?

Mr_ET
04-19-2009, 12:02 PM
yes