PDA

View Full Version : 09/10 Audi A4

likwid
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
I am interested in the new Audi A4's and am wondering if anyone has any experiences they can share with us. I have yet to drive one, but the looks and stats seem great. How is performance on the 4 cylinder turbo engine? Handling? Interior? etc.

Thanks!

Xtrema
04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Have not driven one because I'm waiting for DSG but interior is top notch in class.

Most review tend to prefer 2.0T then 3.2 as the sportier of the 2.

Aleks
04-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I drove the new 3.2 V6. Was not impressed. The rest of the car is very nice, albeit still pretty cramped inside.

I haven't driven the new 2.0T yet but I can imagine it would be better than the one I have since they revised it.

The_Rural_Juror
04-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I prefer the 2.0T over the 3.2. You won't notice the difference when driving around the city.

Drive is less bumpy than the 3-series, although the road feel is muted enough to take away some of the sportiness. I test drove the selective drive/suspension, so I am not sure how the regular ride feels.

I love the center console. The B&O is a great sound system, probably better than the BMW Logic7.

I might have a carcostcanada report on the A4 around here somewhere if you are interested.

JTC180
04-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I prefered the 3 series over the A4 simply because of the manual transmission and it was a better drive, overall the Audi has a nicer interior and is more of a cruiser.

likwid
04-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
I prefer the 2.0T over the 3.2. You won't notice the difference when driving around the city.

Drive is less bumpy than the 3-series, although the road feel is muted enough to take away some of the sportiness. I test drove the selective drive/suspension, so I am not sure how the regular ride feels.

I love the center console. The B&O is a great sound system, probably better than the BMW Logic7.

I might have a carcostcanada report on the A4 around here somewhere if you are interested.

Sure I'd love to see your report!

Thanks for the feedback thus far guys.

B18C
04-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I test drove the A4 (auto) a couple months back. I found the 2.0T to be underpowered and didn't like the transmission on the 3.2. The interior is nice but does seem a bit cramped. The trunk is also decievingly small. The only way to fit a set golf bag in the back is with the woods taken out. I'd take a look at the 3 series and the c-class benz if you are interested in the A4.

benyl
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I drove one last weekend.

2.0T with the slushbox.

Shifting is slow compared to the 335i autotragic.

The car feels much bigger inside than a 3 series. It is "floaty" compared to the last gen A4 (which I have driven extensively).

Brakes were ok. Power lacked, but if I were to get it, I would chip it right away.

MMI > IDrive

Interior is great. Exterior... undecided.

lint
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I took a 2.0T a4 and a q5 for a spin on the weekend. Driven the 2.0T GTI before and was familiar with the engine. Power response is very nice, lag was minimal and the torque is great. The auto shifted smoothly and the cabin really isolated road noise, was hard to tell how fast I was going. Handling was fine on the road, but felt a little overly strong/overly powered maneuvering around the parking lot. I tried out the select drive as well. Throttle response, steering was much better in dynamic mode, while comfort was just that. Softer ride, more lag in the throttle. Nice to have the options.

Space wise, I think it's a big improvement over the previous gen. Leg room in the rear was very good. Even with the drivers seat adjusted properly, I had a good 7-10 cms of knee room behind the driver. No complaints on shoulder room either, although it was better in the q5. Controls were nicely laid out and I think Audi has one of the nicest interiors, no disappointment here. The seats were really comfortable as well.

This review is a little choppy, but just jotting down my thoughts.

likwid
04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Not sure if anyone would know this, but how does the new A4 compare to current model Lexus IS250, Nissan Maxima, and Mercedes C300?