PDA

View Full Version : home brew beer

pandamonium
04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
hey, when i used to live back in ontario there where a few places where you can brew your own beer. i've been looking around for something similar here in calgary. has anyone brewed their own beer? what places would you recomend?
thanks!!

legendboy
04-25-2009, 08:36 AM
intrested also

BigDaftAL
04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm thinking of joining these guy's this year.

www.yeastwranglers.ca

I think there's some links to stores that stock homebrew equipment on their site.

Graham_A_M
04-25-2009, 12:35 PM
go to chapters and pick up a magazine called "Brew your own" ( www.byo.com ) Thats what I did. TONS and TONS of differnent companies in there offering many different kinds of equipment, hops, yeast, everything.
Even full package deals in the quanitities you want, as well as very detailed instructions of how to brew it.

Yeah its pretty much all the info you'd ever need.... short of getting a degree towards becoming a brewmaster. :dunno:
The website doesn't do it justice there is probably 60 different reciepes in this one issue alone, as well as walk through of all the different brewing equipment.

Best to buy online for the best selection towards obtaining the proper ingredients for the type of beer you want.

nonlinear
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
i have some brewing equipment for sale if anyone is interested (bottles, bottle capper, dextrose, carboys, etc. - everything you need). PM for more info

ercchry
04-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by pandamonium
hey, when i used to live back in ontario there where a few places where you can brew your own beer. i've been looking around for something similar here in calgary. has anyone brewed their own beer? what places would you recomend?
thanks!!

welcome to alberta where home brewing can actually be done in the home!

hotryder
04-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Cheap asses. Buy TNT beer if you are that desperate.

Supa Dexta
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Get into swish..

Hakkola
04-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah!

We make our own Finnish beer "sima" every summer. Soon... I can almost taste it.

Brutucus
04-25-2009, 11:38 PM
There is a place next to Jdmsource, that sells beer kits and wine kits. Maybe try that out.