PDA

View Full Version : spraycans

colt22
04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
So just installed a real nice e36 M3 bumper on my 328is. Its primed and ready to go. Ordered some color matched paint from sams paint supplies (awesome btw, if you need any color matched to your car in full cans for 15 bucks a piece sams is the place), and now I am in the process of beginning to paint

any tips on how to this good with a spraycan, or is it a bad idea entirely (should I spend the money and get a gun)?

ALSO--

Has anyone installed an e36 M3 rear wing? If so let me know, I need help !

Clark-Kent
04-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Spraycan will be fine as long as you do a good job
i painted my Bumper on my old RX7 and it looked fine
just have to do a good job

ercchry
04-25-2009, 08:39 PM
the trick is....

1. clean environment

2. clean surface (clean it well so there is no grease or anything

3. thin coats

4. keep can straight, and stop the spray when you get to the end of your arms length ie. spray across, stop, start spray again and spray back

then if it does not look perfect, wet sand and repeat

superfly1031
05-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by colt22
(awesome btw, if you need any color matched to your car in full cans for 15 bucks a piece sams is the place)

I don't mean to thread jack... but quick question about Sam's..

Is it the same as Sam's Auto Body Supplies? I'm also going to guess they have primer and clear coats there as well.

Thanks

turbotrip
05-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by superfly1031

I don't mean to thread jack... but quick question about Sam's..

Is it the same as Sam's Auto Body Supplies? I'm also going to guess they have primer and clear coats there as well.

Thanks

yea i think the place is called sams autobody its right off blackfoot, across from blackfoot motorsports

superfly1031
05-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip

yea i think the place is called sams autobody its right off blackfoot, across from blackfoot motorsports

Thanks!

Drsuce
05-19-2009, 01:58 PM
worst case is you'd have to wetsand the bad spots down! my passenger front fender has rattle can clear on it and you'd never know ;)