PDA

View Full Version : Calgart Sport Social Club Softball

chathamf
04-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Just wondering if anyones played in there leagues before? I wanted to know what the level of play is like in the Rec league as compared to the Rec-Plus.

I've just played a few games of slo-pitch as a fill in on some friends teams before, but used to play some hardball when I was younger. I'm thinking the rec plus league because in the recreation league you pitch to your team mates which I don't like the idea of.

Anyone with any input?

adamc
04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
I've played in it the last few years, you definitely want to go as high up as possible if you've ever played any competitive baseball before.

The leagues are a lot of fun, we played in rec+ last year and ended up winning every game we played. Maybe we should have been in intermediate.

Although we did have two MLB drafted players in our outfield, which helped a lot (when they can gun it from the fence to home plate, it's a bit of an advantage :p )

I think I might have played on an intermediate team too, for a few games as a ringer.

Anyhow, we're without those guys this year, back in rec+, our first game is tonight. And like I said, rec+ is where you want to be if you're the least bit competitive.

As with all CSC games, you do umpire your own game, and we only had maybe two serious disagreements with teams we played - all of last seasons, so it works pretty well.

Better get on a team quick! Have fun.

crazieness
04-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I played in many seasons (both spring and summer X4 years x2 teams per season) and would say that the rec league is just that. Usually, people are pretty laid back and you'll have the occasional team that brings out the 1 piece comp and jacks every ball.

Rec+ was more competitive but you need to make sure you have good players of both genders where as in rec you can get away with only a few good girls and guys.

Depends on what you want, but agree, if you want to be a bit more competitive go into rec+.

chathamf
04-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Cool. Thanks for the imput guys. Rec+ it will be.

Benny
04-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm on a Sunday night rec+ team. I've never really played any competitive save for like t-ball back when I was really young, but it seems like rec would just be boring. It should be a good time. I'll let you know how it is after our first game this Sunday.

5000Audi
04-29-2009, 07:46 PM
i play in a rec league ball team.. not for this league but its awsome, good thing this year jack bats are ILLIGAL... so no more over the fence hits from shitty ass players...haha

buh_buh
04-29-2009, 09:51 PM
I've always played on Rec+ and its usually a mix of half guys that have played organized ball before and half that haven't, and we haven't finished below 0.500. Some of the teams are pretty hardcore though, its kinda funny.

adamc
04-29-2009, 11:10 PM
My team won 22-1 tonight, and we're pretty rag-tag.

Nice night for some ball too :)
If anyone ever needs a ringer for a game or two, feel free to pm me.