TurboD
04-24-2009, 06:14 PM
- 7 Seas Seafood & Grill Restaurant

- 7521 MacLeod Trail SW, Calgary, AB T2H 0L8
Telephone : 403-252-8087

- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 5/5

stumbled upon this small little resturant, walked in and was seated, family owned, the head cook came up and explained what was fresh and what were the top dishes on the menu, listed a ton of stuff.

so i picked up the grilled muscles (app) and the king fish with white rice. i had no idea what king fish even was or what it looked like, ive never had king fish before.

total price was $40.39 w/ tax plus tip

she grabbed me a paper to read and a drink and a water with my meal, and when the dish came it was two big/thick "fish breasts".
more than enough for one person, i was really hungry so i was able to pack it down and was full for a long time afterward.

they were amazing, the plate had a layer of a sauce that was great for dipping. it tasted amazing, crispy on the outside and falling apart on the inside, the outer pieces tasted like bacon they were so flavorful.
i cant even describe the taste, it was like no other, but being that it was two thick slabs of fish i got exactly what i was looking for.

not so important blab:

was in the area and spotted this place, from the outside it looked like a typical fish and chips place so i went in for some protein.

turned out to be fairly small but very elegant resturant with a large menu and stiff prices.

i decided to treat myself since i never spend more than 10$ for a meal

el-nino
04-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Ya it is one of the best Filipino restaurants in Calgary and it is extremely expensive but man I can eat this every day!!!
+1 for 7 seas!

pinoyhero
04-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Interesting ... I'll have to check it out.

INITIALD
04-24-2009, 08:22 PM
The filipino food there is great. :thumbsup:

AutodreamMarvin
04-25-2009, 02:33 AM
Definitely the BEST filipino food in Calgary.

Try their lechon kawali. I'm not sure what kind of seasoning they put on it, but it is the best I have ever tasted.

nj2Type-S
04-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by AutodreamMarvin
Definitely the BEST filipino food in Calgary.

Try their lechon kawali. I'm not sure what kind of seasoning they put on it, but it is the best I have ever tasted.

i'd have to agree with you there with regards to their lechon kawali. sooo unhealthy but sooo good! lol!

Clever
04-28-2009, 01:23 PM
7 Seas was discussed here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/249123/review-barrio-fiesta-on-6800-memorial/

My wife loves it there and she's not filipino, but we only go once in a while since her favorite dish is the Crispy Pata.:nut:

clem24
05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Haha the original review didn't give the impression that it was a Filipino restaurant.. Sounded more like a white place. LOL at the fish breasts... Maybe you meant fillet? :rofl:

Anyway, this place sounds interesting. I think I'll have to give it a try.

TurboD
05-08-2009, 06:04 PM
there are two sides of the menu, seafood and flip food, and since i cannot read what the flip side is i ordered from the seafood side. plus the reason i went to this place was the seafood

Daxin
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Never tried Filipino food before but the seafood part sounds interesting. Can anyone give a brief idea of what kind of seafood they serve?

TurboD
05-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Daxin
Never tried Filipino food before but the seafood part sounds interesting. Can anyone give a brief idea of what kind of seafood they serve?

give them a call

anything on the menu is fresh, if they cannot bring in the food fresh they don't put it on the menu.