PDA

View Full Version : Rotator Cuff injury

bigbadboss101
04-23-2009, 12:08 PM
With the injury it's a pain in the arm to play softball, volleyball, tennis, dodgeball, etc etc. I have not visited a doctor. Have you experienced from rotator cuff injury?
How to get it back in shape?

ZorroAMG
04-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Go see a physiotherapist...I hurt mine in february in the gym and I've seen a physio twice so far to diagnose and give exercises to strengthen the shoulder....

It's a process, I am lucky I haven't torn anything, just inflamed and irritated it....couldn't even raise my arm out my car window to get in my parkade without it hurting..

bigbadboss101
04-25-2009, 11:37 PM
I probably should. Played vball tonight and it wasn't fun.

Point4Dave
04-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I probably should. Played vball tonight and it wasn't fun.

Don't put something like that off. I've torn mine before and it sucks. It's been over a year and I till have some pain. I take "Allflex" which helplubs the joints and I must say it does wonders for me :) $30 at Popeye's.

acura_el
04-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Go and see a doctor/therapist. Trust me. I hurt mine in August 2007, spent about 6 months in therapy and its finally fully recovered, but I still get the odd pain. That was a total of over 1.5 years of lost progress at the gym.

I had inflammation and dislocated my long biceps tendon from the bicep groove. :(

Darkane
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Read articles from Eric Cressey on Shoulder Health/Rehab.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/shoulder_savers_part_iii&cr=

That's a 3 part series.

Good article by Mike Robertson here:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/pushups_face_pulls_and_shrugs&cr=

I'd also Recommend getting Magnificent Mobility DVD. I got it and it slays.

Keeps me mobile for sure.

TravisD62
04-29-2009, 12:39 PM
definetaly go see a doctor. probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take a few week break from the sports too. i injured my rotator cuff and it took over a year before i was back in the gym again, and even yet i still to this day can't bench/military press barbells. only db's, and no incline presses either. shoulder injuries SUCK
:thumbsdow

ZorroAMG
04-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah BOOOOURNS to Incline and shoulder press.

:(

bigbadboss101
04-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah I am a bit stubborn. When I had my orthoscopic knee surgery many years ago doctor said to stay away from sports for 4-6 weeks. The same weekend I went to play ice hockey and it burned like crazy.

markan
05-08-2009, 03:48 AM
A rotator cuff problem can be nasty when you're lying in bed at night. Moving your arm even slightly can be torturous. Advil can help. Mine's better now but I still feel twinges with bench press or incline press. It makes me cautious.