PDA

View Full Version : Dentists

TDFTW
04-24-2009, 10:08 PM
I have no dental plan, can't find work, and have a few teeth on both sides of my mouth that are all causing excrutiating pain all at once, for the past week straight. It's gotten so bad that I can barely function. When I walk, the pain pulses, when I bend over to pick something up, same deal. My one molar has chipped in half and I've done everything in my power to keep it from infecting, but it did not work.

I'm trying to find a dentist that would do pro-bono or some sort of subsidary program. I will need $1000+ worth of work done and I just don't have the money, I can barely afford medication to subside the pain.

Has anybody an idea of what I can do or where I can go, where to look? Any help is greatly appreciated, I've spent hours upon hours on google searching, and phoning different dentist offices and come up with nothing.

cuspid
04-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Worst case scenario you can have that molar extracted (it will not be too expensive)- but later on in your life when you can afford to have it replaced, it will be expensive and will never be as good as your natural tooth. especially if you are young, you should try to save it. Good luck.

TDFTW
04-24-2009, 10:33 PM
I have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled, and one molar pulled on the left hand side of my mouth at the very back. I HATE having my teeth pulled. I can't eat hard foods because they keep damaging my gums. I would love to save my tooth but I don't think it's feasable.

It costs me $200 to get a tooth pulled and I have about 3 giving me issues.

TDFTW
04-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Well I just found out about the cups center downtown. I'm going to go see if I'm eligible. I bet I've lost 10lbs this past week and a half from my inability to eat solid food

bignerd
04-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Either that or if you qualify you could try for the subsidized Alberta Health Care plan... they use to provide health insurance and pay your premiums (which are now gone) but I would expect they would still pay the dental and drug coverage.

Can you at least get some antibiotics or something?

TDFTW
04-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I had amoxicillan but its not clearing or preventing infection. I can't get t4's without going and paying dentist 100 for consultation and getting prescription

Amysicle
04-25-2009, 12:54 AM
So I looked into the patient clinic at the U of A. But it's still $150+ to do the intial exam and x-rays and then it can be up to a 3 month wait before you have a student assigned to you. I thought maybe because it's students practicing on real people, it might have been cheaper but it doesn't look that way and you can't wait that long anyways.

I think bignerd was referring to something like this: http://employment.alberta.ca/cps/rde/xchg/hre/hs.xsl/2085.html

I have no other suggestions except maybe to hit up your friends and family for some money.

TDFTW
04-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks for taking the time to check into that I appreciate it.

superboss
04-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Do you have some sort of idea as to what is wrong with your teeth.? I understand your pain man, I hate sore teeth. It really does effect everything else in your body. Once I had a tooth ache that the pain actually stretched in to my neck, it hurt so bad.

if you are trying to fight infection then rinsing your mouth out with salt and hot water helps a lot. it you can do it a million times a day, do it. If the cavity has already reached the nerve in the tooth, then you are screwed and have to see a dentist for a root canal. Good luck!!!!