PDA

View Full Version : C32 written off what next

Pages : [1] 2

Ghettobaby
04-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Well on tuesday I was sitting in lunch hour traffic downtown (MacLeod NB and 18th ave) when I got rearended. End result was that my baby got totalled, trunk met back seat and an extended trailer hitch from the vehicle infront went through the front end.

I walked away with minor injuries, but now during my recovery time while waiting for insurance to work things out. I have started my search for a new vehicle and am looking for some help/advise.

Things I liked about the C32:

Powerful - there was never a lack of power, and when you needed it, it was always there.
Comfortable - truly a car that made you almost enjoy traffic, and comfortable to road trip in.
Styling - though the car was near 7 years old, it still looked next to new on the road.
Reliable - unlike many benzo's in the year which i owened the car i never had and electrical problems.
Thrilling - kept you alive and alert. the torque of the supercharger kept the rear end lively, and the suspension made it a fun car to corner in.

Cars that I have considered in my search:

03 E55 - same year as the C32, looks almost identical simply larger and more powerful. Can be had for around 40-45g

06 CLS55 - around 60-70g, same mechanicals as the E55, but it looks more stunning. Appears large outside, but feels like a smaller car inside (not really a bad thing)

06 CLS500 - 40ish grand, looks good. But missing the thrill and power. More efficent and suitable for long road trips.

I am not interested in BMWs and would consider an Audi if I could find a nice performer with auto trans (want something the gf can drive and it more comfortable for traffic and cruising)

If anybody has any recommendations please toss them up. I had set a budget of 50g but was willing to push it depending on what i'm getting for the money.

Thanks

Tibor

The_Rural_Juror
04-23-2009, 08:33 PM
C63 of course. Duh.

jdm_eg6
04-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
C63 of course. Duh.

haha ah yes of course, but why not the CL65 AMG? :P

Joking obviously but i think the C63 is a good choice.

Ghettobaby
04-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry guys i was edditing when you posted.

The C63 is outta my price range, but i do love it.

Hakkola
04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
C63 would be the best choice performance wise, and new! Otherwise I would go with the CLS, IMO in AMG trim one of the best looking cars ever made.

Neil4Speed
04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Just throwing some ideas out there, but have you thought about a Infiniti M45? It placed quite well in a recent Car and Driver test comparing it against other german and japanese rivals. It could be had at a relative bargain in comparison to the other cars your mentioning.

The latest CTS-V would be awesome, I don't know too much about prices etc.

The_Rural_Juror
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
What's the price range? I think the CTS-V is around the same price as the C63.

Sir_Sanchez
04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
an old beater like zorro AMG

The_Rural_Juror
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Sir_Sanchez

The quixtar guy?

nightfx
04-23-2009, 09:20 PM
I'd get a CLS55. :hitit:

ZorroAMG
04-23-2009, 09:32 PM
How is the C63 out of your range if the CLS55 isn't?

Do NOT get an 03 E55....first year, lots of problems....

C63 is what I am considering...love the new W204 and the wider fenders of the AMG are great...

Or get a beater like my W124.....:rofl:

Ghettobaby
04-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
How is the C63 out of your range if the CLS55 isn't?

Do NOT get an 03 E55....first year, lots of problems....

The dealer from which I bought the C32 as found me a CLS55 which will come to an out the door price of ~57 thousand. The C63 starts at 65 and quickly goes up when you had "essential" options.

I thought the E55 came out in 02 which was why I was avoiding 02s I know thw body style is different, but thought all the mechanicals were the same.

I am going to test drive both the CLS55 and E55 this weekend depending on how my leg and back feel. If either has the dynamic seat feature that could sway my vote lol.

Kloubek
04-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Glad to hear you're ok!

Also glad to hear you have enough money to drop several 10's of k on a car! :)

rage2
04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
The E55 is much sportier than the CLS. The CLS is a bit too soft for my tastes.

As for the C63, there are only 2 options. The AMG Performance package ($4k) gives u LSD and no top speed limiter. Unless you're tracking the car or driving it fucking hard on the streets, it's a useless package. I've owned several AMG's with no LSD, and they handle just as well up to around 95% before it gets sloppy. You'll never experience that unless you're on the track or wanna go drifting on the street.

The 2nd package is $5k, just gives u better stereo, navigation, mp3 ripping, keyless go, again, who cares haha. The only thing nice about this package is the rear sunshade.

If you're considering a CLS for 57k, I'd just go for a base C63 for a few grand more. The only drawback for the C63 is that it's a much "harder" car than the C32. Think of the ride differences between a C32 and a E46 M3, the C63 is a lot like the E46 M3 in terms of ride quality.

YamahaV8
04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
To go with your Audi option instead of another headache Mercedes product why not try a 2002-2005 Audi S4. Comes with a 4.2L 40 valve V8 which makes 340hp and 302ft/lbs. It also comes with a tiptronic 6 speed automatic and is a very sharp looking car. Plus you can pick up one with 50,000km for less than 40grand which is below your budget and that means money left over for a nice set of rims. :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
04-23-2009, 11:11 PM
The W211 E55 came out in 2003...

2002 was the last year of the W210 body E55 like rage used to have....great car, just different animals.

avishal26
04-23-2009, 11:32 PM
I'd go with either of the CLS's you listed. They have a classy and sexy look to them. You could also go with an Audi A5 but don't know if that would fit your budget since it's hard to find those used (seeing as how they've only been out for a year or so here...)

R-Audi
04-24-2009, 07:51 AM
That sucks Tibor!
Wish I would have gone for a ride before it met its maker...
Im always a strong advocate for the Audi's... The S4's would suit you quite well, plus awd. If you were able to go manual you could check out RS4's as well. Lately there have been some that have been listed in the 60's in Canada....

20incheyes
04-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by rage2
The E55 is much sportier than the CLS. The CLS is a bit too soft for my tastes.

As for the C63, there are only 2 options. The AMG Performance package ($4k) gives u LSD and no top speed limiter. Unless you're tracking the car or driving it fucking hard on the streets, it's a useless package. I've owned several AMG's with no LSD, and they handle just as well up to around 95% before it gets sloppy. You'll never experience that unless you're on the track or wanna go drifting on the street.

The 2nd package is $5k, just gives u better stereo, navigation, mp3 ripping, keyless go, again, who cares haha. The only thing nice about this package is the rear sunshade.

If you're considering a CLS for 57k, I'd just go for a base C63 for a few grand more. The only drawback for the C63 is that it's a much "harder" car than the C32. Think of the ride differences between a C32 and a E46 M3, the C63 is a lot like the E46 M3 in terms of ride quality.

Unless the OP is willing to wait a year or more I don't think he'll find a base C63 in Canada. I'm sure there is one or two available on a dealer lot in Western Canada but they all come loaded... so you have to have every option including the $2500 Carbon Fibre Trim, $900 paint, and gas guzller tax. I was hoping to get one for this summer, but the MSRP was around $80,900 plus tax, I offered $77777.77 and they weren't into dealing.

I ended up getting a boat so went truck shopping and picked up a Cayenne S so it all worked out, even though the C63 is the second best car in the AMG line-up after the SL63 IMHO.

CLS does float more on the track then I was expecting, but coming from a C32 I'm sure it'll impress the OP.

Ghettobaby perhaps you can find a nice C63 with miles down from the US?

Brings back memories of tracking these beasts...

http://www.deepturns.com/860.jpg

Ghettobaby
04-24-2009, 10:47 AM
I had considered importing a car from the states. Espically with the price of the s65 down there. So tempting :drool:

I have made arrangements to test drive both an E55 today, and cls55. So hopefully that will give me a better idea of what I want next. I plan to take my time with this purchase, as I want something that will make me smile as much as the C did, be it an Audi, Benz, Volvo, Lexus whatever.

20incheyes
04-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ghettobaby
I had considered importing a car from the states. Espically with the price of the s65 down there. So tempting :drool:

I have made arrangements to test drive both an E55 today, and cls55. So hopefully that will give me a better idea of what I want next. I plan to take my time with this purchase, as I want something that will make me smile as much as the C did, be it an Audi, Benz, Volvo, Lexus whatever.

Well start saving your dollars and get the C63 :bigpimp:

I had more fun in it then any Ferrari, 911, Lotus I've driven. With the ECU reprogram and upgraded exhaust ($5500 for both) not only will the sound be insane but you'll have somewhere around 530 hp! Don't quote me on these numbers 100% it's been months since I did my research.

JAYMEZ
04-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Sanchez

Bye Troll

Importing a merc , you will not find much savings at all , its the biggest head ache in the world. Not worth it IMO.

el-nino
04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Im gonna say go for the cls55. To me this is one of the nicest looking cars period (this is just my opinion).
Dont get me wrong I love my w204 and it drives great but man the sleek lines of a cls wins every time!!

2EFNFAST
04-24-2009, 12:39 PM

I think the current exchange rate pretty much kills any deals though, lol?

R154
04-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Tibor, RS4 Seriously. Nicest luxury car I have been in, and you know I hate luxury cars.

You could always go the route of an is350?

Hakkola
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by R154

You could always go the route of an is350?

:rofl:

Don't bother looking to import from the U.S, even with the dollar even you would lose money.

R154
04-24-2009, 06:12 PM
^^

I thought it was nice car. Good brake feel, smooth AND responsive steering. It doesnt handle the way a car that weighs as much as it does should. Out the door for 50. Of course you could save your lunch money for an IS-F.

Fuck all of you who buy a mercedes just to look balling. You could pick up an is300 and dump the cash into building a single turbo 2jz setup.

Ghettobaby
04-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Well I have now test driven all 3 and must say that I prefer the CLS by a mile over the E. But I am not sure if I really need all that power. The CLS itself is comfortable, that I dont think I need the amg. If I could find a non amg with the dynamic massaging seats my decision would be easy.

For now I will keep looking.

Hakkola
04-24-2009, 06:19 PM
^^

I thought it was nice car. Good brake feel, smooth AND responsive steering. It doesnt handle the way a car that weighs as much as it does should. Out the door for 50. Of course you could save your lunch money for an IS-F.

Fuck all of you who buy a mercedes just to look balling. You could pick up an is300 and dump the cash into building a single turbo 2jz setup.

IS350 is a nice car, but suggesting it to someone looking at 500hp cars is hilarious. You could modify an IS, but then you wouldn't have warranty, and there is huge aftermarket for Mercedes as well.

I doubt many people on Beyond bought their Benz's just to look balling.

buh_buh
04-24-2009, 06:26 PM

Fuck all of you who buy a mercedes just to look balling. You could pick up an is300 and dump the cash into building a single turbo 2jz setup. You could also buy a Civic for $1000 and dump $60k into it. Not everyone wants to mod or drive a modded car.

R154
04-24-2009, 06:34 PM
You side steped my other suggestion. IS-F or to Build a car.

Tibor has the skill and resources to build a car for 500 HP if thats what he wants. But he doesnt want that. He wants a baller car that him and his gf can be balling in, while it is still somewhat powerful. I dont blame him. He has money and is young, I would flash it if it were my style. Which is what I am saying. You dont buy a mercedes for performance.

For you to throw around 500HP is laughable and exposes how silly you are. 500hp is uncontrolably fast at best. 400 RWHP is a fucking monster. I know. The difference between 400, and 500 is a penis mesuring contest especially when the owner is NEVER going to track it. Whats he need it for? Street racing?

You think tibor is going to track this car? HAHAHA he gave that up when he sold the MR2. Get real.

As I said the lexus is VERY nice, and should not be shot down. He did ask about lexus. Lexus has TONS and TONS of aftermarket support. and it is far cheaper then buying a brabus (sp?) or AMG package.

R154
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
You could also buy a Civic for $1000 and dump $60k into it. Not everyone wants to mod or drive a modded car.

Now you are being ridiculous. There is a major difference between a civic and an IS300.

I was making a point that if he truely wanted a high HP car, he could build it for cheaper. I was illustrating the point that he DOESNT want a performance car, he wants a balling car. So to suggest that lexus is out of the question is absurd.

Not everyone who buys an old car and puts money into it is a ricer. You of all people should know that.

buh_buh
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
I see you were making a point, and you obviously didn't see that I too was making a point with my Civic example. Any idiot can see a Civic isn't even in the same realm as an IS300, much like an IS300 isn't even in the same realm as some of the cars mentioned in this thread. And didn't I too just prove that if he truly wanted a high HP car, he could do it for cheaper with the Civic?

I don't recall suggesting everyone who buys an old car and puts money into it was a ricer? That apparently seems to be more your view than mine. But why should I of all people know that?

R154
04-24-2009, 06:54 PM
The insinuation was that someone who spends money into an old car instead of buying a new one is coined a ricer. Second because of your modified lude. And yes, my suggestion for the is300 was intended to be a dead suggestion as obviously it was going to be baulked at.
Instead of trying to justify the "performance" factor by using HP figures (which in itself is mind boggling that it is the sole consideration) just admit it; You want a balling car. Which one would turn the most heads? End of story.

I was merely illustrating the disparity between his intent and some of the suggestions made. And the subsequent mass of users praising the virtues of mercedes, all the while discrediting cars which dont bare the german stamp.

All I am saying is check out an is350, its a luxury car with enough power, brakings, responsive steering to keep you entertained through the twisties. For much less.

Again, he could go and test drive an ISF. Which would Murder the mercedes in the same bracket.

Hakkola
04-24-2009, 06:59 PM

All I am saying is check out an is350, its a luxury car with enough power, brakings, responsive steering to keep you entertained through the twisties. For much less.

I thought you just said he wouldn't be driving it through the twisties? :rofl:

There are lots of non-German comparable cars I wouldn't have laughed at, IS350 obviously isn't one of them.

I like the IS350 a lot, I was trying to convince my parent's to buy one last summer.

You're trying to be GTS Jeff and it isn't working.

rage2
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
You dont buy a mercedes for performance.
uhhh. what? MB AMG's are one of the best performing daily drivers out there.

rage2
04-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Well I have now test driven all 3 and must say that I prefer the CLS by a mile over the E. But I am not sure if I really need all that power. The CLS itself is comfortable, that I dont think I need the amg. If I could find a non amg with the dynamic massaging seats my decision would be easy.

For now I will keep looking.
I thought powerful and thrilling was in your criteria? I never found the CLS thrilling... a bit too bland as a daily driver, but it sure was comfy. I could fall asleep driving that thing haha.

R154
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I thought you just said he wouldn't be driving it through the twisties? :rofl:

There are lots of non-German comparable cars I wouldn't have laughed at, IS350 obviously isn't one of them.

I like the IS350 a lot, I was trying to convince my parent's to buy one last summer.

You're trying to be GTS Jeff and it isn't working.

I said he wouldnt track it. You are trying to be a smartass. You arent clever enough.

/out because there is no reason for me to get hostile. I already told tibor what I thought he should look into, if he chooses to then good, if not then thats alright too.

Hakkola
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by rage2

uhhh. what? MB AMG's are one of the best performing daily drivers out there.

:werd:

Hakkola
04-24-2009, 07:22 PM

I said he wouldnt track it. You are trying to be a smartass. You arent clever enough.

:rofl: You're telling me I'm not clever? Which one of us can put together a logical argument?

I know. The difference between 400, and 500 is a penis mesuring contest especially when the owner is NEVER going to track it. Whats he need it for? Street racing?

You think tibor is going to track this car? HAHAHA he gave that up when he sold the MR2. Get real.

Where is he going to enjoy these twisties? Street racing?

Which is what I am saying. You dont buy a mercedes for performance.

This again. :rofl:

Nevermind, we stopped bickering in the other thread, lets stop here too. :thumbsup:

buh_buh
04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
The insinuation was that someone who spends money into an old car instead of buying a new one is coined a ricer. Second because of your modified lude. I don't see that insinuation at all. That's a reach. I mention nothing about ricers in my post. Maybe you should give it another read, or get someone to read it to you if you can't see what I wrote. My modified lude? That car wasn't exactly an example of dumping money into an old car. I may have dumped money into it, but I was the only owner of that car before I sold it. Yeah, I dumped money into it, but that was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life because 1) A modified car no matter how much money is dumped into it will never drive like a new car, 2) say goodbye to your money in resale value and mods, and 3) reliability. Why waste your money throwing money at an IS300 when you can get a faster car out of the box with the same amount of money and get some of that back later and save yourself a lot of headaches?

sneek
04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
One of my clients took me for a spirited drive in an 210 E55 AMG. It was perhaps one of the sweetest drives I have been on. It isn't really the hp that gets you it is the epic amounts of torque, although it is a very big car.

R154
04-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Driving in the mountains. It is something he does fairly often. I am going to agree to disagree with you. And I was wrong, I should have called you stupid. But you are being a smartass.

You should get back to studying anyways... leave the info commons quicker.

mischief
04-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes

Unless the OP is willing to wait a year or more I don't think he'll find a base C63 in Canada. I'm sure there is one or two available on a dealer lot in Western Canada but they all come loaded... so you have to have every option including the $2500 Carbon Fibre Trim, $900 paint, and gas guzller tax. I was hoping to get one for this summer, but the MSRP was around $80,900 plus tax, I offered $77777.77 and they weren't into dealing.

There were definitely a couple at Hyatt and Lone Star that had the Premium Package (Navi, etc. that rage was talking about) without the AMG performance package and even list they were ~ $76,000 out the door and they were definitely willing to move a bit on those.

In my opinion there is no question but to get the C63, if your going to be spending that much on a CLS I would defintely spend the extra money. One of my favourites in the AMG lineup for sure!

R154
04-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I don't see that insinuation at all. That's a reach. I mention nothing about ricers in my post. Maybe you should give it another read, or get someone to read it to you if you can't see what I wrote. My modified lude? That car wasn't exactly an example of dumping money into an old car. I may have dumped money into it, but I was the only owner of that car before I sold it. Yeah, I dumped money into it, but that was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life because 1) A modified car no matter how much money is dumped into it will never drive like a new car, 2) say goodbye to your money in resale value and mods, and 3) reliability. Why waste your money throwing money at an IS300 when you can get a faster car out of the box with the same amount of money and get some of that back later and save yourself a lot of headaches?

He made it clear that he would not utilise a car with stock 400HP (which in calgary is NO WHERE near). Hence my suggestion being on point. But obviously lexus doesnt carry the same clout as MB which is where the discrepancy lies. Tibor wants a car that turns heads, not lap times.

Besides an is300 with 40 grand into it would decimate ANY car stock and nearly all "modded" luxury cars, besides super duper exotics, ofcourse.
With the money left over (the 40 grand) he could have a turn key WOTM motor/setup shipped to his door put in and tuned. and the motor bolts directly in! And how!

Point is, what I was getting at was a subtle poke at the tendencies to want a new shiny toy instead of a built track beatable car. I started to make that point after my suggestions were laughed at, despite later on in the thread those same posters turned around and realised that what they were advocating for was in fact just as out to lunch as my tangential suggestion of a built IS300.

You might of seen your build as a mistake and an error in judgement, but to me no mb is as cool as a 1000HP supra. Thats the essential difference between myself and most of these postersn and you. I am a built car guy making suggestions for a friend who wants a luxury ride. All cars are money pit's. If its for enjoyment and you are spending more then 25 grand you take it in your stride that you arent recouping value. Thats a given and quite redundant. How long would he keep it for? Who cares.

My bad. Car enthusiasts.

pinoyhero
04-24-2009, 08:02 PM
CLS55 if you can swing it ... love the look of that ride.

MoDo27
04-24-2009, 08:15 PM
There are C63's around now, not a bulk supply..but a supply. You just need to know where to look....or who to ask :devil:

I can hook you up with any AMG you want actually. You dealing with Lone Star or Hyatt out there ??

PM me, if you are seriously looking.

Ghettobaby
04-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Yes I want a perfomer, yeah I want a luxury ride, yes I want a car that ppl will notice me in, and yes I do take my cars to the track.

I do have intentions of modding, but I want a good starting point aswell.

I have fallen for the cls55 and already found one which I am going to try for. It is comfrotable for daily driving, good for road trips, will definatley get noticed, has more luxury features then I even knew you could have, great aftermarket support, only 3 years old (so I can still get good financing) and will surprise a lot of ppl on the track this summer.

I know I put this thread up and asked for advise. I will keep looking while waiting for insurance to figure some stuff out. But the CLS55 has set the bar pretty high.

Thanks

Tibor

buh_buh
04-24-2009, 09:04 PM

He made it clear that he would not utilise a car with stock 400HP (which in calgary is NO WHERE near). Hence my suggestion being on point. But obviously lexus doesnt carry the same clout as MB which is where the discrepancy lies. Tibor wants a car that turns heads, not lap times.

Besides an is300 with 40 grand into it would decimate ANY car stock and nearly all "modded" luxury cars, besides super duper exotics, ofcourse.
With the money left over (the 40 grand) he could have a turn key WOTM motor/setup shipped to his door put in and tuned. and the motor bolts directly in! And how!

Point is, what I was getting at was a subtle poke at the tendencies to want a new shiny toy instead of a built track beatable car. I started to make that point after my suggestions were laughed at, despite later on in the thread those same posters turned around and realised that what they were advocating for was in fact just as out to lunch as my tangential suggestion of a built IS300.

You might of seen your build as a mistake and an error in judgement, but to me no mb is as cool as a 1000HP supra. Thats the essential difference between myself and most of these postersn and you. I am a built car guy making suggestions for a friend who wants a luxury ride. All cars are money pit's. If its for enjoyment and you are spending more then 25 grand you take it in your stride that you arent recouping value. Thats a given and quite redundant. How long would he keep it for? Who cares.

My bad. Car enthusiasts.
I would consider both to be luxury brands, and although Lexus doesn't have the history of building performance cars MB does, I do think they have the ability to, and have built a really good car in the IS-F. As luxury brands, I would consider them to be both in the upper echelon of daily drivers. As far as turning heads goes, that's pretty subjective.

Of course an IS with 40g into it will decimate any supercar. So would any Civic.

Yeah a 1000hp is pretty cool, but that too is subjective. Don't get me wrong, I loved my car when I had it, regardless of the headaches and bs I put up with throughout the years. Yeah it was sweet having a quick Honda for a while, but in hindsight that money could've bought something much quicker out of the box and maybe even gotten more utility in terms of fun factor. But you know what else I like having? Money. Being less of a built car guy than I used to be doesn't make me any less of an enthusiast, and in fact might even make me a smarter one since I now have the ability to buy another car down the line with the money I recoup rather than squandering it on engines and parts. Putting money into a modded car now for me just means less money for 5 years from now. Not everyone has that kind of disposable income and not have the foresight to look 5 years ahead or to the next car they own. If you don't... well enjoy that Lambo while you still have it.

R154
04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I understand and accept your point of view completely. we are also in difference stages in our lives. Maybe the novelty of having a fast turbo import will wear of and my tastes will mature into something different. Put aside my obvious bias I still think the is350 is a nicer looking car then the MB. But you are right, it is all subjective.

I will bite my tongue.

ZorroAMG
04-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I was behind 3 different IS's including an ISF today and they are BLAND.

The C63/CLS55 are MUCH nicer cars with WAY better performance....

FLARE
04-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Why not try for an 2005 or 2006 E55?

Thats what I'm leaning towards soon!! :love:

Ghettobaby
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by FLARE
Why not try for an 2005 or 2006 E55?

Thats what I'm leaning towards soon!! :love:

Lol I have tried to find one. That was my first choice, when I came across the CLS55 and started to like it.

Let me know how your search for one in Canada goes.

FLARE
04-24-2009, 09:31 PM
^ Its terrible.. haha

But I figure playing the patient game on this type of car is the way to go; unless of course you feel like importing from the U.S. because then you have TONES to choose from. Its something i've considered, and will continue thinking of, since eventually our dollar will rise again...

max_boost
04-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Skipping over everything......

Like the 2nd post, just get a C63.

/thread

:thumbsup:

Hakkola
04-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by FLARE
Its something i've considered, and will continue thinking of, since eventually our dollar will rise again...

Have you done your research on importing a Benz? It's probably the biggest bitch of any make to import.

Hakkola
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM

The C63/CLS55 are MUCH nicer cars with WAY better performance....

I wasn't actually sure about this, but checking Nurburgring times C63 beats the IS-F by 5 seconds per lap with the same driver at 8:13 vs 8:18. That 8:13 time is identical to the E60 M5 time, again, same driver. Cool.

FLARE
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Have you done your research on importing a Benz? It's probably the biggest bitch of any make to import.

Ive only considered it, not really done my homework yet though. but to me, a little bit of work to get the exact car you want makes sense. it takes a little bit of work to make the money for the damn thing...

911fever
04-25-2009, 02:12 AM
last option, there's a few pre-owned IS-F's that are going for mid 50's here in Toronto with under 10k km. Crazy good deal.

EuroDubbs
04-25-2009, 02:30 AM
slk 550 amg!

ZorroAMG
04-25-2009, 12:32 PM
WTF is an SLK 550 amg?

:facepalm: You must be from vancouver....that car sounds as cool as the C 230 amg's I see everywhere.

MoDo27
04-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by EuroDubbs
slk 550 amg!

You mean CLK 550 AMG ? Those are just appearance packages...

ZorroAMG
04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by MoDo27

You mean CLK 550 AMG ? Those are just appearance packages...

Uhhh...THERE IS NO SUCH THING as a 550 AMG....SLK, CLK, SL or whatever...

J@Tuner
04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
E55 :thumbsup:

Ghettobaby
04-25-2009, 08:39 PM
After today the S6 entered as a new contender. Its a little more pricey than any other, but so nice.

R-Audi
04-26-2009, 09:59 AM
No S5??

Fuji
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Again, he could go and test drive an ISF. Which would Murder the mercedes in the same bracket.

The C63 is the ISF competitor... I'm pretty sure the ISF won't murder that.

911fever
04-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

The C63 is the ISF competitor... I'm pretty sure the ISF won't murder that.

depending on reviews, some say the C63 is better, others argue they IS-F is better. Personal opinion is needed when looking at them.

ZorroAMG
04-27-2009, 02:31 PM
HAHA the ISF will never "murder" the C63...street or track.

benyl
04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

depending on reviews, some say the C63 is better, others argue they IS-F is better. Personal opinion is needed when looking at them.

Why do you assume that it isn't personal opinion? There are a lot of people balling out of control on this forum and have cars like the ones mentioned.

Not everyone bench races with magazine articles.

kenny
04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
WTF is an SLK 550 amg?

:facepalm: You must be from vancouver....that car sounds as cool as the C 230 amg's I see everywhere.

Can't top the Black SLK320 AMG we had on beyond :rofl:

rage2
04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Come on... it had AMG wheels! :rofl:

ZorroAMG
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
LOL.....old school!

buh_buh
04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Can't top the Black SLK320 AMG we had on beyond :rofl: I remember seeing a BMW SLK32 once too.

71car
04-27-2009, 10:43 PM
An "old car" isn't alway a Japanese import! :rolleyes:

Well, anyone who likes to mod up that import - be it a German, Italian, British or Japanese is entitled in every right how one see fit in their eyes. That's their business - not another critic's bee-wax!

As the old saying goes: "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

Ghettobaby
04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
:cry: Well I thought this was going to be easy. I truly believed my heart was set on a CLS55, but I just cant seem to find one in good condition. I have looked at all of those for sale in AB, and even viewed loads of pictures of potential cars that dealers have found for me. But there is always a huge flaw, be it severe scratches on the body, cracks in the wood panels, or a lack of information available about the vehicles history :(

So now I started looking at E55's again. Even though they don't look as good as the CLS the performance and comfort still make me overwhelmingly happy. The one that really has my attention is the E55 at Envision Auto. Same 2 tone leather as my old car (charcoal with burgundy inserts), same exterior color (brilliant silver), has keyless go, pano roof, massaging seats, vented seats. Its near perfect (I'd probably convert those axis wheels to winters ;)).

Now heres my question. If you enjoyed a car this much would you pay what the seller is asking (seller not willing to budge on price), would the 13% interest on financing an older vehicle turn your off? is it really worth it or should I keep looking at CLS55's (newer vehicle = lower finance interest, some warranty, more recent technology).

I think I have just looked at and test driven to many cars, that I am now saddened by the loss of my car.

Thanks

Eleanor
04-28-2009, 11:47 PM
If you really want a fast sedan, why are you looking at the Germans?

CTS-V

/thread

:drama:

max_boost
04-29-2009, 01:32 AM
13% financing is insane. Prime is only 2.25% right now :nut:

Be patient and keep looking? Eventually the perfect car will come up. What's the hurry? :dunno:

infected
04-29-2009, 01:39 AM
The autoarts wont fit the CLS or E... part out? :D

Ghettobaby
04-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
13% financing is insane. Prime is only 2.25% right now :nut:

Be patient and keep looking? Eventually the perfect car will come up. What's the hurry? :dunno:

The hurry is that insurance already declared the car a total loss, and an appraiser has been requested to go look at my car. My adjuster believes I should have a cheque sometime next week, and then I will have to return the rental within 72 hrs, leaving me no way of getting around unless I am somehow driven to rediscover the Calgary Transit system.

Ghettobaby
04-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by infected
The autoarts wont fit the CLS or E... part out? :D

If your interested in them send me a pm. Right now they are on the car, as insurance is likely going to reimburse me for them.

you&me
04-29-2009, 08:00 AM

The hurry is that insurance already declared the car a total loss, and an appraiser has been requested to go look at my car. My adjuster believes I should have a cheque sometime next week, and then I will have to return the rental within 72 hrs, leaving me no way of getting around unless I am somehow driven to rediscover the Calgary Transit system.

Don't rush into buying something just for the sake of it, or because you think you have to avoid transit (which I wholly endorse!)

If you're getting a big cheque from your ins co, you could always continue to rent a car out of pocket until you find a nice replacement... rushing into a $60,000 used car is the last thing you should do!

Out of curiosity, where were you quoted 13% interest? That's insane! At least 5% higher than it should be... could be much lower if you were to go through one of the CPO programs with MB, BMW etc...

If you're considering Audis, I'd go RS4... similar money (or less) than the S6 and much more fun!

Ghettobaby
04-29-2009, 08:16 AM
I was quoted 13 at almost every dealership for vehicles 04 and older. 05 and newer can receive longer finance periods at less interest (normal interest).

I would love the RS4, but I need an auto for family reasons. I would be all over one if I didnt need the auto.

Worst case scenario is that I will continue to rent a car, on average i spend about 2-3 hrs a day travelling in my car, so transit would really suck.

benyl
04-29-2009, 08:56 AM

You could probably rent a car for a few weeks instead of paying a ridiculous amount of interest.

911fever
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
those interest rates are fucked. You can get better rates than those.

saiyajin
04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
I was quoted 13 at almost every dealership for vehicles 04 and older. 05 and newer can receive longer finance periods at less interest (normal interest).

I would love the RS4, but I need an auto for family reasons. I would be all over one if I didnt need the auto.

Worst case scenario is that I will continue to rent a car, on average i spend about 2-3 hrs a day travelling in my car, so transit would really suck.

get one from the bank they will be better than those crazy rates... :eek:

max_boost
04-30-2009, 12:42 AM
13% is just insane.

Why not lease or finance new then? The rates are <5% easily. :dunno:

You must really want that CLS badly if you want to pay 13%! :eek:

Redlyne_mr2
04-30-2009, 12:50 AM

Hmm all dealers use the same banks for the most part, the rates vary from 5.9 - 7.99 right now. They are quoting you 13% for 1 of 2 reasons.
a) You're higher risk (i'm not going to get into what defines higher risk and put your business out on the forums)
b) They are trying to bank a high reserve (money the dealer gets from the bank for sending the bank the business), the higher the rate the higher the reserve.

I wouldnt deal with a dealer trying to force you into going with a rate that high, that's crazy bad news unless you have no choice due to credit.

anschutz_92
04-30-2009, 12:54 AM
No kidding, why not go through your personal LOC?

Ghettobaby
04-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
13% is just insane.

Why not lease or finance new then? The rates are &lt;5% easily. :dunno:

You must really want that CLS badly if you want to pay 13%! :eek:

13% is for the E55's I've been looking at. (which I should have clarified are all being sold by individual car dealers)

I can get into a CLS55 for 3%, I just cant find a CLS that I am satisfied with.

However now I have applyed for a loan and LOC directly from the bank so that I wont be paying crazy interest should I go with an E55

Rstar
04-30-2009, 09:02 AM
If your looking at cars worth 60k cant you get a line of credit?

Whip that family into shape. Driving a standard isn't hard!

Redlyne_mr2
05-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I dont follow the values of c32s much but this seems like a clean car at a good price, why get into debt? :)
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Mercedes-Benz-Mercedes-Benz-C32-AMG-Mint-Condition-349hp-W0QQAdIdZ125145306

Ghettobaby
05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Finally some pics. I hope you guys enjoy them. :(

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/anotherfront.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/thefront.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/driversfront.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/driversside.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/theback.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/inside.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/passback2.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/passback3.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/TiborTuss/passback.jpg

Mr_ET
05-05-2009, 09:50 PM
wow that was nasty at least the rims still look like they made it out ok!

asfjasljj
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
are those rims still fine? willing to part that out? LOL

911fever
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
wow your rims are good, how much? hahaha

Civ2NR
05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Why did your air bags not go off? Looks like quite an impact front and back.

Ghettobaby
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
As it stands now, insurance is trying to figure out if they will or will not reimburse me for the wheels since they were so expensive.

I am not sure why the airbags did not deploy, at first it was that due to the height difference the sensors out back were not crushed, and because the front bumper bowed out, it did not crush the ones at front. :dunno:

infected
05-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Too bad the car is in the lot and not with you. We could have had a huge part-out/part-swap party before handing her over to insurance.
AMG cat-back, AMG front and rear brakes, AMG front and rear sways, cluster, steering wheel, shifter, entire center console. :poosie:

TorqueDog
05-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I am not sure why the airbags did not deploy, at first it was that due to the height difference the sensors out back were not crushed, and because the front bumper bowed out, it did not crush the ones at front. :dunno: Front airbag sensors are decelerometers. The airbags didn't deploy because they weren't supposed to; you were rear-ended while at a stop.