PDA

View Full Version : To Bass or not to Bass

Tarrantula
04-23-2009, 08:46 AM
So heres the situation..

Im driving a 2005 Nissan Murano. Bose Stereo.. average sound.. not the best i've ever heard but.. whatever.

Heres the delay. I CANNOT remove the factory bose stereo's head unit.. I can only add a MTX re-q or a JL cleansweep and run an amp to all speakers.. not really a big deal. It can be done.

Now comes my REAL problem. Do I upgrade the factory sub? I have two MTX 9500 12's (1000w rms) sitting in my closet.. with two MTX 1501D's.. (1500w rms @ 2ohms) do I install them and lose most of my trunk? I play hockey in the winter, and softball during the summer so I kind of need the space..

Option 1: Install both subs, use up most of rear hatch area. Pound Bass.

Option 2: Install 1 subwoofer, sell the other to a beyond member.

Option 3: Dont install subs at all, amplify stock speakers to add some thump. Keep trunk space. Sell both subs and amps to beyond members.

My only real problem with option 1, is that i really need cash right now.. and I cant really afford to pay a shop to fab up a box to fit in the back. A bestbuy-special just wont do, these subs will blow it apart (been there). It needs to be custom.

Also, does anyone know if there is a lot of room to run TWO separate runs of 0/1 AWG through the firewall? I have EVERYTHING to do it.. but just not the ..160+ for the amp installs and the 1000+ for a custom box.

Should I just get someone from the forum to fab me a box? Should I take out the spare and just run 1 sub?

What would you do? Say fuck it and just spend the cash?

TDFTW
04-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I'd give my wife her murano back and buy a car

Tarrantula
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by TDFTW
I'd give my wife her murano back and buy a car

Ouch.. come on, more power than most SUV's, and decent mileage? cant pass that up.

94boosted
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Go with option #2 seems like a happy medium :dunno:

TDFTW
04-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

Ouch.. come on, more power than most SUV's, and decent mileage? cant pass that up. I'm just razzing you broly.

I like muranos, only because they are a Nissan. If I was you I would save a few dollars and get somebody to make you a custom pocket box or go online and find a box that can be installed behind the wheel arches in the back so you can retain space.

It's a popular suv, I'm sure somebody make them.

msommers
04-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Sell both subs and get better speakers:angel:

psycoticclown
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Fab your own box?:dunno:

Tarrantula
04-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Fab your own box?:dunno:

I wish I could. I want to glass one, but I dont know how to do it properly.

Who is best at fibreglassing on beyond? //LOUD-LOAD\\?