PDA

View Full Version : Archery

Rat Fink
04-20-2009, 12:32 AM

Rat Fink
04-22-2009, 02:28 PM

statick
05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Don't reach for that sceptre quite yet. I also enjoy archery.

I shoot a compound bow myself, but will bridge over to a long bow or recurve bow in a few years. I presume you are primarily a target shooter rather than a hunter? I'm a hunter, but that, of course, involves much target practice, as well.

Do you practice at the Calgary Archery Centre? Are you interested in outdoor shooting? I'm a member of the Calgary Archers Club and do most of my shooting there.

Aim hard,
statick

CMW403
05-15-2009, 08:23 PM
i fucking LOVED archery when i did it last year in phys ed 20.

my cousin has a real nice compound bow i would enjoy going out to a range and ripping on that thing. how much does it cost?

spikerS
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I have wanted to take up archery for quite some time, and hunt with a bow for years now, just never found a place locally to buy a compound bow.

I know there is an outdoor range on highway 8, just outside of the city limits, and have been meaning to stop for some advice.

statick
05-28-2009, 05:31 AM
Jim Bows Archery, in the NE of Calgary, is a great place to go, for advice, purchases and shooting. A compound bow, with everything that you will need, can be had for roughly $700, if you are buying new.

spikers - The club which you are referring to is the Calgary Archers Club, of which I am a member. The gate is locked, so I'm not sure how you would get in to talk to the folks :dunno: , but check out their website and feel free to ask me any questions.

flipstah
11-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I started liking archery too and I'm interested in getting a recurve bow to start things off.

How much should I expect for everything (bow, arrows, accessories) and does any Beyonders have recommendations?

A friend of mine recommended a Samick Sage, while another recommended PSE... I have no idea lol.