PDA

View Full Version : Top seven types of car guys.

DannyO
04-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Found this on another forum, thought it was funny and somewhat accurate.

http://www.spike.com/blog/top-7-types-of-car/76375

funkedelic2
04-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Corvette guy :rofl:

atgilchrist
04-22-2009, 08:36 AM
My favorite quote from their message board.

Being the proud owner of an '09 Dodge Challenger SRT8, I pose the question: why in the heck someone would spend their money on something like a BMW or Subaru when they could have something like a Dodge, Chevy or Ford (new or Vintage) for much less money and in return have a WAY cooler car.....

[/B]

1slw4dr
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
stoned and loaded!!! yea hah wont drive nothing but a chev:thumbsdow

bashir26
04-22-2009, 09:13 AM
the ricer video is golden. anyone have the link to the youtube video?

canuckcarguy
04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
You've got to have a special category for the "big truck guy" as well, maybe as an add-on to the car section. We all know this guy, even without the telltale "hitch balls".

SRT10Killer
04-22-2009, 10:45 AM
rofl way to make base model 3000gts look bad

I'm not sure if I fit into any of those categories :(

maybe #7 :)

94boosted
04-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Hahaha not bad I think there are a few categories missing though like the "Big Truck Guy" and the "student car guy driving an econobox waiting for something better" (me) lol

heavyD
04-22-2009, 11:00 AM
EVO/STI guy here.:D

I especially liked this comment from BMW guy;

Course, BMW guy also has the obligatory hot Asian girlfriend, so he scores a tip 'o the hat regardless.

YamahaV8
04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
You've got to have a special category for the "big truck guy" as well, maybe as an add-on to the car section. We all know this guy, even without the telltale "hitch balls".

:werd: More like the "over compensating for something" category.

911fever
04-22-2009, 01:27 PM
hahahaha @ BMW guy

Bumjubeo
04-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bashir26
the ricer video is golden. anyone have the link to the youtube video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGdSDQdvf-k

scat19
04-22-2009, 02:04 PM
haha bmw guy! I have the hot asian girlfriend too :rofl:

ShermanEF9
04-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I think EK 2.0 Should rock these sideburns.

http://img4.ifilmpro.com/blog//1/8/6/4/1864908/200904/1239833372087.jpg

bg_27
04-22-2009, 04:46 PM
hahaha yah that ricer video is classic

S13_Ryan
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
i love how in the ricer section they link you to a clip of an rx7 exhaust system claiming its "rice".

....i dont really see that exhaust system being cheap.. and i dont see that car being slow either.

...noobs

Tarrantula
04-22-2009, 06:00 PM
hahaha, nice~

austic
04-22-2009, 07:57 PM
The BMW comment is true.. well hot blonde instead of a asian for me..

95EagleAWD
04-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
EVO/STI guy here.:D

:poosie:

psycoticclown
04-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Lol, the Evo/STI guy describes me to a tee too. Always gotta defend my 4 door family car against my friends.

95EagleAWD
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Lol, the Evo/STI guy describes me to a tee too. Always gotta defend my 4 door family car against my friends.

Most of my friends are car guys, so I don't have to defend it against them. My dad makes fun of me because it's a sedan though... :D

Girls, on the other hand.... actually, that's not even true. A lot of my girl friends have said it's a hot car. I'm always surprised. To me, it's definitely a "boy's car", and not sexy at all. So I'm always smiling when I get a hot girl who likes my car these days.

Of course, I'm always thinking... "God, if you think this is a hot car, you should have seen my Acura!" :banghead:

beyond_ban
04-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Is there a chance someone could post the different types of car guys on here?

psycoticclown
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Most of my friends are car guys, so I don't have to defend it against them. My dad makes fun of me because it's a sedan though... :D

Girls, on the other hand.... actually, that's not even true. A lot of my girl friends have said it's a hot car. I'm always surprised. To me, it's definitely a "boy's car", and not sexy at all. So I'm always smiling when I get a hot girl who likes my car these days.

Of course, I'm always thinking... "God, if you think this is a hot car, you should have seen my Acura!" :banghead:

It's sweird actually, not many of my friends are car guys except for one are REALLY car guys. I get compliments from co-workers, chicks, randoms about how nice it is, but than one group of friends keep saying its just a family sedan even though they've all ridden in it and know its faster than any of their vehicles. But than again, for them, it's all about looks not power. :nut:

Ekliptix
04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
Corvette guy :rofl:

HEY!! ;) I have a ways to go before middle age.

methodicreign
04-24-2009, 11:23 PM
lol, wow just because i drive an import that makes me a ricer apparently. I guess tuners don't count for anything on spike. I guess they never drove a nicely powered 4 banger that handles and goes fast.
who knew that was possible.

TorqueDog
04-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Where the hell is my hot Asian girlfriend? This is bullshit!

pinoyhero
04-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Hehe, love the ricer vid

DonJuan
04-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Ok, again I defy classification... I drive a car that is considered part of the ricer crowd (240sx). But I do none of the douchebaggery that is associated with that crowd, and my car has no ricer mods on it (except for a beyond and pedobear sticker) and goes like stink (12.1 @ 119MPH), it'll be in the low 11's before the end of the year.

Classify that bitches!

TorqueDog
04-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Nawwwwwzzzzz...

Classify that bitches! Shut up, ricer! :D

DonJuan
04-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Shut up, ricer! :D

It's the beyond sticker isn't it? I knew it!

:facepalm:

DannyO
04-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by methodicreign
lol, wow just because i drive an import that makes me a ricer apparently. I guess tuners don't count for anything on spike. I guess they never drove a nicely powered 4 banger that handles and goes fast.
who knew that was possible.

Don't take any of it to heart, really I just posted this as its entertaining to read, but obviously for all categories there never 100% accurate, obviously not everyone who drives an import is a ricer, I find the exotic type to be wrong, if I had the money to buy a 200k+ car I sure as hell wouldn't be buying it to be an attention whore, I'd only look at buying certain cars for the characteristic of them.

The Evo/STi type is also completely wrong for me, I didn't get it to say "I'm an individual" or "omg awd and turbos are awesome" I bought it because I've always been a fan of subaru (and mitsu) for there rally history, much like some people buy a porsche because they love the car, but really love the racing history behind it.

I'd also look at buying a 2006+ z06, but not for having a midlife crisis (far from it) but because of what the car has become now and what its capable of, plus the "bang for your buck" is pretty damn good for it.

DonJuan
04-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by DannyO

Don't take any of it to heart, really I just posted this as its entertaining to read, but obviously for all categories there never 100% accurate, obviously not everyone who drives an import is a ricer...

Some people place alot of substance into being catogorized while others can just laugh it off. I guess if someone owns a car that was featured in Fast and Furious 1 they might take offence to a Johnny Tran joke.

R154
04-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I love when people roll up beside me and assume my car is just another JDM tyte ride because I have gauges on the pillar, and in the dash. Some nice seats and some dishy wheels. I mean I do have kouki tails, and a trust exhaust, but when they hear the motor, they know it isnt an sr or a ca, hell it aint even nissan. see username ;).

At any rate, real car guys who have fast, FAST mustangs, and camaro's, fast dsms, and turbo civics, have all given me props and called me anything BUT a ricer. I've had an exotic owner give me the thumbs up when I stayed with him. (elise).

It's all a matter of attitude, and wether or not you actually know what you are doing. When you talk about your car it shows if you got it built by someone, or if you built it yourself.

A lot of people sit on the internet reading shit and could tell me the exact specifications of a t51r down to the kind of metal used to make the compressor wheel. But ask them about what kind of TPS they have, or what their fuel map looks like and they dont know. Ask them what is involved in doing a headgasket or mocking up a manifold. What you need to modify in order to use a 350z clutch. They have no idea.

A ricer is someone who is all about the show, and really doesnt know a whole lot about cars, or even their own car. They do it for the attention, not because they actually car about what went into their cars.

psycoticclown
04-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by R154
I love when people roll up beside me and assume my car is just another JDM tyte ride because I have gauges on the pillar, and in the dash. Some nice seats and some dishy wheels. I mean I do have kouki tails, and a trust exhaust, but when they hear the motor, they know it isnt an sr or a ca, hell it aint even nissan. see username ;).

At any rate, real car guys who have fast, FAST mustangs, and camaro's, fast dsms, and turbo civics, have all given me props and called me anything BUT a ricer. I've had an exotic owner give me the thumbs up when I stayed with him. (elise).

It's all a matter of attitude, and wether or not you actually know what you are doing. When you talk about your car it shows if you got it built by someone, or if you built it yourself.

A lot of people sit on the internet reading shit and could tell me the exact specifications of a t51r down to the kind of metal used to make the compressor wheel. But ask them about what kind of TPS they have, or what their fuel map looks like and they dont know. Ask them what is involved in doing a headgasket or mocking up a manifold. What you need to modify in order to use a 350z clutch. They have no idea.

A ricer is someone who is all about the show, and really doesnt know a whole lot about cars, or even their own car. They do it for the attention, not because they actually car about what went into their cars.

:werd:

Cody D
04-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I've had an exotic owner give me the thumbs up when I stayed with him. (elise).

Elise isn't really an exotic, is it?

R154
04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Lotus is exotic. And it was fast as fuck.

The only exotic owner that I know who hasnt turned his nose up at me is E36M3 and that is because he is just the nicest car guy I have met to date.

He drove a Carerra GT, I was so excited to see his car I ran across 17th and almost started hyper ventilating. Yet he let me sit in his CGT and take photo's even let me ask all sorts of questions, of which 50% of them were barely coherant I was so excited to see a CGT.

I have had numerous bimmer/cedes owners just awe struck when they try the ricer fly by, only to hear me drop a gear turbo spool, back end kick and fire marking my 3-4 shift. It s quite a surprise to roll up on a 240 which isnt just big wheels and a BPU sr.

SRT10Killer
04-25-2009, 06:13 PM
I
It's all a matter of attitude, and wether or not you actually know what you are doing. When you talk about your car it

lol try explaining that to the 50% of beyond members that believe anything and everything JDM =rice