PDA

View Full Version : red light camera/ left turn

NARDI
04-25-2009, 07:28 PM
If there is an intersection with a red light camera and im making a left turn but there is a red light for the turn lane. If I go will the camera pick that up, or is it just aimed at traffic going straight through?

mr2mike
04-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I think it's aimed at traffic going through. If you have your signal on it might pick that up and disregard the ticket.

Also in court, argue a car looked like it wasn't stopping. You shouldn't have an issue fighting it.

BlackArcher101
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
What?

First of all, there are different types of cameras... it depends on how it's activated. I have no clue what they are like in Toronto.

Also, a photo doesn't pick up blinking lights... and the issue of a looking like it wasn't going to stop behind you isn't a valid excuse for fighting it.

wardpr68
04-26-2009, 02:36 PM
if you are making a left turn on a red the only reason you should be doing so is if were ALREADY in the intersection... in which case the camera will not take a photo.

NARDI
04-26-2009, 02:41 PM
There is a green light for the trafic going through, but there is a red light for the left turn( which was a new sign may be 2 weeks old which i wasnt aware).

berbatov
04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
if you take a right turn, it is legal and it will not be penalized

you take a left on red - only in one way left turn street

liquidboi69
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
if you are making a left turn on a red the only reason you should be doing so is if were ALREADY in the intersection... in which case the camera will not take a photo.

Like previously said, a left turn onto a oneway.

An example i believe is... 4th Street SW and 6th Ave SW heading west, there is a camera right beside that church.

To answer the OP's question, if you just stop to a complete stop before turning... it usually doesnt take a picture.

I have had it once tho... where iw as going too fast so i stopped just over the line a bit and it took a pic of me but i was not moving, so there would be no 2nd pic of me passing through intersection.

NARDI
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
hmhmmmmm....
My original question was: will the red light camera take a picture when I make a left turn which has a red light but the trafic going through the intersection has green light?

berbatov
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

Like previously said, a left turn onto a oneway.

I repeat ... in which case the camera will not take a photo

Originally posted by NARDI
My original question was: will the red light camera take a picture when I make a left turn which has a red light but the trafic going through the intersection has green light?
Yes