PDA

View Full Version : How Beyonce REALLY sings

Majestic12
04-23-2009, 12:12 AM
http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=22921

Hahahahah
This is such a disaster.. Worse than that Britney Spears mic feed.

Here this is direct:
DdcrLqr-bTE

narou
04-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Majestic12
http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=22921

Hahahahah
This is such a disaster.. Worse than that Britney Spears mic feed.

Are you surprised?

ZorroAMG
04-23-2009, 12:22 AM
That's totally NOT true, she is actually an amazing REALTIME, live singer.

This is totally doctored....

superboss
04-23-2009, 04:57 AM
Beyonce sucks anyways, I fuckin hate her and the stupid group shes in..:guns:

szw
04-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by narou

Are you surprised?

Definitely.

I think the clip is probably faked (an altered version of the original). At certain times her pitch (on this version) goes way up but could a sound engineer correct all of those on the fly like that?

adam c
04-23-2009, 07:55 AM
it was on vibe this morning on the way to work, it's fake

rage2
04-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by szw
Definitely.

I think the clip is probably faked (an altered version of the original).
haha ya it's definately fake.

Originally posted by szw
At certain times her pitch (on this version) goes way up but could a sound engineer correct all of those on the fly like that?
No sound engineer needed. It's a device called autotune. You map where the notes should be, it'll track your voice and changes and automatically correct and hit those notes for ya.

01RedDX
04-23-2009, 08:36 AM

szw
04-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by rage2

No sound engineer needed. It's a device called autotune. You map where the notes should be, it'll track your voice and changes and automatically correct and hit those notes for ya.

Wow so autotune actually works? I thought it was just for making rappers sound like robots.

EK 2.0
04-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by superboss

Beyonce sucks anyways, I fuckin hate her and the stupid group shes in..:guns:

She's not in a group....

And hasn't been for years....so why not turn off the Hank William's and crawl out from the rock you live under to see there is glorious music out in the world to be heard...

rage2
04-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by szw
Wow so autotune actually works? I thought it was just for making rappers sound like robots.
Uhh ya, unless you really thought Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Ashlee Simpson can actually sing LOL.

The "robot" sound is a new fad done with autotune. It's just an extreme setting with zero smoothness when transitioning from note to note.

Kloubek
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

She's not in a group....

And hasn't been for years....so why not turn off the Hank William's and crawl out from the rock you live under to see there is glorious music out in the world to be heard...

Haha. That's funny.

But I wouldn't exactly call Beyonce's music "glorious". She's a great singer, but I really dislike her music. I guess it does have a certain... "appeal" to the masses though...

ZorroAMG
04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
I fucking HATE that stupid put a ring on it song....makes me want to claw my eyes out....other than that, she is truly a great singer, no question. Not at all in the same shit category as britney/ashley/paris/lindsay/////

Gooseberry
04-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Other than the fact she got accused of stealing that song? :dunno:

sputnik
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
You guys really need to watch the documentary... "Before The Music Dies".

They talk about the Autotune and randomly take a model with no singing experience and record a track. It was nuts.

JwIiYvLVyZU

3g4u
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM

She's not in a group....

I'd rather listen to Hank Williams anyday! Beyonce is anything but glorious, she's ugly and has horrible horrible music.

D'z Nutz
04-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
You guys really need to watch the documentary... "Before The Music Dies".

They talk about the Autotune and randomly take a model with no singing experience and record a track. It was nuts.

That's a big part of why I don't really listen to very much current music (or watch television or movies). Everything is so fabricated by the entertainment industry. It's all a popularity contest and people just keep eating it up and begging for more.

People look at me like I'm nuts when I have no idea who (blank) celebrity is or if I haven't heard the newest song from (blank).

Or maybe I'm just getting old :cry:

JordanEG6
04-23-2009, 10:19 AM
I hate Beyonce...but I'll admit she IS a great singer. Some of her songs though are REALLY annoiying.

01RedDX
04-23-2009, 10:21 AM

D_2K
04-23-2009, 10:27 AM
shananigans

3g4u
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Uh-huh. This may be subjective, but I've never heard anyone call Beyonce ugly.

Let's see if anyone wants to dispute this.

This is ugly:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4262/hankwilliams.jpg

This is not:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/2893/07beyonce10bodypicturem.jpg

I am by no means a fan, hell I think Hank Williams had more artistic ability (in terms of songwriting) but come on.

LOL Well if you put it that way!:D

Still, i dont see any life size Beyonce statues being erected anywhere... Know why? because nobody cares about pop singers that write crap music that only poser fakes can relate to.

arian_ma
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM

She's not in a group....

:rofl: sorry man that's gotta be the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. Glorious music? Really? ...Her?

01RedDX
04-23-2009, 12:07 PM

EK 2.0
04-23-2009, 02:16 PM
I am not saying Beyonce makes GLORIOUS music...

I am saying that a lot of people are not aware that there is more than just what they normally listen to out there...and when that music is given a chance it opens a ton of horizons.

That being said, yes I do listen to Beyonce...I have to...She's married to HOV haha...

banned3x
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
she made 80mil last year so i think she can sing. do i like her music? no.

max_boost
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by banned3x

She can sing no doubt. I would say she's a better performer than a singer. She's the total package which is what you need to watch the money pile up so let the haters hate. :D

nonlinear
04-23-2009, 04:34 PM

I am saying that a lot of people are not aware that there is more than just what they normally listen to out there...and when that music is given a chance it opens a ton of horizons.

and you're on here telling people to listen to beyonce over hank williams!!?!?! :facepalm:

i know you were trying to liken superboss to a redneck, but seriously hank williams is a legend in american music and is totally unappreciated by people the age of about 60. beyonce wouldn't even exist without hank williams.

googe
04-23-2009, 04:47 PM
This was already confirmed to be fake. The guy that gave it to Stern made it up, by his own admission.

Autotune (and a few others) are meant to change the frequency and shift off-key notes here and there. It's a tool meant to correct pitch screwups. It isn't designed to turn just anyone into a flawless singer (they would sooner hire stand-ins and record them over the "artist" than attempt this).

While it is quite impressive, this is a common misconception, and audio engineers hate it because shitty singers will just strangle the cat for a whole track and say "oh you can just autotune that anyway right." Fact is, your base track has to be pretty good, and you can only use it sparingly, or it'll just sound like crap.

Originally posted by rage2

haha ya it's definately fake.

Well, you still need a sound engineer to run autotune, lest you use an amateur and end up with this. He just isn't "super busy" per se:

wuqIgTfmPr8

He starts out with "oh say can you see" with autotune off, and the engineer panics and flips it on, so "by the dawns early light" sounds totally different. Every time he is off key for the rest, it sounds like he has a frog in his throat. He's not exactly an amateur either, and that was the best that autotune could do for him.

The real secret to making shitty singers sound great is to hire a session singer to fill in for the artist on their own album, then the artist lipsyncs that on tour. Not very sophisticated :rofl:

Usually though, the artist does have talent somewhat and are just very inconsistent. In a studio, they'll do dozens of takes, and cut together the best sounding words of every take. So, the artist can repeat parts over and over and they only have to hit the correct key once, then they cut that piece into the track. Sometimes there can be up to 3 totally different takes being cut together to form a single word. It's also VERY common for them to just copy and paste repeated elements once they nail them. So, they might sing the chorus once, edit it to be perfect, then just paste it in all of the other places.

Rocky
04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
It's a pretty sad industry. I think Beyonce can sing for sure but the facts are there, most of the top songs are highly edited. A lot of the talented singers out there actually are done an injustice, but you gotta do what sells. I'm a big Lady Gaga fan, and a lot of people are quick to say "she can't sing, her songs are all digital", but this really illustrates what I'm talking about:

ElgjP00LXnE

nwdXnlvUe3I

I don't think the second one would ever take off, but beautiful voice IMO.

Edit: Beyonce << Hank Williams, not even a debatable contest. Legend vs... "pop sensation" >.>

funkedelic2
04-23-2009, 04:51 PM
haha soo fake

OH-EIGHT
04-23-2009, 05:45 PM
christina aguilera can sing pretty well, but her songs have always been pretty "meh" to me
i dont think good voice will always translate into good songs

240SX92
04-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Need moar Tom Waits

89s1
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by D_2K
shananigans

Seconded, go grab the broomsticks :whipped:

Kavy
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
That poker face song wants me to crash my car into a wall.

95EagleAWD
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by OH-EIGHT
christina aguilera can sing pretty well, but her songs have always been pretty &quot;meh&quot; to me
i dont think good voice will always translate into good songs

Yeah, Christina's got pipes...

An easy way to check if someone can sing is acoustic radio shows or stuff like that.. not too much hardware goin' on there. That said, if you expect them to be perfect, you gotta be kidding.

Johnny Rzeznick from the Goo Goo Dolls can sing. They were amazing live last time they were in Edmonton, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e88u6DA7eho

I have to throw this in for the Goo Goo Dolls. Pretty cool, and it sounds natural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im8e_njsWEA

Hayley Williams from Paramore can sing. Looking forward to their show with No Doubt this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGF1s_7J33o

Billy Joe Armstrong. Not a small set here, but you can tell he's actually singing. They're also just awesome live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBaZmmdluM

So it's pretty absurd to think that Beyonce can't sing, since she's quite the established performer and not just because of her looks.

superboss
04-24-2009, 05:28 AM

She's not in a group....

What makes you think I listern to hank whatever??? My choice of music isn't the topic of discussion here. So maybe get that little thing between your ears to actuall think before you insult me. Beyonce sucks dude, so does JayZ!!! I really dont care what you think or say..

Check your callout list, I hear the Talibans hiring...:whipped:

Power_Of_Rotary
04-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by banned3x

worst conclusion ever.

soulja boy made loads of cash off his crappy rapping.... if you imagine him singing with no echo, digital editing, and background music... you would then understand how good singing and cash making is not always linked

95teetee
04-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

beyonce wouldn't even exist without hank williams.

now there's a stretch.

arian_ma
04-24-2009, 12:22 PM

What makes you think I listern to hank whatever??? My choice of music isn't the topic of discussion here. So maybe get that little thing between your ears to actuall think before you insult me. Beyonce sucks dude, so does JayZ!!! I really dont care what you think or say..

Wow.

01RedDX
04-24-2009, 12:37 PM

nonlinear
04-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee

now there's a stretch.

how is that a stretch? without hank williams, the entire recording industry (and "artists" like Beyonce) would not exist as we know it today (due to the network of funding and influence that underlies major labels and their artists).

ZorroAMG
04-25-2009, 04:19 PM

You sure can Meow....LIKE A BOSS!

icky2unk
04-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

You sure can Meow....LIKE A BOSS!

ahahaha love SNL

msommers
04-25-2009, 04:53 PM
John Legend is another fella with an awesome voice
VfzMVULx4TE

John Mayer is another guy that can sing and has the guitar skills to back it up. I have to agree there are a lot of sellouts in the music biz right now but to say anyone who is successful fits in that category is a little bit much.

EK 2.0
04-25-2009, 05:34 PM

I really dont care what you think or say..

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Really? Cause you sound rather upset...

That's exactly what I was thinking...