PDA

View Full Version : Dear Silver Civic driver on crowchild this morning, 8:25am

kevie88
04-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Hello, I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know I'm sorry.

I was the driver of the blue Subaru.

I should have never attempted to change lanes on crowchild.

How stupid of me.

I could tell by your constant blocking attempts (speeding up when I did, slowing down when I did) that people changing lanes seriously offends you. I could tell by your fingering, and telling me you were going to kill me that I caused you some serious mental distress.

I shouldn't have lowered myself to your level and given you the finger in return either. That was wrong of me. If you had caught me in the afternoon when I'm less irritable I would have simply ignored you.

All in all, I hope that god and mankind will forgive me for the horror I cause you by changing lanes.

there, I feel better haha

EK 2.0
04-21-2009, 10:51 AM
On behalf of all Civic drivers...

I forgive you...:D

GQBalla
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
hehe glad it wasn't me :D

Super_Geo
04-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Were you blitzing down an empty passing lane and then tried merging into the bogged down main lane right at the last minute?

Not saying that you were, but I think it's a huge doucebag move when people try to pull it. For example:

Left - Center - Right

Left and Center lanes are for through traffic, and it's bogged down and slow as shit. The right lane is a turn-off lane and is pretty much empty. If someone streaks down the Right lane and then tries to merge into the Center lane at the last second I will typically do exactly what Kevie just described: speed up to close the gap so he can't merge, and then slow down with him so he can't get behind me. I don't get angry, swear or flip people off... I just stay exactly parallel with the guy for as long as possible to make merging as difficult a procedure as possible.

Everyone else waited, you're not a special snowflake that gets to cut to the front of the line.

kevie88
04-21-2009, 11:25 AM
^No, I was trying to get over from the center lane to the 53rd street offramp so I could drop the wife off at the train station.

I hate that too Geo.

Ntense_SpecV
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Were you blitzing down an empty passing lane and then tried merging into the bogged down main lane right at the last minute?

Not saying that you were, but I think it's a huge doucebag move when people try to pull it. For example:

Left - Center - Right

Left and Center lanes are for through traffic, and it's bogged down and slow as shit. The right lane is a turn-off lane and is pretty much empty. If someone streaks down the Right lane and then tries to merge into the Center lane at the last second I will typically do exactly what Kevie just described: speed up to close the gap so he can't merge, and then slow down with him so he can't get behind me. I don't get angry, swear or flip people off... I just stay exactly parallel with the guy for as long as possible to make merging as difficult a procedure as possible.

Everyone else waited, you're not a special snowflake that gets to cut to the front of the line.

This happens everyday for me both going to work and coming home. Even if people would signal before cutting me off I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, but cutting me off and not signalling makes me hulk rage.:guns:

bituerbo
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Get faster cars... I have no problem making a 'window' behind me.

Team_Mclaren
04-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo

lol, i hope the sti is faster than a civic:rofl:

Ntense_SpecV
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo

I have no problem letting people merge in behind me either...it's the principle of the act- blatenly driving down an offramp only to cut in at the last minute and even worse not signalling to do so. I will make merging as difficult for you as possible if you try to cut in. I don't even have much of a problem in letting someone do this if they would take the 1 second effort on using their turn signal; this is something I think I'm becoming more pissed off about than anything else. I don't care if you are weeving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, but use your fucking turn signal to drive like an ass at least.

Isaiah
04-21-2009, 12:57 PM

Left - Center - Right

I see your point, and I can understand your frustration. I'm neither the driver you described, nor am I the guy Kevie is talking about.

Having said that, before you designate yourself as the king of Calgary roads, consider driving as you see fit and letting others drive as they please. If it bothers you that much, join the CPS. In the meantime, you're entitled to drive however you want but don't try to moderate other drivers because that's way more annoying than the circumstance you described.

Reminds me of the grandmother driving exactly 100 in left lane on Deerfoot and not letting anyone pass. Remember her? Every time someone would look over she would just point at her speedometer with a grin on her face as though she was the Queen of the roads. Let me guess, your girlfriend?

al-ti2d
04-21-2009, 01:13 PM

Left - Center - Right

lol i do exactly what you do too..
i find that this always happens when i'm on Deerfoot heading north and right by the Mcknight exit

ClearBluewater
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
I dont really see what so wrong about merging close to the end. If its busy as shit and there is no room to merge anyways why the fuck should i slow down to a near stop and wait for somebody to let me in?

Tarrantula
04-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater
I dont really see what so wrong about merging close to the end. If its busy as shit and there is no room to merge anyways why the fuck should i slow down to a near stop and wait for somebody to let me in?

i hope you are joking. I bet you take the outside merge lane going northbound on deerfoot from blackfoot.. then drive as fast as you can.. and cut off a 59 year old man.

riced
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater

That's exactly what happens though. By the time you reach the end, you have to slow down to a near stop and let someone let you in anyway.

There is usually always plenty of room to merge before the end. Learn to speed up or slow down to find your way in to accommodate the drivers on the inside. They shouldn't have to slow down for you.