PDA

View Full Version : Group of Canadian Ferrari Owners Pulled Over

kenny
04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – Oregon State Police gave out a number of speeding tickets to a group of sports car racers in Central Oregon Thursday.

Troopers said they spotted the cars speeding and passing in no-pass lanes on Highway 18 near Grand Ronde. The responding trooper said five cars buzzed by him, and counted ten in all.

The trooper puller six vehicles over and cited the drivers for speed racing. The drivers told police there were 20 drivers from Canada and one from Washington State on their annual road trip. OSP said the drivers were all cooperative.

A Lamborghini from the group was later stopped in the Columbia River Gorge for doing 90 in a 65 zone.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_042309_news_speed_racing_oregon.103d9a260.html

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/24/exotic.speeding.oregon/index.html

atgilchrist
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Those cops officially have a good bar story now

chkolny541
04-23-2009, 04:04 PM
i hope those tickets dont hurt their bank books....o wait...

Masked Bandit
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by kenny
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,

A Lamborghini from the group was later stopped in the Columbia River Gorge for doing 190 in a 65 zone.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_042309_news_speed_racing_oregon.103d9a260.html

Phixed. That would make a better story.

95EagleAWD
04-23-2009, 04:56 PM
That's a nice NSX front and center in that picture... :D

Mibz
04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
The trooper puller six vehicles over and cited the drivers for speed racing. They should've let that Mach 5 thunder roll.

94boosted
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Do speeding tickets even go against your demerit points if you get the ticket in the states?

banned3x
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
HOOD RIVER, Ore. – blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,

two naked girls driving a Lamborghini from the group was later stopped in the Columbia River Gorge for doing inappropiate acts with each other.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stori....103d9a260.html

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Phixed. That would make a better story.

fixed.

ClearBluewater
04-23-2009, 11:36 PM
The guy in the lambo was listening to akon - I'm So Paid FO SHO!

Redlyne_mr2
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Do speeding tickets even go against your demerit points if you get the ticket in the states?
No in fact I'd throw it away and forget about it.

redline
04-24-2009, 08:26 AM
ZR are at it again.... :thumbsdow

core_upt
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

No in fact I'd throw it away and forget about it.

Yup - exactly what I did with an Oregon ticket when I got pulled over in my Ferra, err, CRX....

Not to slight the NSX, they are beautiful cars, but to paraphrase a comment from when an NSX was in an exotics cruise around Kananaskis "Beautiful cars, but that NSX belongs there about as much as a turd in a punch bowl"

msommers
04-24-2009, 10:11 AM
90 in a 65?........

fuckin pussy:angel:

avow
04-24-2009, 11:45 AM
i really dont see what the big deal is. not much more exciting than our bullrun cruise last fall :dunno:

2EFNFAST
04-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by redline

I wondered if it was ZR, but I don't see any really recognizable cars, plus he's pretty far south in that article?

beyond_ban
04-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by redline

If it was a ZR cruise then i would think that Zahir would either be driving his Enzo or his twin super charger F430. None of those cars look like the ones that i have seen coming in from Banff before. Not going to lie though, seeing a string of 5-6 exotics including the MC12 and Enzo is really quite a treat.

CTSV
04-24-2009, 12:34 PM
If you do not pay your US speeding ticket nothing will happen...until you happen to be in the US sometime later....and happen to get caught speeding again. Then you will have your day in court after your night in jail.
Of course this is if the US customs don't get you when you are coming in the US.

Auditor
04-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

If it was a ZR cruise then i would think that Zahir would either be driving his Enzo or his twin super charger F430. None of those cars look like the ones that i have seen coming in from Banff before. Not going to lie though, seeing a string of 5-6 exotics including the MC12 and Enzo is really quite a treat.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/24/exotic.speeding.oregon/index.html

Second picture shows the 2NASTIE plate

tomt64
04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
That is positively the ZR group. I know exactly why they didnt get away with 0 tickets this time. :rofl:

beyond_ban
04-24-2009, 12:59 PM
^^ I could not recognize the F40 from the first pic and i didn't see that there were more then one picture, but you are right it is the ZR crew minus a few. I recognize the orange Gallardo as one from around here with its slight modifications and the F40 is distinctively Zahir's. I cant believe the KMs he puts on his exotics without really caring. It is good to see the cars getting used rather then being 100% garage queens.

n1zm0
04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
The trooper puller six vehicles over and cited the drivers for speed racing.

lol i've never heard this term before, i thought racing always involved speed. or does it mean 'wangan' kind of racing, like high speed highway racing.

DonJuan
04-24-2009, 02:06 PM
LOL at being cited "Speed Racers" Passengers were being cited for being Chim Chim

JAYMEZ
04-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Great publicity stunt for ZR once again.

2EFNFAST
04-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by tomt64
That is positively the ZR group. I know exactly why they didnt get away with 0 tickets this time. :rofl:

Oh yea, it is - I didn't realize there were 3 pictures, not just 1, haha!

How come they didn't get away this time? Told the cop to effff off? :D

kamakurakid
04-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by CTSV
If you do not pay your US speeding ticket nothing will happen...until you happen to be in the US sometime later....and happen to get caught speeding again. Then you will have your day in court after your night in jail.
Of course this is if the US customs don't get you when you are coming in the US.

Two things to never screw with US Customs and anyone handling your food (wait staff, etc).

I would not wish to try and cross into the USA with an old unpaid speeding ticket, no reason to remove the thing from a record, it just sits and waits for you. I suppose airports would also be no go zones as well.

BigMass
04-24-2009, 08:17 PM
if i made the news getting caught doing ONLY 100mph in my exotic i'd be downright fucking embarrassed.

R154
04-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Except zahir made a video last time of them going at maniacal speeds, its karma. it was a matter of time really.

Besides, everyone loves to hear about rich people, specifically those who posess what we regular folk never will, getting slagged. I for one am not surprised this made news.

trliniar
04-24-2009, 09:02 PM
if you get a speeding ticket in the states i dont think you can't go to the states all together... its just the state that you got your ticket in... if it was in Oregon, then you can't go to Oregon for 5 yrs If i remember correctly

Canmorite
04-24-2009, 09:07 PM
They ALWAYS get pulled over. This time it made the news.

jEM1
04-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by CTSV

Originally posted by kamakurakid
Two things to never screw with US Customs and anyone handling your food (wait staff, etc).

I would not wish to try and cross into the USA with an old unpaid speeding ticket, no reason to remove the thing from a record, it just sits and waits for you. I suppose airports would also be no go zones as well.

The only risk you take not paying the ticket is if you re-enter the jurisdiction of the issuing police force and get pulled over again. US Customs and Border Protection has much better things to do then chase down unpaid tickets. You think they would stop you at the border for a parking ticket? It is unlikely they even have access to that information and, more importantly, could care less.

kamakurakid
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jEM1

The only risk you take not paying the ticket is if you re-enter the jurisdiction of the issuing police force and get pulled over again. US Customs and Border Protection has much better things to do then chase down unpaid tickets. You think they would stop you at the border for a parking ticket? It is unlikely they even have access to that information and, more importantly, could care less.

I think they would love nothing better than to put a smart ass in jail no matter the minor level of a charge. And it was a speeding ticket, not parking. Do you think the USA gives a toss as to what is important when it comes to policing their borders? They could argue a deadbeat who does not pay a speeding ticket is ripe for a full cavity search.

Go ahead, make their day, and wear clean under ware.

soloracer
04-25-2009, 11:39 PM
I have unpaid speeding tickets in several states and have never had a problem entering the US. They haven't even so much as asked about them. If I get pulled over for something in those same states again I assume there would be repercussions.

bundi
04-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by kamakurakid

They could argue a deadbeat who does not pay a speeding ticket is ripe for a full cavity search.

Go ahead, make their day, and wear clean under ware.

ESPECIALLY if that "deadbeat" is driving a $400,000 car. Hell, I'd jail someone over a $150 ticket if it meant I got to sit in their drivers seat and make vroom vroom sounds.

Better yet, get a picture of myself next to it with my aviators and revolver too and post it on facebook... think of how cool I'd be..

And the fact that cavity searching a foreigner in the name of my country would be gratifying and probably arousing...

I think I'm done.

kamakurakid
04-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by bundi

ESPECIALLY if that "deadbeat" is driving a $400,000 car. Hell, I'd jail someone over a $150 ticket if it meant I got to sit in their drivers seat and make vroom vroom sounds.

Better yet, get a picture of myself next to it with my aviators and revolver too and post it on facebook... think of how cool I'd be..

And the fact that cavity searching a foreigner in the name of my country would be gratifying and probably arousing...

I think I'm done.

I did have a buddy at university who three years earlier was given a speeding ticket outside a small town in Montana. The cop had my bud follow him into the town directly to the ticket office and he had to pay the fine right there and then. Something about outside of state or maybe it was out of country plates, the cop was able to demand payment there and then. If he was unable to cough-up the cash, the offer of a secured free room and a meal, all with a judge in the morning deciding the outcome.

you&me
04-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Great publicity stunt for ZR once again.

In this case, that's not a good thing.

I personally know several people that have not even considered ZR for the purchase or service of their exotic cars due to the continual 'publicity'...

They say there's no such thing as bad publicity, but I'm not so sure...