PDA

View Full Version : ticket :(

Moezer
04-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Hey guys i was pulled over and got a ticket for not providing proof of insurance, but i gave him the insurance paper that i had, the temporary one and it was expired but i have an original one that has the same info as the temporary one, if i take it to court will it get droped if i show them both of the papers the expired one and the good one? its my first ticket thanks

Moezer
04-25-2009, 02:41 AM
:S i put this in general can any one post here ?

Bumjubeo
04-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Yes, take the valid insurance down there IMMEDIATELY. Do not hesitate, do not wait.

This is a huge ticket that will screw you over for many years if you do not rectify ASAP.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 02:46 AM
51 views no one have or give me an answer ?

Moezer
04-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Bumjubeo
Yes, take the valid insurance down there IMMEDIATELY. Do not hesitate, do not wait.

This is a huge ticket that will screw you over for many years if you do not rectify ASAP.
it was only a 172$ ticket not the 2000 one

Cooked Rice
04-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Maybe reduced probably not dropped. You were guilty for what you got the ticket for. It wasn't a ticket for not having insurance at all. It was for you having no proof of insurance on you.

swipey13
04-25-2009, 02:48 AM
talk to your insurance company, they might be able to help you out on this one

Moezer
04-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Maybe reduced probably not dropped. You were guilty for what you got the ticket for. It wasn't a ticket for not having insurance at all. It was for you having no proof of insurance on you.
i did have proof but it was limited for 1 month but the same info thats on the limited one is the same as the real one that they send after the only thing was the it was expired :S but whats the diff isnt it the same i showed him that i had insurace

Cooked Rice
04-25-2009, 02:52 AM
SOMETIMES if your insurance has a 24 hour hot-line or their office is open. You can call them with your policy number and they can verify that you have a valid policy with the police officer when you're pulled over. But it depends on the officer. It's a pretty gay ticket, but not much can be done. It's basically to make the life of the cop easier by making sure drivers keep up to date and valid documents with them in the vehicle.

Bumjubeo
04-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Moezer

i did have proof but it was limited for 1 month but the same info thats on the limited one is the same as the real one that they send after the only thing was the it was expired :S but whats the diff isnt it the same i showed him that i had insurace

No, if the proof you had was limited to 1 month, then it is considered expired...I have 3 insurance slips that all say the same thing, but the expiration date is from last year....the sheet he saw had expired, and thats all he knows.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 02:56 AM
but is there a chance the ticket can be droped?

Cooked Rice
04-25-2009, 03:01 AM
Probably not. They may cut you a deal as in reduce the fine amount, but this one is hard to fight. Basically you just have to admit to not staying on top of keeping your documents in your car up to date. Judge/crown will probably say that according to highway-whatever act you are required to keep up to date proof of insurance when operating a motor vehicle. And the fact that you failed to produce these documents make you guilty.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 03:05 AM
^ will it help if im a student?

Cooked Rice
04-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Like I said they may reduce the fine. Go see the crown and see what happens. Or if you think you can somehow prove you were not guilty of such charge, go to court in front of the judge.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 03:10 AM
okie thanks

Bumjubeo
04-25-2009, 03:12 AM
For the $172 ticket I do not believe it can be dropped.

Because you infact did not have valid insurance with you. I believe they could have done a whole lot more if they believed you actually didnt have insurance.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 03:16 AM
but i do :D i dont know well see may 25 see what happens:clap:

Bumjubeo
04-25-2009, 03:21 AM
but i do :D i dont know well see may 25 see what happens:clap:

Sounds like the best plan.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 03:28 AM
he stoped me cuz i took the left lane while taking a right turn and not in to the right lane then took the left lane i went in to the right then took my left fast :S

InLoveWitRSX
04-25-2009, 04:05 AM
moe... already got a ticket? damn son.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX
moe... already got a ticket? damn son.
for a dumb reson too lol and he didnt pull me over untell the next lights :cry:

pinoyhero
04-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Dont wait until your court date if possible, see if theres a way you can go to traffic services and prove you've got insurance. Note that you do not want to waste the court's time.

DayGlow
04-25-2009, 08:50 AM
I believe the OP got a to produce ticket. The law states you have to provide proof on demand, which by providing an expired slip the OP failed to do. You can't produce it 24 hours later or at court, but at he time of demand. Never heard of this one being reduced.

atgilchrist
04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
he stoped me cuz i took the left lane while taking a right turn and not in to the right lane then took the left lane i went in to the right then took my left fast :S

It took me at least 2-3 minutes to understand that.

G-ZUS
04-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Moe he pulled you over cuz hes jealous that ur lebanese man and he jealous of ur mad grammar skillz man

In all seriousness, go down in 3 weeks, talk to the crown plead guilty to a lesser charge and consider it a lesson learnt. Always keep your updated documents in the car.

soupey
04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
holy lack of punctuation in OP's posts. go go esl.

beyond_ban
04-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I have gotten the same ticket. The Crown reduced it to half the cost, and since it does not carry any demerits i just paid it. It is best to take what they give you rather then to try and get it dropped and get nothing off.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by soupey
holy lack of punctuation in OP's posts. go go esl.
Hey asswipe im asking help on a ticket not on how to fucking write english stay on the fucking topic loser, and if ur giving free esl lessions id like to get some from a douche bag like u and as long as u can or others can understand what im saying then i can care less and if u dont like it i think by now u know my punctuation
sucks so next time keep ur shit in ur mouth and dont share it and even dont bother reading any of my posts:whipped:

Moezer
04-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I have gotten the same ticket. The Crown reduced it to half the cost, and since it does not carry any demerits i just paid it. It is best to take what they give you rather then to try and get it dropped and get nothing off.
its not i cant pay the damn thing but i dont wanna pay that much if i get it reduced then ill be more then happy to pay it

berbatov
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
^ will it help if im a student?
YES, students have no access to resources or brain cells.
In court it can stand as 'unable to care for due risks' and you will win and have the cop pay it for you, as in his ignorance he did not realize he is dealing with a student with a limited access to information and/or common sense.

beyond_ban
04-25-2009, 01:42 PM

its not i cant pay the damn thing but i dont wanna pay that much if i get it reduced then ill be more then happy to pay it

I cannot really understand you, but if you should go to the court building downtown and wait in line and then tell the worker behind the glass that you want to talk to someone about your ticket. Then you will meet with the Crown and he will deal with you and most likely help you out. If he doesn't want to help you out you can then plead not guilty and take it to court. If you go to court and the officer shows up, you will have only wasted your time as its your word vs. his, with the latter prevailing. If he doesn't show up, your charges get dropped.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by berbatov

YES, students have no access to resources or brain cells.
In court it can stand as 'unable to care for due risks' and you will win and have the cop pay it for you, as in his ignorance he did not realize he is dealing with a student with a limited access to information and/or common sense.
Ur so funny i forgot to laugh retard

LongCity
04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I think you should write in point form instead of trying to construct sentences. Very slight chance you'll be better understood.

Originally posted by atgilchrist
It took me at least 2-3 minutes to understand that.

I still don't understand it.

nodoubtt
04-25-2009, 01:58 PM

Hey asswipe im asking help on a ticket not on how to fucking write english stay on the fucking topic loser, and if ur giving free esl lessions id like to get some from a douche bag like u and as long as u can or others can understand what im saying then i can care less and if u dont like it i think by now u know my punctuation
sucks so next time keep ur shit in ur mouth and dont share it and even dont bother reading any of my posts:whipped:

jesus fucking christ, if anything you deserve a ticket for sounding like such a retard.
you're asking for help on a ticket, might as well try to be as concise and articulate about it as you can rather than writing like a 65 year old fob asian lady in chinatown?
I mean if you were trying to get help or information in-person somewhere, you wouldn't talk like a retard would you? what makes it any different if it's online in a forum.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by nodoubtt

jesus fucking christ, if anything you deserve a ticket for sounding like such a retard.
you're asking for help on a ticket, might as well try to be as concise and articulate about it as you can rather than writing like a 65 year old fob asian lady in chinatown?
I mean if you were trying to get help or information in-person somewhere, you wouldn't talk like a retard would you? what makes it any different if it's online in a forum.
the diffrence is that im not spelling every fucking word to the person im talking to dipshit

beyond_ban
04-25-2009, 02:11 PM

the diffrence is that im not spelling every fucking word to the person im talking to dipshit

You sir, are ridiculars.

LongCity
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Sowhenyoutalkinpersontosomeonedoyoujusttakeonegiantbreathandspewouteverythingyouwannasayinthatbreath?
Idon'tunderstandhowyouarealreadydonecollege.Don'ttheyrequireanylevelofcompetenceinyourwritingabilty? I'mguessingitwasaLebanesecollegewheretheydon'trequireyoutowriteinEnglish?

msommers
04-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
Sowhenyoutalkinpersontosomeonedoyoujusttakeonegiantbreathandspewouteverythingyouwannasayinthatbreath?
Idon'tunderstandhowyouarealreadydonecollege.Don'ttheyrequireanylevelofcompetenceinyourwritingabilty? I'mguessingitwasaLebanesecollegewheretheydon'trequireyoutowriteinEnglish?

My head went boom

Stealth22
04-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Holy shit, I was actually able to read every word of that, at a normal speed! :nut: :rofl:

As for the OP's ticket...its a failure to produce ticket. That means the cop figured you probably have valid insurance, but you could not, at that time, produce a valid insurance slip. I don't see why they would reduce this one at all, but you could try.

em2ab
04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Done....gladly. I got a lot of car knowledge and what you're doing is giving a people (helping you for free) a reason to ignore you. Bye.

LongCity
04-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

Holy shit, I was actually able to read every word of that, at a normal speed! :nut: :rofl:

Originally posted by msommers
My head went boom

haha I actually re-read what I wrote just to make sure there were no mistakes, other than the obvious of course, and it felt like reading one of his posts.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

Done....gladly. I got a lot of car knowledge and what you're doing is giving a people (helping you for free) a reason to ignore you. Bye.
some people do help and i thank them. But u suck so there no reson for me to even bother arguing with u since u wont understand what i say with out a . or a ,

topmade
04-25-2009, 09:44 PM
The ticket is failure to provide proof of insurance, meaning the cop believed you had insurance, you just couldn't provide the actual insurance slip at that moment. Doesn't even matter if it was in the car and you found it later, or it was in your back pocket. If you want to fight it to get it squashed then you can wait for the day on the ticket and go down to fight it. But it's a pretty cut and dry ticket so I don't know what you are going to do to get it tossed. Your best bet is to just get it reduced by going anytime before the court day and speak to the JP and they will most likely reduce it for you.

msommers
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Do both failure to produce valid insurance and having no driver's license on you result in a fine? I thought at one point you could get a ticket for no license on you, but could go down to the police station, produce your license there and get it resolved.

Moezer
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Do both failure to produce valid insurance and having no driver's license on you result in a fine? I thought at one point you could get a ticket for no license on you, but could go down to the police station, produce your license there and get it resolved.
i think if u dont have ur license on u at the time the cop may tow u away or wont let u in the car

DayGlow
04-26-2009, 07:24 AM

common misconception. The TSA states that a driver must on demand produce their driver license, registration of the vehicle, and proof of insurance. If you can't at the time of the demand you can get a ticket. There is no built in grace period.

InLoveWitRSX
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah and I dont think you can reduce it since theres nothing it can be reduced to?

like say you got a speeding ticket 30 over.. the crown guy would help reduce it to 20 over...

but since this is a failure to produce it at the spot doesnt seem like theres any lower reduction on the ticket, BUT theres also no harm in trying to reduce it..

CMW403
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey guys i was pulled over and got a ticket for not providing proof of insurance, but i gave him the insurance paper that i had, the temporary one and it was expired but i have an original one that has the same info as the temporary one, if i take it to court will it get droped if i show them both of the papers the expired one and the good one? its my first ticket thanks

let me just say that it isn't just this thread that made me say this, its every single post you have ever made.

this, ".", is called a period. it is a punctuation mark used to indicate the end of a sentence or phrase.

this, ",", is called a comma. it is a punctuation mark used to separate things. some examples are, separation of clauses, parenthetical phrases, between adjectives, before quotes, in dates, in numbers, in names, and most importantly in separation of lists such as this one.

although you seem to think these two punctuation marks are the same, they are very different. please learn to use them before you enlighten us with any more of your opinions, questions or requests.

pinoyboy88
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM

I'm comfused. Provide a drawing?

LongCity
04-26-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm scared to see what his drawings look like.

Moezer
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm scared to see what his drawings look like.
here u go
http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/imagezoo/izs004/izs004285.jpg

Moezer
04-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

let me just say that it isn't just this thread that made me say this, its every single post you have ever made.

this, ".", is called a period. it is a punctuation mark used to indicate the end of a sentence or phrase.

this, ",", is called a comma. it is a punctuation mark used to separate things. some examples are, separation of clauses, parenthetical phrases, between adjectives, before quotes, in dates, in numbers, in names, and most importantly in separation of lists such as this one.

although you seem to think these two punctuation marks are the same, they are very different. please learn to use them before you enlighten us with any more of your opinions, questions or requests.

its wired how some people answered to what im asking just seems ur a dumb ass to understand

beyond_ban
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM

its wired how some peopel answered to what im asking justs seems ur adumb ass to understand :english: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Moezer
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
:english: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc19/englishclub_ftu/Learning%20Corner/ReadingCool_01.jpg?t=1240804743

CMW403
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM

its wired how some people answered to what im asking just seems ur a dumb ass to understand

LOL

seriously, are you fucking retarded?

LongCity
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM

here u go
http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/imagezoo/izs004/izs004285.jpg

What kind of pencil did you use, Moezy?

Moezer
04-27-2009, 09:05 AM

LOL

seriously, are you fucking retarded?
after seeing how u are acting, ima act like one so u wont feel like the only one :clap:

Moezer
04-27-2009, 09:07 AM

What kind of pencil did you use, Moezy?
if u know how to use photoshop ull know how to perfect pencil work

alloroc
04-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

common misconception. The TSA states that a driver must on demand produce their driver license, registration of the vehicle, and proof of insurance. If you can't at the time of the demand you can get a ticket. There is no built in grace period.

That because way back there was a grace period.

Once given a failure to produce you had something like a day or two days to take your real insurance to the courthouse and they would reduce the fine to something like $5.00. This happened to me twice. As you said, the rules are different now however.

PS Moezer, I hope they double your fine you asked for advice and then insult those who post to help you.

Typing proper sentences really helps. You say you are a student but with your grammar the only way that this makes sense to me is if you failed grade nine three times and are a 17 year old driving a car in junior high school.

kaput
04-27-2009, 12:42 PM

alloroc
04-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by kaput
All you guys picking on Moezers typing should be congratulating him on his rapid improvement. This is the first thread where his posts have been readable enough to critique.

They must have been so bad I skipped over them. I don't remember reading any of his posts in the past.

alloroc
04-27-2009, 12:51 PM

Yup ...

http://forums.beyond.ca/member2.php?s=&action=addlist&userlist=ignore&userid=57090

LongCity
04-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by kaput
All you guys picking on Moezers typing should be congratulating him on his rapid improvement. This is the first thread where his posts have been readable enough to critique.

I beg to differ.

kaput
04-27-2009, 01:16 PM

CMW403
04-27-2009, 01:16 PM

I beg to differ.

as do i. this guy should be labeled beyond's least intelligent instead of neutral

oilerfan4lyfe
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM

I don't understand but I wanna clarify because if it's what I think it is then I do it all the time and I should stop...

Were you merging right onto a road but you went straight across into the left lane instead of going in the right one first then switching? I didn't think that was illegal as long as you took a good look to make sure no one was coming in either lane.

em2ab
04-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe

I don't understand but I wanna clarify because if it's what I think it is then I do it all the time and I should stop...

Were you merging right onto a road but you went straight across into the left lane instead of going in the right one first then switching? I didn't think that was illegal as long as you took a good look to make sure no one was coming in either lane.
No, that's illegal. When turning, you have to turn into the nearest lane. Say you're driving down 4 Street and turn right onto 5 Avenue because you want to take Memorial out of downtown. There are 2 lanes turning right. If you're in the right lane, you have to turn into the far right lane.......yes, the unusable one with all the cars parked in it. If you're in the left lane, you have to turn into the second lane and the extra three lanes on 5 Avenue nobody can turn into. You have to merge left after the turn to get to those lanes. Does anyone do it? No, of course not. Instead, people turn from the right lane into the second lane, then merge all the way left to the far left lane, messing up the traffic for a mile because everyone has to hit their brakes.

The only reason I know this is because 2 days ago I was driving to work and some idiot in the left lane turned into the second lane, cutting me off. We pulled over and had a few words on the street where he informed me by law he has to turn into that lane. I really couldn't say anything to him, if he's right then I made the mistake. I haven't looked it up for sure yet but I think he is right.

Ntense_SpecV
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM

The only reason I know this is because 2 days ago I was driving to work and some idiot in the left lane turned into the second lane, cutting me off. We pulled over and had a few words on the street where he informed me by law he has to turn into that lane. I really couldn't say anything to him, if he's right then I made the mistake. I haven't looked it up for sure yet but I think he is right.

He was right...you were wrong. It's right in the learner's hand book of which lane you must turn into. They are now painting turn lines for people who don't know which lane to turn into.

Euro838
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I believe you can be ticketed for carrying or showing expired insurance. A cop told me that when I was pulled over and I didn't have the most up to date slip in the car. i got the speeding ticket but he didn't give me one for expired insurance.

alloroc
04-27-2009, 04:59 PM

However, if there is an object preventing the inside person from directly turning into the first lane and the inside person has to turn into the second lane the inside person has the right of way.

Ntense_SpecV
04-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

However, if there is an object preventing the inside person from directly turning into the first lane and the inside person has to turn into the second lane the inside person has the right of way.

Damn, I didn't know that. Guess you learn something new.

Sorry em2ab - didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass as my comment makes it look like I directed it to you which it wasn't. Personally I think that people would be better off with turn lanes clearly marked. I've witnessed the stupidest things where someone almost sideswipes the car beside them because they didn't turn into the correct lane.

em2ab
04-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

He was right...you were wrong. It's right in the learner's hand book of which lane you must turn into. They are now painting turn lines for people who don't know which lane to turn into.
I'm confused.....I wrote in my post that I couldn't say anything to him because he was likely right, my point is that I thought I was right so I was about to go off on him but ended up standing in the middle of 5th Avenue looking like an idiot.

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

Damn, I didn't know that. Guess you learn something new.

Sorry em2ab - didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass as my comment makes it look like I directed it to you which it wasn't. Personally I think that people would be better off with turn lanes clearly marked. I've witnessed the stupidest things where someone almost sideswipes the car beside them because they didn't turn into the correct lane.
See above. No hard feelings, I realized I was wrong and accepted it. The dilemma I face now is whether I follow the law and have people honk at me on a daily basis at the same intersection or keep breaking the law like I always have been and do what everyone else does.

But either way it's irrelevant I guess, this thread is about stupid tickets and bad grammar.

oilerfan4lyfe
04-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Right that makes sense em2ab...but what I'm talking about is if there was only a single right turn lane...you were waiting to turn right onto 5th Ave and lets say you needed to turn left the next block up...so, instead of turning onto 5th Ave then having to cut all the way across with "proper" lane changes, you pretty much just turn at an angle and end up in the left lane (assuming it's safe to do so obviously)...is that illegal? Technically you might even be driving through all the lanes to the right of the one that you end up in.

Think of lots of places where you have to yield then join a two lane road...can't you just go straight into the left lane or do you have to get into the right lane first, then initiate a lane change like you would had you been driving in the right lane all along?

Moezer
04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

That because way back there was a grace period.

Once given a failure to produce you had something like a day or two days to take your real insurance to the courthouse and they would reduce the fine to something like $5.00. This happened to me twice. As you said, the rules are different now however.

PS Moezer, I hope they double your fine you asked for advice and then insult those who post to help you.

Typing proper sentences really helps. You say you are a student but with your grammar the only way that this makes sense to me is if you failed grade nine three times and are a 17 year old driving a car in junior high school.
ur a twat t hey never helped all they doin is make fun of me :D read the mosts before u blow air from ur ass

Moezer
04-27-2009, 07:37 PM

as do i. this guy should be labeled beyond's least intelligent instead of neutral
nevver new i was in neutral fag boy

msommers
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Turning into the correct lane...downtown?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

em2ab
04-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe
Right that makes sense em2ab...but what I'm talking about is if there was only a single right turn lane...you were waiting to turn right onto 5th Ave and lets say you needed to turn left the next block up...so, instead of turning onto 5th Ave then having to cut all the way across with "proper" lane changes, you pretty much just turn at an angle and end up in the left lane (assuming it's safe to do so obviously)...is that illegal? Technically you might even be driving through all the lanes to the right of the one that you end up in.

Think of lots of places where you have to yield then join a two lane road...can't you just go straight into the left lane or do you have to get into the right lane first, then initiate a lane change like you would had you been driving in the right lane all along?
No because what you're describing is not a legal lane change. You have to be driving parallel with the lane, then signal, change lanes and turn off your indicator when half in the lane. Leaving your indicator on while fully entering the lane means you're either changing lanes again or turning out of the lane.

So if you're driving at an angle across the lanes, you're not making legal lane changes and therefore it is not legal. A lot of people think they're not breaking the law when actually they are........most times I see it when people turn right at a red light. If the light's red, by law you have to come to a complete stop before turning right. No slowing down and merging.

That's a topic for another thread though.

oilerfan4lyfe
04-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Ahh ok I get what you mean...thanks.

And yes I know about coming to a full stop on a red...no one ever seems to do that.