PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Cayman S

urban.one
04-24-2009, 08:44 AM
This car has started to grow on me. Ive only done a little research and havent gone out to look at any yet but am wondering how other car enthusiasts look at this car. Initially I didnt like it and associated it strongly with the Boxster.

Thoughts? Im looking at used and even though theres a wide range in price Id consider anything from 08 right back to 06.

you&me
04-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Fantastic car. Great balance and more poise than a 911. Try to find one with PASM. Don't worry about the other options, though on the used side, the loaded cars don't bring much of a premium over the "base" cars... there is an incredible value in paying ten cents on the dollar for the original owners specs!

JAYMEZ
04-24-2009, 10:29 AM
I liked driving one , they are really fun to drive! Go for it :thumbsup: But I did end up buying the C4S 911 , but hell , for a porsche and the price , I would pick one up if I was in the market.

Jlude
04-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I've only ever driven a 02 911 C Cab and I test drove an 07 Cayman S.

They're such a sweet car... and I don't even like Porsche.

I've seen them online in the US.. lightly modified (rims/suspension) with low mileage for high 30's.

Haven't priced one up here... but if the dollar ever get close to par again... it would be worth bringing one up.

Mitsu3000gt
04-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I drove the Cayman S back to back with a regular 911 C2. I much preferred the Carrera - the extra displacement was immediately noticable and it had better low-end. The Cayman S just didn't seem overly fast, although everyting else was great (handling, connected feel, etc.) This was a year or so ago though, before the new direct injection motors and PDK. If I was in the market, I would go for the Carrera no question about it if my bank account allowed for it.

milesmcewing
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Send me a PM, I will make a test drive available!

Lots of different bits to speak and learn about, it is our enthusiast car, and the best handling car we make.

Cheers
Miles

urban.one
05-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks Ill keep it in mind when Im further along.

Originally posted by milesmcewing
Send me a PM, I will make a test drive available!

Lots of different bits to speak and learn about, it is our enthusiast car, and the best handling car we make.

Cheers
Miles

Kor
06-01-2009, 07:06 PM
This is a bit late but Miles is a nice guy you should take him up on it.

Cayman is a great car, many awards for best handling car, best drivers car in the world, bar none.

Very quick but also if you value luxury and handling and overall road performance, not just straight line performance, this is the car for you.

JTC180
06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
The Cayman is a great car but could use a bit more power imo.

barmanjay
06-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Mile let me test drive one

I love it

Lots of power,.. I love the height adjust, the different suspension settings, the suede interior.

soloracer
06-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by JTC180
The Cayman is a great car but could use a bit more power imo.

I used to think so too, until I got a ride with a club member at our autocross. The car was unbelievable! He posted top time of the day - faster than the GT3's and 997 Turbo. Admittedly the track was damp and the guy was driving the wheels off the Cayman S (with PSM on). However, the times he put down were impressive.